Hardware Switch v1 having problems waking from sleep mode lately

Turbo_Interceptor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the past 3-4 weeks, I'm been having this weird problem with my v1 (16.0.3) Switch. It's a fairly plain setup, using Atmosphere 1.5.4 and no overlays or overclocking of any kind and it stays docked 99% of the time.

What's happening is I'll play on it for a few hours then put it to sleep and turn off the TV/receiver and go to bed. The next day comes around, I'll hit the HOME button on the controller (like I've done for years) to wake it up but it never comes out of sleep mode.

I'll remove it from the dock and tap the power button on the top of the Switch and nothing. Sometimes I can wake it up by pushing random buttons on the joy-cons or sliding the joy-cons out/back in and then it will wake up and I can re-dock it and I'm off to the races. SOMETIMES, when I wake it up by doing all that and toss it back in the dock, it instantly goes back to sleep and I have to remove it from the dock for a 2nd time and fiddle with all the buttons and THEN I'm good to go for re-docking it. Other times, when it refuses to wake, I have to hold the power button down for 30 seconds so I can force the Switch to reboot and then I'll get out my RCM/jig gear and boot back into Atmosphere and I can play games again.

I'm starting to think all these problems came about when I updated to Atmosphere 1.5.4 but I'm not 100% sure. I believe Atmosphere 1.5.3 supports both versions of 16.0.3 so I think I'm going to roll back to 1.5.3. I checked Github and didn't see anyone post issues regarding coming out of sleep.

Anyone else having this problem?

Ogacux

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been having the same issue recently. I'm on 16.0.2 with atmosphere 1.5.2. The strangest part is that I haven't updated anything in well over a month, but it just recently started happening in the last couple of weeks.

I've found a few threads about similar issues, and one of them suggested that Airplane Mode is temporary fix. It's currently working for me but I haven't tested long enough to know for sure.

One other thing worth mentioning is that the most recent things I added to the setup were MissionControl and FPSLocker and sys-clk for TOTK RAM overclocking. Though even that was working fine for a long time before I started to experience the sleep issue.

Turbo_Interceptor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having the same issue recently. I'm on 16.0.2 with atmosphere 1.5.2. The strangest part is that I haven't updated anything in well over a month, but it just recently started happening in the last couple of weeks.

I've found a few threads about similar issues, and one of them suggested that Airplane Mode is temporary fix. It's currently working for me but I haven't tested long enough to know for sure.

One other thing worth mentioning is that the most recent things I added to the setup were MissionControl and FPSLocker and sys-clk for TOTK RAM overclocking. Though even that was working fine for a long time before I started to experience the sleep issue.

In my OP, I said I was going to roll back to v1.5.3 of Atmosphere. Actually, looks like I was on 1.5.2 and skipped 1.5.3 all together BUT..... even after I installed v1.5.3, I still had weird problems waking from sleep.

I'm not using any of the add-ons you mentioned (heck, no add-ons whatsoever). I did a clean install of Atmosphere (again) and I'll keep an eye on it. Wonder if our Switches are just slowly breaking down?! I know that the Wii U had nand problems as time went on.

Something else that's weird. If I remove my Switch from the dock and leave it plugged into an external USB-C plug (to keep it juiced up around the clock), I don't have any problems..... it always wakes from sleep mode. I left my un-hacked Switch in the dock and never had problems so I know my dock is OK.

No stinking clue. :(

Ogacux

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually experienced the same thing you mentioned where it says alive while sleeping if un-docked but plugged in and charging. Last night I did this and when I woke up, I was able to awaken my switch.

For what it's worth, I turned Airplane mode on a few hours ago and it's still working (which is a massive improvement). I read somewhere that there's an issue related to WLAN, so maybe that's why Airplane Mode is working as a temporary fix.

Turbo_Interceptor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually experienced the same thing you mentioned where it says alive while sleeping if un-docked but plugged in and charging. Last night I did this and when I woke up, I was able to awaken my switch.

For what it's worth, I turned Airplane mode on a few hours ago and it's still working (which is a massive improvement). I read somewhere that there's an issue related to WLAN, so maybe that's why Airplane Mode is working as a temporary fix.

I stuck the Switch in airplane mode for a few days and didn't have any problems waking it up every time I tried! I removed it from airplane mode and so far so good. Weird but if this solves it, fine by me.

lipanz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
same for me. but regardless i turned on airplane mode or off, still happening. switch wont wake up. i need to hard reset everytime i want to turn on my switch.

Ogacux

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've found the true fix and it's not actually airplane mode, but instead System Settings -> Sleep Mode -> Maintain Internet Connection in Sleep Mode. Make sure this is OFF

After going through the trouble of replacing my thermal paste to no avail, I stumbled on this setting and my switch hasn't locked up in sleep mode for 2 weeks!

Reactions: creeve4

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've found the true fix and it's not actually airplane mode, but instead System Settings -> Sleep Mode -> Maintain Internet Connection in Sleep Mode. Make sure this is OFF

After going through the trouble of replacing my thermal paste to no avail, I stumbled on this setting and my switch hasn't locked up in sleep mode for 2 weeks!
hmm can you post screen from hekate sd card info or photo? When i think about it i expirance somthing like this at least two times when i have bad sd card reader

Vigintiduo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Done my new OLED Switch with kamikaze method just now.
Everything seems to be working fine but the console feels a bit slow to come out from sleep mode (and also when showing the Switch logo).
Can this be related to picofly?

EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread

Last edited by Vigintiduo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?