Hacking uLoader 3.2 BCA universal support

rem300wm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to all
tHciNc Thanks for the reply,just have to wait for Hermes or josete2k to fix that part of the loader.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
4.8 out, i updated online
smile.gif

http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_utilidad-ul...a-saves_1217626

What's new:

-Improved savegame and FAT support

-Wiiware/VC games emulation

-Wiiware/VC/DLC content installer (Copy wads to sd:/nand/install or usb:/nand/install)

-Auto-icon function fo rWiiware/VC : It uses a series of checks to extract an image from icon.bin and use it as default (It can fail as it is a real chaos to find an image there... maybe in the future an image could be selected from banner.bin or icon.bin). This icon can be remove either by adding a PNG image from the usual place or using the default icon if "Edit CFG#2" -> "Delete Icon" is selected.

-Autocomplete/Update shared content function and possibility of forcing update of Wiiware/VC (former is done when game is ran, latter with "Edit CFG #2" -> "Force Content Update")

-FAT unmounting support when exiting to the menu, or Reset or Power button are pressed (by monitoring /dev/stm/eventhook, /dev/stm(immediate and both buttons interrupt vectors)

- Possibility of redirection of x:/nand/ when seeking downloadable content (DLC) when saves are emulated in nand2, 3 or 4

- Backup/restore support for quicksave/snapshot files in certain Wiiware when exiting to the menu (qsdata.bin or snapshot.bin are restored if lost)

-Support for copying game related DLC to the specified path.

-Classic Controller suport added

-New uLoader hacks to set cIOS 224 as default cIOS and new "back in black" option to change the background look by adding the posibility to add a PNG (640x480 true color) as wallpaper from sd:/background.png, sd:/apps/uloader/background.png or usb:/background.png, usb:/apps/uloader/background.png

Wiiware / VC
--------------------

Everytime a wad is installed the newest version of the shared content is taken. uLoader has its own installer which doesn't use the system, so it needs to manage the shared content by itself ans set it as private. Old content update can be froced with a button, but it is recommended to install first the newest Wiiwares to get from the beginning the newer version of shared content.

*Installation method

Wiiware/VC is installed in x:/nand by force. Copy the wads in x:/nand/install (don't copy too many as it takes some time to decrypt and install)

* New option in Edit CFG #1:
"Skiip Boot" -> Skips the content flagged as executable and analyzes the title dor other dol file. It is needed for some games that don't work in other ways.

* New options in Edit CFG #2:

Information about title path is shown (if you need to modify something, it is x:/nand/title/00010001/xxxxxxxx where x is the shown information.)

"Del Title" -> this completely deletes Wiiware (The ususal option in uLoader is not good here because an special method is used.)

"Del Data" -> This just deletes the contents of the "_data" folder (savegames, etc)

"Force Content Update" -> Updates contents matching the hash by scanning all installed Wiiware. Useful in case of partial installs or game malfunction (for example, Super Mario 64's electronic manual problem in old installations can be fixed in this way)

"Delete icon" -> Damages the icon information in Wiiwares so it is both not shown and not automatically updated (if you use the normal PNG delete uLoader would reinsert the icon again next time)

Savegames / DLC in WBFS/.CISO and DVD
----------------------------------
Savegames work the same as in v4.5b, but now there are extra functions for DLC.

"Use DLC form x:/nand" -> forces the use of DLC content (00010005) form x:/nand instead of the selected path for the savegame (for example you can save to x:/annd3 and take the DLC from x:/nand)

"Copy DLC" -> Similar to "NAND export save", copies DLC to the path selected for savegames (if you select "USB" and "nand2", DLC would install there).

Installation process and working with contents
-----------------------------------------------

Wads copied to x:/nand/install are deleted once correctly installed. Two types are supported Wiiware/VC (00010001 titles) and DLC (00010005 titles). The routine is more permissive whith the latter for incomplete wads.

When something is installed the content is checked to update shared content if needed (in x:/nand/shared).

The content update, if needed, is done during game execution (so the first time it will take some time if out-of-date content is found). uLoader modifyes title.tmd (backed up to #title.tmd) to flag all the content as private to avoid emulating /shared1 and allowing a better management of the shared content.

It is also in that moment that a new ticket from the actual IOS ticket is genertaed to skip the ES_Identify(), FAT_Identify() and Set_UID() that otherwise would fail with IOS 37 and 57 ( Obviously, a false ticket is used to skip this step)

ADVICES
---------

-Don't install many wads at a time: A long time is required to decrypt and copy each game.

-Install new games first so older ones can get advantage of its improvements (anyway, if the game works correctly it doesn't really matter)

-Respect original video mode, if it is not working, try the "skip IOS" option. If it is still not working, try other IOS (some games don't work with 224). Once the game is working, it can be checked if it admits the Auto or "Force PAL 60" modes for NTSC games, for example.

