• Likes 32

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
i thought about it, but which part exactly? the installation part or customization part
If possible would it be possible for the kip to load an ini file for overclocks that Ultraoverlay can edit?
I totally understand if you need to restart after an edit of course.

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
MTC is memory training. previously i used Micron documentation values, but changed to Nvidia values, which HOS and l4t uses. not much change
Thanks.In practice does it bring any new frequency or timing stability or same as the previous version?Also would I need to replace the previously configured kip for this update or can I keep the 1.7.0 one?

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
If possible would it be possible for the kip to load an ini file for overclocks that Ultraoverlay can edit?
yeah true. i didn't do it yet because it was not my highest priority. still struggling to do proper mtc table scaling.
maybe in the future i will implement as ini customization
Post automatically merged:

Thanks.In practice does it bring any new frequency or timing stability or same as the previous version?Also would I need to replace the previously configured kip for this update or can I keep the 1.7.0 one?
stability should be slightly increased because of added delays and loosened latencies.
you will need to redo timing customization

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Why use ultrahand when simplemod manager can do the same for about 2 years?

ItsYeBoi2016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@meha why does my switch CPU clock keep switching between 1785 MHz and 1020 MHz, even though, I have it disabled in the tesla menu? Its in handheld mode, and the clock changes multiple times a minute/second.. Also, I have not configured anything, every option is set to "do not override". I might need to uninstall the oc-suite, as I dont know if this is healthy for the CPU.. Thanks for any help :)

Attachments

• log[2].txt
    157.6 KB · Views: 25

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm trying to configure out switch-suite-oc on my Mariko, but I always end with "Fatal error Could not connect to sys-clk."
sysclkIpcSetProfiles [0x584] 0388-0002, all my files are up-to-date 1.8.0, using Atmosphère 1.5.4, ini file in hekate is correctly pointing to loader.kip, and generated a fresh loader.kip from the online configurator. I'm out of ideas...

It was my old Erista config.ini...
BTW I lost the bin lottery, my Mariko can't handle 2400 in RAM, only 2131 (default voltage) :(

Last edited by cucholix,

AlicatFit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
yeah true. i didn't do it yet because it was not my highest priority. still struggling to do proper mtc table scaling.
maybe in the future i will implement as ini customization
Post automatically merged:

stability should be slightly increased because of added delays and loosened latencies.
you will need to redo timing customization
My latency decrement variable used to be 3 on the previous version,now I see
I'm trying to configure out switch-suite-oc on my Mariko, but I always end with "Fatal error Could not connect to sys-clk."
sysclkIpcSetProfiles [0x584] 0388-0002, all my files are up-to-date 1.8.0, using Atmosphère 1.5.4, ini file in hekate is correctly pointing to loader.kip, and generated a fresh loader.kip from the online configurator. I'm out of ideas...

It was my old Erista config.ini...
BTW I lost the bin lottery, my Mariko can't handle 2400 in RAM, only 2131 (default voltage) :(
Not recommended but you could experiment with changing the timing variables and voltage and that might make yours handle 2400

Azuuuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
@meha why does my switch CPU clock keep switching between 1785 MHz and 1020 MHz, even though, I have it disabled in the tesla menu? Its in handheld mode, and the clock changes multiple times a minute/second.. Also, I have not configured anything, every option is set to "do not override". I might need to uninstall the oc-suite, as I dont know if this is healthy for the CPU.. Thanks for any help :)
If the frequency reaches 1785Hz only during loading, then it's normal. This is within the official permissible limit

Disastrous-Lie9926

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello im new to this and im trying to overclock my mem to 1996mhz. I do have the option but every time I set it there when I checked my status monitor it only stayed in 1600mhz regardless of value i checked. I'm quite confused for details I have nintendo switch oled in 16.0.3 with atmosphere 1.5.3 modded with picofly.

Medel87

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hello im new to this and im trying to overclock my mem to 1996mhz. I do have the option but every time I set it there when I checked my status monitor it only stayed in 1600mhz regardless of value i checked. I'm quite confused for details I have nintendo switch oled in 16.0.3 with atmosphere 1.5.3 modded with picofly.
Follow the instructions step by step, you need to add a line to the hekate configuration, that problem usually occurs because you don't do that step

Disastrous-Lie9926

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow the instructions step by step, you need to add a line to the hekate configuration, that problem usually occurs because you don't do that step
I did add the hekate configuration however when I did it only boot my switch with blackscreen :(

this is what inside right now since I deleted the line since im having black screen after boot.

[config]
autoboot=1
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
noticker=0
autohosoff=2
autonogc=0
updater2p=1
bootprotect=0

[JV Mode - EMUMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/emummc.bmp
{}

[Legit Mode SYSNAND]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/stock_boot.bmp
{}

{--- Custom Firmware ---}
[!! JV Mode - SYSNAND - EXPERTS ONLY]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sysnand.bmp
{}

ItsYeBoi2016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If the frequency reaches 1785Hz only during loading, then it's normal. This is within the official permissible limit
The thing is, it also fluctuates while asleep, which is why I'm concerned. I don't know what's happening to cause my switch to boost in sleep mode..

ReveriePass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by ReveriePass,

kac

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
A problem I've noticed with this is that it doesn't set any charge current limits like stock HOS when docked, which causes the battery to get significantly hotter than it should by default. This speeds up battery degradation.

Another is that RetroArch (homebrew) has its own option to set CPU clocks that doesn't work with OC suite but does under HOS. Wouldn't it be good to implement homebrew being able to override OC suite?

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
A problem I've noticed with this is that it doesn't set any charge current limits like stock HOS when docked, which causes the battery to get significantly hotter than it should by default. This speeds up battery degradation.

Another is that RetroArch (homebrew) has its own option to set CPU clocks that doesn't work with OC suite but does under HOS. Wouldn't it be good to implement homebrew being able to override OC suite?
1. yeah i know about battery/charging issues in OCS. i tried to fix, but it needed a lot of rework because have to completely remove charging related code, so i didn't touch. maybe in future

2. i never used retroarch. so OCS completely breaks it?

kac

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
1. yeah i know about battery/charging issues in OCS. i tried to fix, but it needed a lot of rework because have to completely remove charging related code, so i didn't touch. maybe in future

2. i never used retroarch. so OCS completely breaks it?
It doesn't break it, RetroArch just has an option to set CPU clock speeds and it is unable to if OCS is being used. You can set CPU manually using OCS but it'd be nice if it honored requests from other homebrew to change clocks.

Using RetroArch as an applet homebrew, you can't make an OCS profile for it, it will inherit the profile of any app ID that is overridden by atmosphere.

It'd also be nice if OCS didn't load app ID profiles if the app is overridden by homebrew, if that's possible.

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
It doesn't break it, RetroArch just has an option to set CPU clock speeds and it is unable to if OCS is being used. You can set CPU manually using OCS but it'd be nice if it honored requests from other homebrew to change clocks.

Using RetroArch as an applet homebrew, you can't make an OCS profile for it, it will inherit the profile of any app ID that is overridden by atmosphere.

It'd also be nice if OCS didn't load app ID profiles if the app is overridden by homebrew, if that's possible.
that is how sys-clk works. i can't do anything about override. why not make a forwarder

well i will check retroarch when i am free, but since nature of OCS is patching HOS to use normally unavailable clocks, i don't think it will be simple.
again, making a forwarder seems recommendable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious