Hacking SW64 on Wii - Injected S&P VC Channel

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
i'll be looking into changing channel gfx..but i read somewhere that marcan had tried it (i think this was what he was trying) and nearly bricked it..but when i get home from uni i'll take a look

whatsa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is strange, I have common-key.bin in the same directory, and it still can't be found. I'm in the same boat as those guys above.

Can anyone help?

tredes

Trophies
XP
Country
iv gotton smash bros 64 fully working on my wii with no problems..its great!!

just cant wait for golden eye, just like everybody else!!

good work!

sigma.nl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've tried to inject chrono trigger (only to test if I can inject a rom by myself) but the result is an title.wad with the size of 4K
i'm using these tools (Kike v0.4 (also tried v0.1) , wadtool 1.0, bfgr wadtools v039a) I tried an other wadpacker (blaze) but it doesn't work for me.
can someone point me in the right directions, or confirm these versions work.
My main goal is to inject my all time favorite kart game Super Mario Kart (SNES) but first want to try chrono because that one is confirmed to work, mario kart has the compatibility
as i can see in the VCInjections Compatiblity List

thnx
Grtz

retroguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK, I tried it a dozen times or more, and I can't seem to get it right. I follow the tut on page 6, with the latest injectuwad (see separate topic). I use the common-key (renamed to common-key.bin) from Wad-Packer.0.1.REPACK.Wii-BlaZe, Kike wadpacker v0.00007, the SNES rom Super Ghost 'n Ghols (amongst others) and the wad of DK country 2 (SNES). When I start injectuwad everything seems to go right, and it produces a title.wad (and a VC title.wad), but they are always only 6KB!!!! That is way too small. What am I doing wrong?

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you that are getting small wad files, do you guys have .app files larger than 1meg or so after the tool runs?

jespertje

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
creffca: when I have all my files ready (sin and punis... and my super smash bros rom) and I have even unpacked them in app. files I go to the command promp and do what you say in your guide, but everytime I try it just doesn't do anything... here's a picture:

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jespertje, that is an old version. Download the tool again at www.geocities.com/creffca/Injectuwad.zip The new usage is injectuwad

sigma.nl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
when I try to Inject the rom I got this error: cannot open common-key: No such file or directory
can I ignore that error? or do I need an extra file.

sigma.nl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey aaa2,

I've some new results
tongue.gif
:
I've got a big wad file "yeah", seems I needed the kike Wadpacker 0.7 and and renamed the common-key from blaze
to common-key.bin (tried thit before (with other version of the wadpacker and that didn`t work .. then.. but now)
Tools I used:

wadtool v1.0
bfgr_wadtools_v039a
Wadpacker 0007 (Kike)
Injectuwad (latest version (with the turbo Gfx 16 option)
Common-key.bin (rename the common-key from blaze)
Donkey Kong Country 2 Wad (PAL)
Chrono Trigger Rom

the output is a VC-chrono.smc.wad (22 MB file)

I cannot test this wad because I'm Working right now uuhhm.... (It's very quiet on my work right know :-) hehe )
maybe you can test it, if you got the time.

Grtz
Sigma

sigma.nl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
aaa2,

for file names I used chrono.smc and title.wad, don't know (didn`t test it) if you can use other file names, but these names worked for me.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I used the wadpacker 00007 from kike

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i think i might need to try making lava cakes for the 4th of july fr