Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This blog was inspired by some of the stuff I've read in the "SolatoRobo: Red the Hunter" release thread, but that thread was just "the straw that broke the camel's back", as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sorry if I offend any of you guys, I really am. This little rant is not targeted at any specific person, even if it might seem like it. In fact, very few are actually the cause of this rant, but I can't take this crap anymore because they are disrupting the whole community and I really used to love GBAtemp. But now, not so much.....

For starters, Tom & Jerry aren't "furries", they are just cartoon animal characters, just like Bugs Bunny and such. Know the freaking difference!

A "furry" by common definition is a human who likes to dress up as an animal and become aroused while in that guise, or likes to look at....I don't know.....furry-based pron, or some shit like that. To a hardcore "furry", it's an erotic thing. But not always......it's hard to define because different levels of people who consider themselves "furries" all have a different opinions of what the term "furry" means. Just go to http://www.urbandictionary.com/ and look up "furry" for a whole range of definitions. In my opinion, it is a sub-culture of sick and twisted people who need to shut the hell up about their aberrant behavior in mixed company. Normally, I wouldn't actively attack people for their personal preferences, that's their business. It's just that I would rather not hear about it or have it thrown in my face all the damn time here on a video game forum. That's all I'm saying.

Just like I don't want some bible-thumping zealot preaching at me, I am tired of hearing about "furries". I am a normal hetero-sexual male who prefers normal women, not sluts, not prudes, not guys, not women dressed as animals, normal women. But other than this particular post, have I ever shoved that fact in anyone's face? NO! Maybe I've alluded to the fact that I'm hetero a few times, but I don't try to make people uncomfortable with it, especially when I KNOW they think differently. I just want the same respect as I normally give other people. And I KNOW there are many other members of this forum who feel and act the same as I do.

Regardless of my actual feelings, I try to blend in with the crowd. But there are some things that are better kept to one's self. The "furry" sub-culture is one such thing in my opinion, which unless I'm mistaken, is something I'm still entitled to have. Do I constantly flaunt my hetero-sexuality in your face? No, I don't. So quit flaunting your abnormal personal views on the rest of this community, especially when you KNOW it disturbs many of us. That's all I'm asking.

Personally, I'll just consider a game like "SolatoRobo: Red the Hunter" another one of those Nintendo games that likes to have cutesy talking animals in it, NOT some aberrant sub-culture-based "furry" thing. To be honest, that kind of talk makes me like the game even less than I already do because of the cutesy talking animals without being twisted into what you guys call "furries".

You know, I try to be tolerant, I really do, but some of you people are just pushing things too far. GBAtemp used to be a really great place to hang-out and talk about games, but over the last few years this place has become flooded with people who insist on making normal people uncomfortable with their aberrant, and frankly, somewhat disgusting views. It's time for that to stop.

Now, I know this post will be considered flamebait, I'm not stupid, and I know one of the mods are likely to lock it at some point, but I think it is something that really needed to be said. Just shut the hell up about behavior that the majority of the people in the world don't consider normal. And if you really have to ask, "What is normal?", then you are just the sort of person I'm ranting about. "Normal" is what most of us here are, and some of you are not. You know damn well that you are disturbing many people in this community with your abnormal views, yet you continue to talk about your aberrant behavior as if everyone is supposed to just accept it. Keep that shit to yourself, mmkay? We normal people don't' want to hear about it anymore. Just because we "normals" don't constantly bitch about it, doesn't mean we don't feel this way about it.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Usually, I don't find myself sitting there and appreciating such a rant, but the Solatrobo release thread is fucking terrible and absolutely littered with people who have absolutely no clue of what they are talking about. I only read about one page and just decided to leave thinking "well, the game is out, I guess I'll play it and try to ignore the false assumptions of what has been said."

I also despise when people try to force their ideas of a furry onto another, or try to push the fact that they are a furry on to you. It's kind of up there with littering one's signature and avatar with what is on the brink of hentai. We get it, you love naked animated girls. Doesn't mean everybody does, and not everybody should be forced to look at it. I don't personally care much in that respect, but that doesn't mean other people don't. The principle applies to furries too, though I haven't personally seen anybody really offending with their pictures (though at least one or two users do come to mind who are kind of on the edge).

