Hacking [TUTORIAL] Trucha Signer Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just rechecked all my keys and MD5sums... Still not getting anything.

I had some bogus stuff put in for boot1 key, and I remove that/replaced with 00s, but it's still giving me "Could not replace file (code: 6)" when trying to replace. Any ideas?

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just rechecked all my keys and MD5sums... Still not getting anything.

I had some bogus stuff put in for boot1 key, and I remove that/replaced with 00s, but it's still giving me "Could not replace file (code: 6)" when trying to replace. Any ideas?

Hmm... If you were able to open it up in the first place, your key is correct. (You only need the common key for now, apparently.) It could be a bug in the program; Trucha 0.2 wouldn't let you replace things outside a specific area on the ISO. This was fixed in 0.21. You are running 0.21, right?

Can you try another ISO? Manhunt 2 NTSC works.

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... If you were able to open it up in the first place, your key is correct. (You only need the common key for now, apparently.) It could be a bug in the program; Trucha 0.2 wouldn't let you replace things outside a specific area on the ISO. This was fixed in 0.21. You are running 0.21, right?

Can you try another ISO? Manhunt 2 NTSC works.
It definitely says 0.21 at the top, and I did a crc32 check with the files in the original rar archive. I've got the right versions.

I tried a homemade SMG USA backup, scene release SMG (PROMiNENT), PAL Scene SMG, Scene Metroid Prime 3 USA, and the scene Brawl DVD9 (Caravan), and none of them allowed me to replace the __update.inf. I tried with both same size file and smaller. :/ Don't know what to think. I posted on the authors blog.

Maybe I should set up an XP 32bit VM or something...

FoxMcClaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dont know if this helps, but prophet posted, you should "extract" the file first, save it somehere on your disc, and THEN replace it! This worked for me!

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont know if this helps, but prophet posted, you should "extract" the file first, save it somehere on your disc, and THEN replace it! This worked for me!
Oh wow. That's silly. I just tried that and it worked.

You have to extract the file within the same session as you attempt to replace it.

Maybe it triggers the program's decryption of the partition/file.

FoxMcClaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, silly, but works
wink.gif

kallekall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Vista, and Turcha Signer freezes every time I try to open a ISO. Have tried to disable antivirus and also running in compability mode but it still crash every time. Have inserted the right key. If i use the wrong key I just get the error message "Error decrypting data". But if I have the right key enterd the whole program crash.

Is Turcha Signer not vista compatible, or am I the only one with this problem?

Gus122000

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone offer me a better hint on where to get these bin files ? also a free hex editor ?
I found a hex editor but its pretty sh***y.Can anyone recommend one

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gus122000 said:
Can someone offer me a better hint on where to get these bin files ? also a free hex editor ?
I found a hex editor but its pretty sh***y.Can anyone recommend one
I use XVI32. It's free and semi-shitty, but for this type of stuff, it works fine.
http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/free...xvi32/xvi32.htm

The wii key.bin is not that hard to search for. Seriously. It's even on tehskeen, which is frankly amazing.

Try harder
tongue.gif

awofadeju

Trophies
Website
www.wiipals.net
XP
Country
Could some help me using the tool. Im trying 2 modifiy the jap version of fire emblem, and i think if i replace these two files i can make it in english but when i try to replace the files its says

"replaced files must be equal or smaller than the orginal"

How can i overcome this or modify it 2 make the size smaller?

awofadeju

Trophies
Website
www.wiipals.net
XP
Country
Could some help me using the tool. Im trying 2 modifiy the jap version of fire emblem, and i think if i replace these two files i can make it in english but when i try to replace the files its says

"replaced files must be equal or smaller than the orginal"

How can i overcome this or modify it 2 make the size smaller?

SimpleSimon08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kallekall said:
I'm using Vista, and Turcha Signer freezes every time I try to open a ISO. Have tried to disable antivirus and also running in compability mode but it still crash every time. Have inserted the right key. If i use the wrong key I just get the error message "Error decrypting data". But if I have the right key enterd the whole program crash.

Seemed to work on my Vista, only tried one ISO though. Going to try and get SMG to disable chip check anyone managed this?

kallekall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SimplSimon08 said:
kallekall said:

Seemed to work on my Vista, only tried one ISO though. Going to try and get SMG to disable chip check anyone managed this?

You can see how to disable chip check here

Thanks, tried another ISO now. Seems to work fine! My guess is that Trucha Signer do not work with the Big Brain Academy ISO.

driver2250

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for tutorial!
bow.gif

but Im still getting error decrypting data?? I enter common key from the key.bin, as in the tutorial. NEED help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: There was a arcade about 10 minute walk from my house when was a kid, so that was my hangout always.