Hacking Tutorial to using USB Loader v1.1 and FAQs

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oath said:
I can put ISOs on the HDD through linux? Whats linux?
Can someone explain this to me?

Linux is a seperate operating system, totally different than Windows. To be honest, if you don't know what it is, then I doubt you'd be able to use the tool.

jordanfrenzy

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's a new one... I got everything set up fine. Installed WiiPlay from an ORIGINAL disc. Took a few seconds. Installed Super Mario Strikers from a BACKUP. Mind you this backup works fine with Backup Loader .3, but with USBLoader I get no sound and it's grainy black and white (Like it's the wrong regions somehow?) I know for a fact the game is USA NTSC. Any ideas?

D

Deleted User

musicman61554 said:
Alright nice stupid ? here, when you install the new ios here in the package you need the internet right?
No, you just need to google the wad and put it in the root of your SD card.

Oath

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Darkzero51521 said:
Oath said:
I can put ISOs on the HDD through linux? Whats linux?
Can someone explain this to me?

Linux is a seperate operating system, totally different than Windows. To be honest, if you don't know what it is, then I doubt you'd be able to use the tool.

Ahh, kk thnx

D

Deleted User

musicman61554 said:
Hmm I have tried to google the wads for this but all I get is of course Wad Manager stuff. I guess I will wait a cople of days for the wads to show up. Thanks though
Just google this: 'IOS36-64-v1042'

Then extract it and put that file in the root of your SD and the cIOS installer in a separate folder in the apps directory. There's no need to wait.

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giraffeblood said:
i'm using a linux distro (ubuntu), can i only copy iso's to the drive or can i use my pc to copy my burnt disks to the drive?

I'm not sure, i don't use linux on this computer. Ask over here->
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144278

tongue.gif

lavamasta

Trophies
Website
swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
ok, so i got the rev -1 error... but it says "could not find games" or somethin. i dont have any games on the flashdrive yet so is that the only problem then?

turok4n64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed Mario Kart (took 23 minutes) and Links Crossbow Training (took 3 minutes) on my 4 GB USB Pen drive..this is so cool

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lavamasta said:
ok, so i got the rev -1 error... but it says "could not find games" or somethin. i dont have any games on the flashdrive yet so is that the only problem then?

It means you hit the A button. Lol.

QUOTEso this IOS installer already includes usb 2.0 support?? cuz load time seems the same when booting from dvd

Yes, it supports USB2.0.

SSSMOKN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do need the USB2.0 cIOS if you don't already have it on the Wii, correct? Or is the cIOS36rev-9 it? I have a file that is the USB 2.0 cIOS, it is the beta 3 version. The tutorial doesn't say that the USB 2.0 cIOS is needed, but I didn't know if the writer figured that you may already have it on your Wii. I read earlier that the USB file was needed on another thread on this site. Thanks for any help with this ?.

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SSSMOKN said:
You do need the USB2.0 cIOS if you don't already have it on the Wii, correct? Or is the cIOS36rev-9 it? I have a file that is the USB 2.0 cIOS, it is the beta 3 version. The tutorial doesn't say that the USB 2.0 cIOS is needed, but I didn't know if the writer figured that you may already have it on your Wii. I read earlier that the USB file was needed on another thread on this site. Thanks for any help with this ?.

You do not need USB2.0 cIOS, it's included with the Rev 9

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ted Bundy edition