Sexual preferences are fine, just don't try to shove them down my throat. Kinda like religion. If I wanted to hear about it, I would ask you.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People can't be satisfied these days. By anything. Not even a DS game that may just be pretty good while many others these days are just bad (Since the arrival of the 3DS).

A bunch of tempers just throw a label on anything they're against without even using their head. It happens around the temp (And world, actually) way too often.
I think it's pretty hilarious that someone would call Tom and Jerry furries. Especially since they were actually animals, not people dressed like animals, acting like animals, or fantasizing about doing things with animals.

The temp is getting worse and worse by the day. It has many people who will repeatedly try and force their opinion, belief or sexuality in your face until you get their point whether you like it or not. Unfortunately, good people end up being the ones who disappear, which is why it's just getting worse :/

I'm not around as often as I used to be, but I wish you the best, Rayder. Take care.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rayder, I totally agree with your point of view, even though I'm not a really old temper, but the fact is that you're just plain right. The 'temp is getting more and more flooded with these kind of discussions, let alone the massive amount of rising trolls and flamers. Discussions are going downhill and a lot of people only sign up, looking for ROM releases or patches, like the recent pokemon flood. Why is it that people just can't tolerate eachother, the example of Furry you have given is a good one. You shouldn't flame one for having preferences. It's who they are, and one has no right the put criticism on that. By doing so, they just feel better by making others feel worse. But that's what trolls just do. Ignore them. I only hope the temp will lighten up again, to the good old days (I've been reading old threads, people were more helpfull back in the days).

pistone

Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
so let me gues this right
you are flaming about the flamers that flame for something that for you is not normal?
what do you want to do bann then because you dont like them or delete their comment .......
i mean you are a staff member you see thing like this every day and you should have a kind of immunity now
also gbatemp is going down hill ..yes thats whats hapen when a site becomes very popular you cant expect all the users to be pro ...........remember before you was a pro you was a noob and telling them to go out its not helping but instead a nice comment saying dont do this or read the rules ........yeah that helps
also for going to filetrip you dont need to register so users registering for roms (which gbatemp tells only the file names not the roms itself) and for downloading patches ........does not seams right

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
master00d said:
so let me gues this right
you are flaming about the flamers that flame for something that for you is not normal?
what do you want to do bann then because you dont like them or delete their comment .......
i mean you are a staff member you see thing like this every day and you should have a kind of immunity now
also gbatemp is going down hill ..yes thats whats hapen when a site becomes very popular you cant expect all the users to be pro ...........remember before you was a pro you was a noob and telling them to go out its not helping but instead a nice comment saying dont do this or read the rules ........yeah that helps
also for going to filetrip you dont need to register so users registering for roms (which gbatemp tells only the file names not the roms itself) and for downloading patches ........does not seams right
You are now exactly flaming. He's no staff member, and he's making the point that the community is going downhill indeed, but instead of what you are saying here about being new, Rayder wants to make a point about pointless discussions where people try to insult eachother and force their opinion's on one another. Why should he be immune for that. Ur statement isn't helping.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I completely agree with you about the people who shove their sexuality into other's faces. Another example of this I find is gay people (Mainly men). I have no hate for gay people, in fact, I've had a few gay friends in the past and we've gotten along fine. But when you start talking about gay sex and about men you like and all that, I just don't go for it. Much like I would respect a gay person and not push my straightness in their face, I feel they should reciprocate those same values to me out of respect. Now obviously there are a lot of straight and gay people who flaunt their sexuality in real life, but here on GBAtemp those kinds of discussions should be kept to a minimum or not at all. I think almost every person is tolerant of others to some degree, but even I can understand how someone like Rayder or others would be a bit disturbed with people of different sexuality flaunting that in discussions it doesn't belong in.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God, this whole thread. I just couldn't agree more. There is nothing more annoying/flat out creepy than a furry who uses their 'fursona' at every chance they get.

D

Deleted_171835

I completely agree with you.
It irritates me when I see people flaunting the fact that they're a furry, homosexual, transsexual or whatever other thing. I'm fine with who you are as long as you don't constantly rub it in people's faces.

To be quite frank, the furry culture is only normal to other furries, but to others it's abnormal and almost at the brink of bestiality. By all means, feel free to have your own ideas, just don't flaunt it around assuming everybody else will agree with you.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all, I don't pay mind to people like that really. I actually like the cutesy talking animals as, well, I like cute things, and I don't mind them being animals really.