-We careful when copying DLC, because it wil overwrite the old data and you could disable songs in GH, for example (a backup of title.tmd is done). If the game has the 53xxxxxx id, DLC will be at title/00010005/73xxxxxx, or put in another way, add 0x20.

-DLC obtained in other ways, apart from being illegal, could be "trucha" and not work, be invisible to the programs or overlap with other DLCs in memory. The best thing to do is to download the free DLC to the nand without emulation (emulation gives problems with downloads) and then copy it with the "Copy DLC" to be emulated to be able to free the space that DLC took from the nand.

FINAL NOTE: Warning: this is experimental and there could be bugs that could make you lose all content or corrupt it, so it is adviced to do a backup of everything valuable and not push it. The extension for savegames, DLC and Wiiware is undoubtely a useful tool and it can still be improved. I am not responsible of bad uses or malfunctions and you are warned that you should protect valuable data as much as you can .

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't he take back 4.7 because it was unstable and 4.8 should be stable? Well, it Code dumps on installing WiiWare
tongue.gif

TV Show King 2 code dumps everytime on installing. Solitair shows "System Files Corrupted"-message when trying to play.
Something's still wrong there, I wouldn't wonder if this updates gets removed, too.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for some reason his 4.8 wants me to foramt my HD b/c it says it cant find the wbfs partition which is bullcrap b/c if finds the fat partition on the format screen

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
tHciNc said:
4.8 out, i updated online
smile.gif

http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_utilidad-ul...a-saves_1217626

What's new:

-Improved savegame and FAT support

-Wiiware/VC games emulation

-Wiiware/VC/DLC content installer (Copy wads to sd:/nand/install or usb:/nand/install)

-Auto-icon function fo rWiiware/VC : It uses a series of checks to extract an image from icon.bin and use it as default (It can fail as it is a real chaos to find an image there... maybe in the future an image could be selected from banner.bin or icon.bin). This icon can be remove either by adding a PNG image from the usual place or using the default icon if "Edit CFG#2" -> "Delete Icon" is selected.

-Autocomplete/Update shared content function and possibility of forcing update of Wiiware/VC (former is done when game is ran, latter with "Edit CFG #2" -> "Force Content Update")

-FAT unmounting support when exiting to the menu, or Reset or Power button are pressed (by monitoring /dev/stm/eventhook, /dev/stm(immediate and both buttons interrupt vectors)

- Possibility of redirection of x:/nand/ when seeking downloadable content (DLC) when saves are emulated in nand2, 3 or 4

- Backup/restore support for quicksave/snapshot files in certain Wiiware when exiting to the menu (qsdata.bin or snapshot.bin are restored if lost)

-Support for copying game related DLC to the specified path.

-Classic Controller suport added

-New uLoader hacks to set cIOS 224 as default cIOS and new "back in black" option to change the background look by adding the posibility to add a PNG (640x480 true color) as wallpaper from sd:/background.png, sd:/apps/uloader/background.png or usb:/background.png, usb:/apps/uloader/background.png

Wiiware / VC
--------------------

Everytime a wad is installed the newest version of the shared content is taken. uLoader has its own installer which doesn't use the system, so it needs to manage the shared content by itself ans set it as private. Old content update can be froced with a button, but it is recommended to install first the newest Wiiwares to get from the beginning the newer version of shared content.

*Installation method

Wiiware/VC is installed in x:/nand by force. Copy the wads in x:/nand/install (don't copy too many as it takes some time to decrypt and install)

* New option in Edit CFG #1:
"Skiip Boot" -> Skips the content flagged as executable and analyzes the title dor other dol file. It is needed for some games that don't work in other ways.

* New options in Edit CFG #2:

Information about title path is shown (if you need to modify something, it is x:/nand/title/00010001/xxxxxxxx where x is the shown information.)

"Del Title" -> this completely deletes Wiiware (The ususal option in uLoader is not good here because an special method is used.)

"Del Data" -> This just deletes the contents of the "_data" folder (savegames, etc)

"Force Content Update" -> Updates contents matching the hash by scanning all installed Wiiware. Useful in case of partial installs or game malfunction (for example, Super Mario 64's electronic manual problem in old installations can be fixed in this way)

"Delete icon" -> Damages the icon information in Wiiwares so it is both not shown and not automatically updated (if you use the normal PNG delete uLoader would reinsert the icon again next time)

Savegames / DLC in WBFS/.CISO and DVD
----------------------------------
Savegames work the same as in v4.5b, but now there are extra functions for DLC.

"Use DLC form x:/nand" -> forces the use of DLC content (00010005) form x:/nand instead of the selected path for the savegame (for example you can save to x:/annd3 and take the DLC from x:/nand)

"Copy DLC" -> Similar to "NAND export save", copies DLC to the path selected for savegames (if you select "USB" and "nand2", DLC would install there).

