Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U - Final Video Presentation Coming Tuesday, Dec. 15

Super-Smash-Bros-3DS-Wii-U.jpg

It's finally time, the last ever Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS presentation will take place on the 15th December at 14:00 PT/22:00 GMT

Smash fans will be eagerly awaiting the release of Cloud Strife into the games, along with any other final additions Sakurai may have been hiding.

#FreeWolf

:arrow:Source
:arrow:Final Smash Nintendo Direct

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a list of characters I've seen with a fair amount of fans rooting for them: Isaac, Inklings, Ice Climbers, Wolf, K. Rool, Paper Mario, Bomberman, Ray Man, Bayonetta, Shovel Knight, Shantae, Banjo & Kazooie. I've even seen a little bit of love for Mike Jones of Star Tropics, and some people still want Geno, but the demand for him isn't as high as it was back in the pre-Brawl days, and with Square now giving Cloud, I kind of doubt another Square character is about to be announced, but then again, Capcom now has two fighters in the game, so its not impossible.

At the end of the day, I think any new fighters beyond Cloud to be announced will be characters from that list. And for the most part I'd love for any of those characters to make the cut.

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
No way Hank Hill would actually have more interesting moves than a furry or another sword boy. Propane into forward air.
He talks to you about propane and propane accessories, boring you to death, then when your down from boredom he has bobby come up and kick you in the balls screaming "Thats not Your purse"! "I don't know you"!

Reactions: Deleted User

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ITS BEEN A WILD WIDE MY BOYS!!! ITS TOOK A YEAR TO GET HERE. THE HYPE TRAIN IS STOPPING AT ITS FINALLY DESTINATION. THIS IS IT BOYS GET YOUR HYPE ON MY DUDE. GET YOUR BUTTS CLENCHED. GET YOUR BONERS READY. SHIT IS ABOUT TO GET REAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CTdo8ZBUsAAsV8l.jpg:large

Edit: Found my meme

Last edited by BurningDesire,

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My "most likely" list happens to match up exactly to the "characters I want" list, but here goes:

- Wolf. Veteran, more relevant than literally any other veteran and most newcomers that could be chosen, first-party, extreme fan demand, and being the most original 'clone' by far (including Luigi) all give him a pretty high likelihood.
- Pichu. Not even trying to joke here - it's not like Smash is in need of more Pokemon reps and all, and most fans pretty senselessly hate Pichu, but think about it: decent fan demand, first party, everyone loves Pichu (jk), room for being made less of a clone through (everyone's favorite/the forgotten) Ukelele Pichu's hilarious BS, and ease of development given a very lightweight low-necessity model and a simple moveset.

from this point on it's really just a list of 'why this character is deconfirmed', starting with the #3,
- Snake. Veteran, relevantish (not even really in MGSV, so...) very high fan demand, but third-party, Konami's being a major shit, and including him would cause a pretty noticable shift in the game's rating - something they removed the Tharja trophy just to avoid, lmao
- Squirtle or Ivysaur (though Ivysaur falls lower). Relevantish through ORAS (it released the same time as one of the Smash versions, but still), high fan demand (higher for Squirtle, obviously), first-party, but was deconfirmed around the time of Zard's release (both by common sense and by Nintendo, iirc) and are kinda on a thread if they haven't ALREADY been put in the game, tbh
- Icies, deconfirmed because the 3DS version exists (don't even start guys) - if they do add them to the game, it'd either be Wii U exclusive or drastically changed to the point of ridiculousness (and if the former case, they'd have to compensate 3DS players such as I somehow).
- characters like Shantae or Shovel Knight who haven't had Japanese releases, IIRC, and aren't made by major companies. This is especially important in Shovel Knight's case, as he spans a single game - Shantae has been around since the GBC, meanwhile, which gives her some time to build up a reputation. Either way, a little screwed.
- characters like Isaac or reps from far down in the bin of classic Nintendo titles that are just too nonrelevant or not popular enough tbh

note that i love and adore literally every named character on this list and i'd love for them all to be in the same smash game all at once as a big happy family but dammit guys

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I gotta say. Despite Smash 4 being probably one of the best installments in the Smash series, they really added some shitty DLC for it. There was room for new characters and they added all characters ( Besides Cloud ) from past games. ( Why add yet another swordsman into it when we have plenty... )
There was some pretty stupid rules alongside the DLC when it came to those who became eligible or not.
No 3rd parties from companies that already had a character? ( Sonic + Aiai, Mega Man + Dr.Wily. ) I hope these last few announcements don't disappoint me ...

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was room for new characters.

Except no, there sure as fuck wasn't gonna be until all the characters that were already deemed worthy to be in the game are _back in the game._

none of the third parties with a rep existing got a second rep because those second reps are usually either not popular enough or not deserving enough of a position in smash overall, i.e. just not being iconic enough - i literally have no idea who Aiai is off the top of my head, despite being able to say that for anyone else in the game, and at the moment a lot of people would prefer Eggman to Wily and Protoman or Bass to Wily anyway.
(plus there's just the fact that they're third party overall; all of the third parties already present got in for VERY specific reasons, such as Sonic, Pac Man and Megaman being absolute icons of their genres and classic gaming overall, Ryu literally defining fighting games and Cloud being part of the FF series as a whole, a series that generally defined RPGs alongside Pokemon)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Literally 300 lbs. lolol