ROM Hack [Tute WIP] Injecting VC roms for noobs.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But slow at that correct? I wonder if some less power heavy games would work well enough? I personally want sonic advance

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there is a card 2 converter somewhere maybe try that? I could be wrong it might be a card 1 to card 2 converter

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the makerom command is:

makerom.exe -f cci -target d -rsf gw.rsf -o 3dsrom.3ds -exheader exheader.bin -code code.bin -icon icon.bin -banner banner.bin -romfs romfs.bin -alignwr

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OK, Thanks to Nic333 now we can repack VC roms easily with the fixed makerom. I made a simple guide plus some batch files based on cell9's files.

Attachments

• Repack.rar
    378.3 KB · Views: 273

Nic333

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OK, Thanks to Nic333 now we can repack VC roms easily with the fixed makerom. I made a simple guide plus some batch files based on cell9's files.

Well, i just figure out how makerom build the romfs, i haven't fixed anything, anyway, the RSF that you put there it's wrong, it will produce an error, use that rsf:

Attachments

• RSF.rar
    3.1 KB · Views: 250

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Anyone know how to correct the IVFC hash? The rest I can manage.

Well, i just figure out how makerom build the romfs, i haven't fixed anything, anyway, the RSF that you put there it's wrong, it will produce an error, use that rsf:
So in other words, that version still can't generate a valid romfs?

Nic333

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone know how to correct the IVFC hash? The rest I can manage.

So in other words, that version still can't generate a valid romfs?

No, Makerom can generate a valid romfs, i just said that because i think as he was thinking as it was me who fixed the generation, i just figure out how to makerom build the romfs (Specifying the patch in the RSF) i didn't fix anything :P

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No, Makerom can generate a valid romfs, i just said that because i think as he was thinking as it was me who fixed the generation, i just figure out how to makerom build the romfs (Specifying the patch in the RSF) i didn't fix anything :P
Oh, ok. Seems a guy called "enler" was the one who fixed it. Pretty awesome, this makes ROM hacks/translation patches much easier as well.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
lol the nes emulator has its very own multi rom menu
IMG_20140921_001103.jpg
IMG_20140921_001139.jpg

i saw references to this in the exeFS a while back ago and wondered how it might work :P

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question is how to inject NES games. I keep getting to a black screen. I managed extract romfs by using ctr decrypter and xoring the romfs. I can't get exefs to extract though...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Question is how to inject NES games. I keep getting to a black screen. I managed extract romfs by using ctr decrypter and xoring the romfs. I can't get exefs to extract though...

with yet another fixed RSF, nes wants even save space :P

in regards to your exefs....check your xorpad...or do you mean you cant extract the exefs at all from the rom?

Attachments

• RSF.rsf.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 427

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
introducing rom editing made easy....hopefully it all works fine, i gave it a quick test and it seemed fine,
copy your ROM and XOR pads here, leave out any CTR-P-CTAP.romfs*.xorpad files they are un-needed and may cause issues(do not try to use the pokemon VC roms with this, they will not work, but pretty much anything else should, just use a different GBC game for GBC custom roms)

you just need the 3 Xor pads for the game exefs,romfs and exh

run unpackv2.bat, enter your roms filename (may help if you rename it to something easy like rom.3ds)
go into the "decrypted" folder then "romfs",
make your edits,
go back to the main directory and run makerom.bat

hopefully all goes well and you will be given romedited.3ds

thanks to ground for the neat and tidy decryption script,and everyone involved in making the tools

Attachments

• rom editing made easy.zip
    992.2 KB · Views: 312
Reactions: AceyBwoi

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
introducing rom editing made easy....hopefully it all works fine, i gave it a quick test and it seemed fine,
copy your ROM and XOR pads here, leave out any CTR-P-CTAP.romfs*.xorpad files they are un-needed and may cause issues

you just need the 3 Xor pads for the game exefs,romfs and exh

run unpackv2.bat, enter your roms filename (may help if you rename it to something easy like rom.3ds)
go into the "decrypted" folder then "romfs",
make your edits,
go back to the main directory and run makerom.bat

hopefully all goes well and you will be given romedited.3ds

thanks to ground for the neat and tidy decryption script,and everyone involved in making the tools

Any links?
EDIT:There it is. can this handle both NES and GB/GBC roms?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
looks like an awesome multi-rom place holder.. wondering if anything loads? and if other GBC or even GBA VC have the same :S?

well all i could get to load was SMB3 variations (hacks) using the provided patch files inside the rom ....seems the NES game patches are pretty much required to run them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I might download rayman revolution for my ps3