Installation process and working with contents
-----------------------------------------------

Wads copied to x:/nand/install are deleted once correctly installed. Two types are supported Wiiware/VC (00010001 titles) and DLC (00010005 titles). The routine is more permissive whith the latter for incomplete wads.

When something is installed the content is checked to update shared content if needed (in x:/nand/shared).

The content update, if needed, is done during game execution (so the first time it will take some time if out-of-date content is found). uLoader modifyes title.tmd (backed up to #title.tmd) to flag all the content as private to avoid emulating /shared1 and allowing a better management of the shared content.

It is also in that moment that a new ticket from the actual IOS ticket is genertaed to skip the ES_Identify(), FAT_Identify() and Set_UID() that otherwise would fail with IOS 37 and 57 ( Obviously, a false ticket is used to skip this step)

ADVICES
---------

-Don't install many wads at a time: A long time is required to decrypt and copy each game.

-Install new games first so older ones can get advantage of its improvements (anyway, if the game works correctly it doesn't really matter)

-Respect original video mode, if it is not working, try the "skip IOS" option. If it is still not working, try other IOS (some games don't work with 224). Once the game is working, it can be checked if it admits the Auto or "Force PAL 60" modes for NTSC games, for example.

-We careful when copying DLC, because it wil overwrite the old data and you could disable songs in GH, for example (a backup of title.tmd is done). If the game has the 53xxxxxx id, DLC will be at title/00010005/73xxxxxx, or put in another way, add 0x20.

-DLC obtained in other ways, apart from being illegal, could be "trucha" and not work, be invisible to the programs or overlap with other DLCs in memory. The best thing to do is to download the free DLC to the nand without emulation (emulation gives problems with downloads) and then copy it with the "Copy DLC" to be emulated to be able to free the space that DLC took from the nand.

FINAL NOTE: Warning: this is experimental and there could be bugs that could make you lose all content or corrupt it, so it is adviced to do a backup of everything valuable and not push it. The extension for savegames, DLC and Wiiware is undoubtely a useful tool and it can still be improved. I am not responsible of bad uses or malfunctions and you are warned that you should protect valuable data as much as you can .
That sounds awesome...all what I need...Room for DLC and Saves. If this works, then @Hermes, you're a god. Thank you so much for that/these feature/s
biggrin.gif

Sadly, I'm not willing to get sick for these features everytime I boot up my Wii...so I'll wait until it's in another stable loader...hopefully.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.8a is now available using the update option. The installation of wiiware works much better now - I haven't had any code dumps yet.

I have tried playing several wiiware games that do not run with triiforce because of waninkoko's cIOS (Lostwinds, Castlevania Rebirth), and they will run with uloader but they freeze up either just before you start playing or when you are playing.

It looks like there are still more issues to work out with uloader, but once things improve uloader is going to be the best solution for playing any games on the wii with total independence from using the actual NAND.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrapperKeeperX said:
How do you play WiiWare & Virtual Consile Games on uLoader?
read the readme (has something to do with nand and install folders).

Small Status-Report (all PAL):
World of Goo: OK (loading screen on first try which didn't dissappear but after restart worked)
Tetris Party: OK
Wild West Guns: OK
Bomberman: Codedumps on install (no matter how often you try, WAD has to be reomved from install folder to start the loader).
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...n_compatibility

adewii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to use a nand for example that is used with triiforce. I've got loads of games in there that I don't have the wads for anymore. I don't fancy having to download another massive wad pack just in order to get the wads of the games I play back.

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
I cant get Wiiware/VC emulation to work at all, i was only able to install one wad (took about 5-10 minutes) and the rest would just freeze installing content #02. after installing, it just shows 'Reading .CISO and WiiWare from USB' and just sits there and never loads

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why wont uloader read my fat paritition? it wants me to format my drive, which it finds the fat partition no problem on the list of available partitions, but it wont find the partition outright..

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I think this might need revision5 of cios 222/223/224 to work properly, alot of comments of no valid wbfs or fat partition even though its there

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
GolfDude said:
why wont uloader read my fat paritition? it wants me to format my drive, which it finds the fat partition no problem on the list of available partitions, but it wont find the partition outright..
Make sure its a Fat32 formatted drive, not exFAT

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Uloader won't start games from a FAT partition (as stated in the readme), only from WBFS. FAT is only to store data, cfg, saves, DLC.

Sidenote on the DLC part:
Using the latest cIOS rev, and the latest Uloader (4.8A), upon "transferring" DLC from NAND to USB NAND and later checking the USB drive, i find that no DLC has been copied.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is it fixable? if so, how?

Greetz,

X

EDIT: Never mind. Seems that DLC does transfer after downloading another song from the store
huh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4