ROM Hack Thenewpoketext Tutorial, Finished for Epuls56

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am confused because my Pokemon Diamond has no 'a' folder in root. I've looked through all the files and there was no sign of an 'a' folder or 7.file. I am really lost since I've never tried this before. Can someone help?
View attachment 68061 View attachment 68062

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I realised that the tutorial used heart gold and soul silver. I was using Pokemon diamond. should it be any different? and if so how do I edit Pokemon diamond?
yes, text on dp are in msgdata > msg.narc

DerpyGz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes, text on dp are in msgdata > msg.narc
Thank you! I managed to locate the text and edit it, but i am now trying to patch it into the game and it seems to show this but doesn't make the new msg.narc... :(
error.PNG

I did rename the xml file, to without the s, but that shouldn't make a difference should it?

Last edited by DerpyGz,

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think renaming should give any problem õ3o
oh yes on the start of the "text file" there is an <file id="[number]" change="false">
replace this "false" with "true", maybe is this your problem?

By the way, there are anther programs to edit the text ... look this "DS Text editor"
http://hackromtools.altervista.org/ds-text-editor/
it's simple in some way but hard in another because have some bugs and it crash without notification and you lost everything you have done ... me and my translation team are really mad with this XD but with patience with work ...

DerpyGz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think renaming should give any problem õ3o
oh yes on the start of the "text file" there is an <file id="[number]" change="false">
replace this "false" with "true", maybe is this your problem?

By the way, there are anther programs to edit the text ... look this "DS Text editor"
http://hackromtools.altervista.org/ds-text-editor/
it's simple in some way but hard in another because have some bugs and it crash without notification and you lost everything you have done ... me and my translation team are really mad with this XD but with patience with work ...
I don't think i changed the false to true... that might be the case.
If that doesn't work i will have a look and try the other program you suggested. Thanks. XD

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
np! I had a pain to get used to these programs when I was starting x3x sadly not being able to code I can't upgrade it or something =3= ando the hacking community of pokemon don't seems like wanted to help too :/ I trie dto reach one of the most famous pokeDS hackers and he never answered me TT3TT

anyway XD good luck there XD could I ask what are your wanting to do? hehe

DerpyGz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
np! I had a pain to get used to these programs when I was starting x3x sadly not being able to code I can't upgrade it or something =3= ando the hacking community of pokemon don't seems like wanted to help too :/ I trie dto reach one of the most famous pokeDS hackers and he never answered me TT3TT

anyway XD good luck there XD could I ask what are your wanting to do? hehe
I wanted to change the in-game text because i am editing sprites to make a mod, so i wanted to change the text too.
It did seem to make a rom this time, however when I play the rom the text is still the same?
I want to just double-check that it should look something like this?
error2.PNG

sorry for the giant image! haha XD I am probably getting annoying now! :S

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It did seem to make a rom this time, however when I play the rom the text is still the same?
this is where the true and false enter ..>
And well this happened to me too but the only way I could " solve" was making a new folder with the "fresh" program from tme zip/ar and try again with the file I edited :v if persists must be a error on the edition :/

and don't worry, as I told you I also had a lot of problems XD

DerpyGz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this is where the true and false enter ..>
And well this happened to me too but the only way I could " solve" was making a new folder with the "fresh" program from tme zip/ar and try again with the file I edited :v if persists must be a error on the edition :/

and don't worry, as I told you I also had a lot of problems XD

What do you mean by fresh program? Sorry bit of a noob... :( Could you just explain that a little bit simpler? :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu