Tuned Heart on Neko Project 2 (PC/PSP): no sound and crash

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everybody.
I recently discovered the existence of a psp port of this classic, famous PC 98 emulator; Neko Project II, and I have to say that it works great with 90% of the .fdi / .hdi I've tried.

Unfortunately I stumbled upon a game recently translated into English, namely Tuned Heart (a visual novel/srpg), whose music and sound effects do not work, and this also while trying all the 'soundboards' available for the emulator.

Also at the beginning of the first battle the game crashes, surely because the emulator cannot read the sound track.

While on PC with Anex86 the game works perfectly, even on PC with Neko Project II the sound doesn't work and the game crashes in the same place.

Would someone, who knows the topic more than me, be able to propose a solution, also useful for other games with the same issue?
Can anyone figure out what the problem is with this emulator, unfotunately the only one available for PSP?
Could it be that the game uses MIDI files that are incompatible with PC and PSP versions of NP2?

First of all I' m interested in the NP2 PC version; than i would like to know, as long as there is a solution for the PC version, if it can also be applied to the PSP version.

Thanks to anyone who could, and would, help me.

BabaJeanmel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What Neko Project variant are you using ? I completed the game on NP21 FMGEN (np21nt variant) without any issue. Here is my conf file if it can be of any help.

Attachments

• np21nt.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: swosho

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for posting this version :)...but I hardly use my PC anymore lately...I use it at work and am now sick of it.
Also at home I only have an old Pentium I with Windows XP and I don't think this would work there...:rofl2:
To play games I almost exclusively use emulators on portable consoles, in this case the PSP with the only old version of NP2 available, and here the game doesn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica