Hacking [TUTORIAL] Make your Wii a virgin

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
propered said:
If it is only for 3.2e/u/j or lower etc could you make that clear please in the 1st post as i am not sure

You need to know what SystemMenu-v2xx.WAD file... as stated in the tutorial... if your in Europe, you need SystemMenu-v290.WAD. If your in the US, you need SystemMenu-v289.WAD...

It's stated in the first post...

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks!
If I want/need to I can make my Wii virgin without losing all my saves friend and bought Wii VC and Internet Channel
smile.gif
(Yes really bought...
yaynds.gif
)

One problem is...
Your history will still be there right?
Why can't we clean this one yet? (without format -> lose all you bought content and saves and friends)
To make a 100% virgin Wii, but all your bought content and saves and friend codes still there...
smile.gif

Why I want it?
So Custom channels and yes, such like VC WADs... I installed in the first days...
blush.gif
(DK, Kirby)(Blazer) (But Un- installed now)

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
This tutorial will make it so your Wii is back to it's virgin state. No cIOS, no preloaders, Starfall, DVDx, nothing, but the way it was shipped to you.
When it's done, press the Home button. and agian, reboot your Wii by holding the power button until it goes RED. Turn your system back on, and you now have a Virgin Wii, cherry intact!

As HaniKazmi pointed out this is hardly a method for restoring a Wii to "virgin" state if you have installed CIOSCorp/SoftMii etc... If you have installed those "hacks" you now have multiple CIOS titles on your system that are not back to their virgin state (in fact pretty much all of your IOS titles have been replaced by CIOS titles).

Either run a downgrader as HaniKazmi mentioned, or use WadManager to reinstall all of the original IOS titles from .wad files.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fogbank said:
Either run a downgrader as HaniKazmi mentioned, or use WadManager to reinstall all of the original IOS titles from .wad files.

Updating from a disc that has 3.3 should work too. I think all the CIOSCORP IOS have a version number of .7 ... all (but two) of the real IOS are higher
smile.gif
Then you can just run AnyRegion Changer or the WAD Manager method to go back to 3.2

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diffusion said:
fogbank said:

Updating from a disc that has 3.3 should work too. I think all the CIOSCORP IOS have a version number of .7 ... all (but two) of the real IOS are higher
smile.gif
Then you can just run AnyRegion Changer or the WAD Manager method to go back to 3.2

smile.gif
And of course updating to 3.4 from the Internet would restore your IOS titles as well.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Updated... this is version 2 of the guide, and I've tested it 3 times... this will remove ALL traces of cIOSCORP and any background backup launchers...

This will truely virginize the Wii

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
Updated... this is version 2 of the guide, and I've tested it 3 times... this will remove ALL traces of cIOSCORP and any background backup launchers...

This will truely virginize the Wii

I did what your guide said, and now only PreLoader loads, and gives an error when trying to load system menu, i'm stuck in Preloader

EDIT: Found a system 3.2 wad and now i'm back!! Crisis averted

ralph9994

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
Tools you'll need:

cIOS Downgrader
AnyTitleDeleter
Hacks Remover
Patience

You can get these all from the Softmii package

cIOS downgrader is not in the softmii package.

only:

anyregionchanger1.1b
anyTitleDELUsecaution
cIOScrop1.01
Hack Remover
Pre loader 0.27
softmii tweaks
wad manager

so you only need to downlaod cIOS downgrader.

i want to remove the mii update and shop channel update on 3.2E waht are the IOS for those

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol