Hacking system menu brick

Yyhhggtt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my friend says his Wii don't boot up anymore, when it boots with no SD, the disc drive is flashing and displays no picture. With a SD, it goes to BootMii and repeats over and over again. Back a while ago I gladly installed priiloader for just this case. I can go to HBC but have no idea how to revert the brick. I did not make a NAND backup. (or i did but lost the files) I also do not want to lose priiloader because what if the system menu is still bricked, then i'm fucked.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This does not seem too hard to fix, especially if it is what I think it is.

First of all, before you do change anything, load up BootMii, and make a NAND backup of the Wii anyway. And then save the NAND backup to a safe place somewhere.

Then, after than, try to load the System Menu, but instead hold own the Reset button as you do.
You should now be in Priiloader menu, now go to Settings.
Now check on the "Autoboot" setting, and make sure it is set to "System Menu" (my guess is that you have it set to "BootMii IOS")
After changing that, Save settings.
And then try to load up the System Menu again. If it works, go back into BootMii, and make another NAND backup, in case you need it in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh