Okay, there is Gecko OS

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Use WADUninstaller/Manager to uninstall that IOS, and then install the older one.
If the patched part is in a shared folder, it wont get deleted.

Do this under your own responsibility!

PD: Have you used any other games that could have updated? Any internet connection tests? Anything you can think of??
PD2: You've only got the IOS30 updated, nothing else(IOS31, BC, MIOS).
PD3: GHIII is safe to use. It has the old IOS30 inside it.

trent_fox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only game I've recently played that wanted to updated was the Guitar Hero game. I did recently get a new router and had to redo my internet connections. After it did the connection test, it asked me if I wanted to update and I told it no. Maybe it did something shady during the connection test?

I think I'll just live with the updated IOS. I don't want to risk bricking the Wii just to save me 10 seconds when booting the custom guitar hero discs.

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
trent_fox said:
The only game I've recently played that wanted to updated was the Guitar Hero game. I did recently get a new router and had to redo my internet connections. After it did the connection test, it asked me if I wanted to update and I told it no. Maybe it did something shady during the connection test?

I think I'll just live with the updated IOS. I don't want to risk bricking the Wii just to save me 10 seconds when booting the custom guitar hero discs.
Yeah, I guess that's the best thing to do in this case
smile.gif

I've passed my Wii to my PC with a proxy, and I'm checking everything it does. There hasn't been any stealth update yet xD

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jayparadox said:
Use WADUninstaller/Manager to uninstall that IOS, and then install the older one.

PD: Have you used any other games that could have updated? Any internet connection tests? Anything you can think of??
I've never used WAD Manager, but if you use WAD Uninstaller, you'll have to reboot your console... And I don't think the System Menu will be happy to be without IOS30
tongue.gif

That is: DON'T TRY TO USE WAD UNINSTALLER TO DO THIS.

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
ProdigySim said:
jayparadox said:

I've never used WAD Manager, but if you use WAD Uninstaller, you'll have to reboot your console... And I don't think the System Menu will be happy to be without IOS30
tongue.gif

That is: DON'T TRY TO USE WAD UNINSTALLER TO DO THIS.
True, but WAD Manager can uninstall and install without rebooting.

trent_fox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight: if I did want to revert back to an older IOS30, I would take the the wad from an update partition and put it on a SD card, then use the WAD manager to uninstall that wad and then install the wad without rebooting?

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trent_fox said:
So let me get this straight: if I did want to revert back to an older IOS30, I would take the the wad from an update partition and put it on a SD card, then use the WAD manager to uninstall that wad and then install the wad without rebooting?
That would essentially be the steps... But It's hard to say whether it would install/uninstall correctly, and many other things...
You'd probably be the first to try such a thing, so who knows what the chances are.

That said, I'm sure many people would be interested in hearing how it goes if you do.

Just remember the stakes are very high.

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
It's very risky to do, and I highly recommend you continue with the patched IOS30 that trying that. I don't know how the Wii reacts when it doesn't find a IOS that the System Menu uses. I guess it freezes(equal to brick).

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
just do it... for the science
and then you can come back and make a sticky thread: "IOS Downgrader, I've done it"... or not

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
just do it... for the science
and then you can come back and make a sticky thread: "IOS Downgrader, I've done it"... or not
Yeah, or do: IOS downgrader, I'll brick your wii!

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
trent_fox said:

you cant uninstall ios wads

ive tried

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ted Bundy edition