• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The situation in Ukraine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because this isn't. Our. Problem. It never was a problem until a bunch of assholes decided it was a problem. Fuck NATO for all I care. We shouldn't get involved in made up wars because of a bunch of dickless morons who want us to. NATO or the UN or whatever isn't some world government we all have to abide by. And while treaties should be respected, it doesn't mean get involved in a made up problem because we say so. But since you say we should be involved because of NATO I have no doubt that you'll glady volunteer your services to solve this problem as a soldier.
so you are saying that the US needs to Break Decades old Treaties with about 1/3 of the Countries in World and allow a Another Global Superpower Forcefully (key word "FORCEFULLY") get more power unposed ?

Citizen_404

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because this isn't. Our. Problem. It never was a problem until a bunch of assholes decided it was a problem. Fuck NATO for all I care. We shouldn't get involved in made up wars because of a bunch of dickless morons who want us to. NATO or the UN or whatever isn't some world government we all have to abide by. And while treaties should be respected, it doesn't mean get involved in a made up problem because we say so. But since you say we should be involved because of NATO I have no doubt that you'll glady volunteer your services to solve this problem as a soldier.
It wasn't a problem before, because Trump was sucking Putin's dick so hard, and giving Big Putie everything he wanted, why did Putin need to invade? But now that there is actual leadership opposing Putin, he feels compelled to do something before his window of opportunity closes.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you are saying that the US needs to Break Decades old Treaties with about 1/3 of the Countries in World and allow a Another Global Superpower Forcefully (key word "FORCEFULLY") get more power unposed ?
Based on what? Lies of "RUSSIANS INVADERS UKRAINE" Yeah, no, we're done here since this is just going in circles. Have fun sucking the media's and Biden's saggy dick.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't a problem before, because Trump was sucking Putin's dick so hard, and giving Big Putie everything he wanted, why did Putin need to invade? But now that there is actual leadership opposing Putin, he feels compelled to do something before his window of opportunity closes.
Sounds like to me you're the one drinking kool aid and sucking dicks. Hey that's cool, you do you.
"Actual leadership." pffffffffffffffffft hahahahahaha XD That's a good one I'll have to remember that one.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on what? Lies of "RUSSIANS INVADERS UKRAINE" Yeah, no, we're done here since this is just going in circles. Have fun sucking the media's and Biden's saggy dick.
cool story from someone not familiar with world politics.
( does not know how Treaties work, or what NATO is)

tomberyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think there will be a war because war is out of fashion in Europe. Why? Because it makes more money to enslave a jammer than to kill him. Of course, this circumstance cannot last forever. No matter who reacts first, the one with the most power always rules. This power balance is what triggers a volcanic eruption, not an explosion.

Death is always the first to benefit from a war, then only a few people come who have benefited but cannot sleep for the rest of their lives, if they should have a conscience.

A war would not come because the enemy is too small and it would not be wise to destroy it. War has never made roses grow, but some do or start one anyway.

If I don't like someone, I burn their house and he burns my car out of anger and the whole thing repeats itself ad infinitum.

A person who acts like this is certainly not the smartest but is unfortunately forced to do so because the majority have too much testosterone in them.

tomberyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Corruption exists in every poor country, even rich countries.

But what are the innocent people and children doing surrounded by corruption, are they also corrupt or is that just the image of the country. Corruption is always at the top, later the people are infected and in the end everyone is corrupt. The question here is are you corrupt because you want to be corrupt or do you do it to support your family? Neither method is correct, the evil always sits at the top and controls everything with a smile.

The smartest people who treated the people as if they were brother and sister are never to be found in government, and if they are, they only stay for a short time.

Some important brain cells stop working when you have too much power.

Szabon

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
The whole "war is imminent" narrative is so familiar. I don't see any probable outcome where Putin actually invades. He's playing chess (maybe Kasparov is advising him).

This is an interesting perspective
A word of advice: do not mix news report with opinion columns on newspapers (which for instance is the case of what you shared here). Those are two completely different things and someone not paying attention enough may think that those opinions are from journalists. Anyone invited for that purpose, scholars, politicians, anyone who can write good enough about certain topic, can have their opinion on a newspaper.
As far as reports go they have been telling the public whatever politicians say and not like you suggested "building the narrative". ;)
Cheers.

tomberyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What would happen if...

All soldiers would suddenly stop fighting in battle and respect and harmonize with their enemies?