So yes, I complete agree with you.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Linkiboy said:
God, this whole thread. I just couldn't agree more. There is nothing more annoying/flat out creepy than a furry who uses their 'fursona' at every chance they get.

I can't agree more with this and this thread and everything. It's just too much I came here for a (what was more of a) nifty community and video games, and now it just seems that there are all sorts of beliefs/views that I may not agree with yet respect are pretty much being forced upon myself all over the place.

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I didnt even realize this was a problem till I really thought about its.some of the gay Tempers seem to like to do this too-I remember a thread about gay marriage was floating around a few days ago. Some chaps were against the idea of gay marriage and of course those few chaps came under fire for it-it seems that alot of folks are just being Intolerant to people who dont share the same views. If someone doesnt like the same subject than you it doesnt make them anyless of a person(unless they become bigots, thats a different story)

Don't leave man-Ive seen you around a few times, you're alright.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am just going to say, that my posts on the SolatoRobo: Red the Hunter were intended to be a joke.
Still I am not a fan of weirdos who dress up in animal customs, but personally I really don't care what people since it's their life and not mine. I have my own shit to worry about.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nugundam0079 said:
I didnt even realize this was a problem till I really thought about its.some of the gay Tempers seem to like to do this too-I remember a thread about gay marriage was floating around a few days ago. Some chaps were against the idea of gay marriage and of course those few chaps came under fire for it-it seems that alot of folks are just being Intolerant to people who dont share the same views. If someone doesnt like the same subject than you it doesnt make them anyless of a person(unless they become bigots, thats a different story)

Well, every one has different views on the subject. It can happen the other way too.

lex luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nugundam0079 said:

I was one of the chaps that went under-fire. It really surprised me to see a supervisor (the female one) to fire at me too when I was just pointing an opinion I didn't insult anyone, I was trying to participate freely in the thread.

I couldn't agreed more with the OP - BRAVO BRAVO!

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
GBAtemp dying everyday said:
Sorry, but you were the only one in the wrong that day. Let's see, you were flipping out on people, including Costello, asking people if they wanted to see beheading pictures of kittens, etc...

On-Topic: I don't like the whole furry thing, but it makes it worse when furries go around making a point that they're furries. Like putting it in their custom member title, or have an avatar or sig as their "fursona." And then when they post and talk like a furry, for example, Rydian. He always makes his post sound like he's a wolf or whatever his fursona is. And it's quite annoying IMO.

D

Deleted User

There's not much left for me to add. I don't really care about anybody's sexual or religious preferences, but I do agree that the constant 'in your face' attitude of some persons (not particularly limited to this site/the web) is something that bothers me to an extent. As long as someone is polite and friendly, I wont be the one to send them away, regardless of what they like or not. It's ignorant people I can't stand.

On the topic of GBAtemp going downwards, I can only say that the flames and general aggressiveness seem to be rising in the last couple years, but this may well be because we have a larger user base now than back in the days. I don't mind people who are new to the whole GBA/NDS/Wii stuff and ask questions that seem dumb to some of the more experienced tempers. What bothers me is that some people don't take their time to properly read the stuff written in the various threads and continuously keep asking 'dumb' questions or make harsh remarks while not knowing anything. I understand that everyone can have a bad day and in my opinion everyone has the right to have a short temper (no pun intended) sometimes, but, if you were wrong, please don't be embarrassed to apologise once in a while. Another thing that bothers me is the number of pointless (e.g. one word or image-only posts) that don't add anything to the discussion going on (yes, I actually report a lot of those if they're outside of blogs or the EoF), but reading and understanding the forum rules has and always will be a problem for any forum.

I can't understand the association of Solatorobo with 'furries' either, it's a fable for all I know and those have been around longer than any of us, or any videogame for that matter.

While I'm not posting that often, I'm almost always lurking in the shadows and there are some tempers that I have high regards for and it always makes me sad to see some of them leave--yes, you're one of them, Rayder.

tl;dr I agree with your rant and it's sad to see you go.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
People...

1. Calm Down.

2. Ban any shitty troll which may be around here.

3. This is a internet webpage, it's as cold as a freezer. The older tempers should know this better than anyone. (I don't mean staff, but older people around)

4. Grant god powers to any mod to erase shitty comments on any topic deserving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, [insert wut here] +1