The Aroma Problem: Autoboot

ComicallyCartoony

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, hello, from the error guy again. Im sorry if im getting annoying, Im working on my new Wii U and stuff.

Anyways, I want to switch to Tiramisu now. (I have it installed) I have tried aroma and I dont like how most homebrew apps are not supported, heck I can even mod my vWii. I am trying to get into the enviorment loader, but it sayd dont run it twice and I have to restart it. I also have a seperate issue i'll address later in another post. For now, lets focus on this.
Post automatically merged:

NOTE: Sorry if I was'nt able to add any tags to this, Im in a hurry.

ComicallyCartoony

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What homebrew apps are you trying to use? Also, yes, you can mod your vWii, just use this version of compat-installer https://github.com/Xpl0itU/vwii-compat-installer/releases/download/v1.2/compat_installer.rpx
Give me a second while I check my browsing history on my Modding PC. Ill let you know what I was looking at.

What homebrew apps are you trying to use? Also, yes, you can mod your vWii, just use this version of compat-installer https://github.com/Xpl0itU/vwii-compat-installer/releases/download/v1.2/compat_installer.rpx
Actually, it was mainly vWii stuff. you have helped. Thanks. :D

I have a little update, I inset the sd card with the file into the plugins folder, but it is not showing up on my home menu. Do you know where i put it?

Last edited by ComicallyCartoony,

Xpl0itU

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Give me a second while I check my browsing history on my Modding PC. Ill let you know what I was looking at.

Actually, it was mainly vWii stuff. you have helped. Thanks. :D

I have a little update, I inset the sd card with the file into the plugins folder, but it is not showing up on my home menu. Do you know where i put it?
You don’t put it in the plugins folder, you put it in wiiu/apps

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Also, you can have both Aroma and Tiramisu installed on same SD and even if autobooting into either, just pressing X while powering on lets you choose between environments. I have myself disabled the autoboot so I can choose between Aroma and Tiramisu each boot.

//EDIT Even if Aroma is in beta and still gaining traction, I'd say its the way forward on WiiU due plugins and better memory architecture compared to older solutions. Tirramisu at the moment is nice to have for backwards compatibility, but I can do almost everything I need on Aroma already.

ComicallyCartoony

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don’t put it in the plugins folder, you put it in wiiu/apps
Thanks, ill move it and try again.

Also, you can have both Aroma and Tiramisu installed on same SD and even if autobooting into either, just pressing X while powering on lets you choose between environments. I have myself disabled the autoboot so I can choose between Aroma and Tiramisu each boot.

//EDIT Even if Aroma is in beta and still gaining traction, I'd say its the way forward on WiiU due plugins and better memory architecture compared to older solutions. Tirramisu at the moment is nice to have for backwards compatibility, but I can do almost everything I need on Aroma already.
Thanks for letting me know! I might do this when I need to.

Reactions: lwiz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...