Would it make sense if more than a million soldiers found a fraternal/peaceful solution than just one human at the top?

Would it make sense to compromise to live peacefully?

And what about love neighbor, what the Bible and other books show, why isn't that followed?

And why do we all (Volk)have a better solution than one in the power Chair?

Who is really our enemy? Media? Internet? or the President? or are we too stupid to see that?

Why isn't a dialogue enough to solve problems?

Why are you forced to do something you don't want to do?

What does freedom actually mean and does everyone get it?

These questions (above) are just small signposts why Human has no power to answer them... No Answer means War...

Velorian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no need for the US to get involved when we can't even take care of our own citizens. Whenever the media bangs the wardrums it's for 2 reasons 1) a huge chunk of wealthy people make money off conflict 2)distraction from both media and politicians not doing anything to financially improve the average persons life.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Based on what? Lies of "RUSSIANS INVADERS UKRAINE" Yeah, no, we're done here since this is just going in circles.
Do you have the memory of a goldfish? Russia already invaded Ukraine to annex Crimea. Putin got away with that scot-free, so of course he has no hangups about invading the rest of the country now.

On that note, it seems Vlad is dropping the whole NATO excuse now and moving on to bigger lies, such as claiming there's an invisible genocide happening in the areas of Ukraine that he just so happens to want to invade.

The US is not going to get involved directly with a war against Russia, best we can do is send Ukraine weapons. Nor should we need to get involved directly for people to empathize with the peaceful citizens of Ukraine who just want to go on living their daily lives.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A word of advice: do not mix news report with opinion columns on newspapers (which for instance is the case of what you shared here). Those are two completely different things and someone not paying attention enough may think that those opinions are from journalists. Anyone invited for that purpose, scholars, politicians, anyone who can write good enough about certain topic, can have their opinion on a newspaper.
As far as reports go they have been telling the public whatever politicians say and not like you suggested "building the narrative". ;)
Cheers.

How patronising of you to assume I don't know what an opinion piece is, and how disingenuous of you to imply what I shared was somehow misrepresenting an opinion as fact. I literally called it an interesting perspective.. you know, another word for opinion.

It's also hilarious that you said corporate media are telling you whatever politicians say and yet that's somehow not a narrative. Are you sure you know the difference between real journalism and propaganda?

• Haha
Reactions: Szabon

Szabon

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
How patronising of you to assume I don't know what an opinion piece is, and how disingenuous of you to imply what I shared was somehow misrepresenting an opinion as fact. I literally called it an interesting perspective.. you know, another word for opinion.

It's also hilarious that you said corporate media are telling you whatever politicians say and yet that's somehow not a narrative. Are you sure you know the difference between real journalism and propaganda?
Lol. Nevermind.

Citizen_404

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like to me you're the one drinking kool aid and sucking dicks. Hey that's cool, you do you.
"Actual leadership." pffffffffffffffffft hahahahahaha XD That's a good one I'll have to remember that on
Well, if you think sucking Putin's dick is leadership, I'd advise you to pull your head out of your ass ASAP.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the memory of a goldfish? Russia already invaded Ukraine to annex Crimea. Putin got away with that scot-free, so of course he has no hangups about invading the rest of the country now.

On that note, it seems Vlad is dropping the whole NATO excuse now and moving on to bigger lies, such as claiming there's an invisible genocide happening in the areas of Ukraine that he just so happens to want to invade.

The US is not going to get involved directly with a war against Russia, best we can do is send Ukraine weapons. Nor should we need to get involved directly for people to empathize with the peaceful citizens of Ukraine who just want to go on living their daily lives.
That was a revolution that seemed to get so big Ukraine and Russia both had to step in. I don't see any invasion.

Well, if you think sucking Putin's dick is leadership, I'd advise you to pull your head out of your ass ASAP.
Dude your head is so far up your own ass that I'm surprised you're not choking to death on your own shit right now.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I know you are but what am I" - BitMasterPlus
Still one of the best comebacks after all these years since it's inception.

Revisionist history from a Putin apologist, why am I not surprised.
Not sure what you got from me, but I don't like Putin, like at all. Doesn't mean I wanna start fights with foreign powers for no good reason. Just stating what's happened. I mean I know you and others think Putin and Russia is responsible for a lot of the evils of the world currently even though it's another such country's dictator and party that's responsible, but we can't talk about that now, can we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: