Hacking [THEMES] Lots of News and Updates!

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Theme Creation - Easy Package
There is actually a really easy way to create your own themes. it is just replacing .png images, and it makes you a nice theme in no time! There is an included guide and tutorial. Works on 3.2 and 4.0. Just be sure to read the whole page!

http://wadder.net/wiki/index.php/Creating_...eginner_Package

Theme Database
We are also putting together a nice-looking Wii theme database. The files are all legal and multi-region, so just use MyMenu to create your app or csm file to install. We are also converting themes from other formats, such as the SoftMii themes, and hope to have all the themes created so far up soon. You can help!

http://wadder.net/wiki/index.php/Mym_Repository

GUI Installer - MyMenuify

I would put a long description here, but I will let the video speak for itself. This supports 000000XX.appFILENAME type themes, FILENAME.csm type themes, and basically anything you name it. It will also refuse to install if the file you select is not a theme - so you can't accidentally brick yourself that way. In addition, it browses the whole SD card, so you can throw in your themes any way you want.

Download: http://wadder.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1350

Region Free Themes - MyMenu

MyMenu is a PC program that turns MyScripts (.mym files) into themes you can easily install. While this may seem like an extra step at first, it allows much greater flexibility for theme designers and, as it reduces the size of the files to distribute, the bandwith costs, among other issues.

Because of this new format, we can do things like:
a) Selective editing based on version.
b) Multi-region themes.
c) Faster downloads.
d) Less bandwith costs - and less donations needed!

You can get MyMenu at http://wadder.net/wiki/index.php/MyMenu

To learn how to install themes with MyMenu, look here or read below: [*] Download the MyScript (.mym file) you want.[*] Open MyMenu. Download it from the MyMenu page.[*] For source, you will need a 000000XX.app from your region and System Menu version:[*] 00000042.app is from NTSC 3.2[*] 00000045.app is from PAL 3.2[*] 00000072.app is from NTSC 4.0[*] 00000075.app is from PAL 4.0[*] For MyScript, select the MyScript (.mym file) you downloaded in the first step.[*] Click "Create MyMenu!"[*] Give the file a descriptive name.[*] Option 1: MyMenuify[*] Place the file on your SD card.[*] Be sure to be brick protecting your Wii before you continue, as mistake will cause bricks.[*] Launch MyMenuify on your Wii.[*] Select the .csm file you created, and press A to install.[*] Option 2: SoftMii Tweaks[*] Place the file on your SD card, in the "softmii" folder. Name it 000000XX.appFILENAME[*] Be sure to be Brick Protecting your Wii before you continue, as mistake will cause bricks.[*] Launch SoftMii Tweaks on your Wii.[*] Select the 000000XX.appFILENAME file you created, and press A to install.[*] Done!

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last time I put a theme on my Wii it was irreversible, does this method let us uninstall back to the original Wii theme easily?

Edit: Also I like the DarkWii, but the Start button when you select a channel is still white, can someone fix that?

Leeuwtje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you can uninstall by reinstalling the original 000000045 or whatever app your systemmenu uses (region and sysmenu specific but interchangable between wii's)
just google it and you will find it a couple of times

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrickyTony said:
The last time I put a theme on my Wii it was irreversible, does this method let us uninstall back to the original Wii theme easily?

Edit: Also I like the DarkWii, but the Start button when you select a channel is still white, can someone fix that?
When you create your theme using the 0000000XX.app file, just install that using MyMenuify and you are back.

franky86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tagging this, im out of town for a couple more weeks but when i get home i am going to start designing my own wii menus.

idk why but most of those look horrible except the windows one and the dark one. all the character/game based ones just come off as lame to me.

time to bust out my artistic ability and create a few that fit my style when i get home. =p

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So okay trying to retrieve NTSC 4.0. Using NUS Downloader, what the @#$% do I need to enter?!

Edit: Lol all this Wadder stuff never works for me. The download link is not working when I click it?

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well seems nice, but I could'nt get it to work. I'm pretty sure I did al the steps exactly like you mentioned.

I download 2 themes from the Repository, Matrix and Eyes in The Night. After creating the CSM files and try to install them I get the 'Not a Theme error'.

Any thoughts of what I might have done wrong ?

*Edit.

Some more details:

I'm on 3.2E with the MiiWii package installed. Maybe that has got something to do with it ?

(And yes, I downloaded the 3.2 version of the CSM's
smile.gif
)

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have to have softmii installed as i dont and dont want to install it either so can i do this with out installing softmii. see i have rev13a and neogamma and usb_load gx and bootmii i dont need softmii as well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol