ShinRyouma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
megawalk said:
lol i am jealous =p i wish i had the tools and knowledge to translate this =/
You can learn, I started learning rom hacking just 2-3weeks before my first patch, this project is my first translation.
Read post #21 & #22, that's where you can get knowledge & tools.
You need to do a lot of trial & error, no experts will hold your hands to teach you.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i think i am in the wrong section
unsure.gif

i found a ASCII Hex Hack Guide
blink.gif

i loved the guide tho as i am seeing a matter how ASCII Hex Editting Works now

ShinRyouma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
megawalk said:
i think i am in the wrong section
unsure.gif

i found a ASCII Hex Hack Guide
blink.gif

i loved the guide tho as i am seeing a matter how ASCII Hex Editting Works now
You can learn everything.
The basic is in "Getting started", tools in "Utilities".
Have fun
smile.gif

tom9927

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
very nice if only i could trans japan then i would so do the story it seems interesting im guessing with these types of games the story keeps it going its good but a bit reptieve the story ould keep it going unlucky i can't read japan

anyway hows the project going looks very good so far and prayin for more (did i go over the top?)

ShinRyouma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Translating is fun but it takes a lot of my time, before my back hurts (sit too much) I translate 10 hours everyday, except Saturday and Sunday. After the hurt sometimes I translate, sometimes I don't. Translating scripts will take a lot more (I mean A LOT LOT MORE) time than just translating menus, I can't imagine my back
frown.gif

With Noitora's menu translation everybody can play better, the purpose of my translation is to help everybody play more seriously (because more words are in English).
I can't translate the script, so if anybody want to translate the script you are more than welcome
smile.gif

The more translators the merrier.

I'm still translating, but my progress is slow.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
ShinRyouma said:
Translating is fun but it takes a lot of my time, before my back hurts (sit too much) I translate 10 hours everyday, except Saturday and Sunday. After the hurt sometimes I translate, sometimes I don't. Translating scripts will take a lot more (I mean A LOT LOT MORE) time than just translating menus, I can't imagine my back
frown.gif

With Noitora's menu translation everybody can play better, the purpose of my translation is to help everybody play more seriously (because more words are in English).
I can't translate the script, so if anybody want to translate the script you are more than welcome
smile.gif

The more translators the merrier.

I'm still translating, but my progress is slow.
Isn't the script compressed?

ShinRyouma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Noitora said:
Noitora, forgive me, I'm still a newbie in rom hacking, I don't know if the script is compressed or not (that's why I said I can't translate the script). How did you translate the script of mugen no frontier SRT OG Saga? Is it compressed?

Noitora

Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
ShinRyouma said:
Noitora said:
Noitora, forgive me, I'm still a newbie in rom hacking, I don't know if the script is compressed or not (that's why I said I can't translate the script). How did you translate the script of mugen no frontier SRT OG Saga? Is it compressed?
There's a major difference between Mugen no frontier and this one, the compression used in some of the files of endless frontier is LZ, which can be easily uncompressed using a handful of tools. But the developers used a custom compression which was very advanced, accoring to KiC if I remember correctly. In order to reverse engineer the compression scheme you'd have to have a good knowledge of ARM9 assembly and have some programming knowledge so you can write the program that will automate the uncompressing/compressing process.

tl;dr: You can't translate the script.

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
One question Noitora, do you know if is kinda the same with the older SRT? i mean, the W and the K both were really complex to translate, but the ones in ps2 or psx use a similar compression system?

Just wondering cause some of them are being translated by some teams so maybe we could get some tips from them if its similar.

Dont flame me for asking ^^

Noitora

Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Kira Yamato said:
One question Noitora, do you know if is kinda the same with the older SRT? i mean, the W and the K both were really complex to translate, but the ones in ps2 or psx use a similar compression system?

Just wondering cause some of them are being translated by some teams so maybe we could get some tips from them if its similar.

Dont flame me for asking ^^
Dunno about the rest of the games but K and W share a lot of things together.

ShinRyouma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Noitora,are you currently working on a project? I want to ask you, to translate PSP iso/cso require different tools, can you tell me where I can learn about iso/cso hacking and get some tools? It must be different from rom hacking, right?
I want to translate sd gundam g generation cross drive once i'm finish with K.

Cavedude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP iso/rips are extremely different then the DS rom hacking. But if i were you, PM me and i can give you a few sites that may help.

tom9927

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
any news loving this game i have to say its alot harder than taisen w chaper 25 is very hard still stuck on it i guess ill just keep replaying it and getting dog up

on a side note i sure a full trans on gamespot for the chapters i wonder if someone could use it and implanet the whole thing into the game
gbasp.gif

madpinger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
madpinger.com
XP
Country
United States
tom9927 said:
any news loving this game i have to say its alot harder than taisen w chaper 25 is very hard still stuck on it i guess ill just keep replaying it and getting dog up

on a side note i sure a full trans on gamespot for the chapters i wonder if someone could use it and implanet the whole thing into the game
gbasp.gif

Noitora said:
ShinRyouma said:
QUOTE(Noitora @ Jun 4 2009, 08:09 PM) Isn't the script compressed?
There's a major difference between Mugen no frontier and this one, the compression used in some of the files of endless frontier is LZ, which can be easily uncompressed using a handful of tools. But the developers used a custom compression which was very advanced, accoring to KiC if I remember correctly. In order to reverse engineer the compression scheme you'd have to have a good knowledge of ARM9 assembly and have some programming knowledge so you can write the program that will automate the uncompressing/compressing process.

tl;dr: You can't translate the script.

Like they said, Done been down this road my self ; ;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...