Hacking ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinoguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
softmii doesn't work after I follow this guide.
do I have to reinstall softmii?

When I loaded a wii menu it said it failed then when i loaded the wii menu it gave me a error .is my wii bricked?

Dinoguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why did it brick my wii!!
I tried installing a softmii theme and it bricked my wii and I installed preloader ,i didn't install the systememnu hacks due to me not knowing how too.

Posts merged

I tried installing a softmii theme and it bricked my wii and I installed preloader ,i didn't install the systememnu hacks due to me not knowing how too.

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
I updated from the official servers and I can't downgrade. So... is there a way to do it using WADs? Does anyone know which? (no download link please).

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
Dinoguy said:

if you installed preloader after the update you're not bricked... and... softmii is for 3.2, didn't you read their instructions?... just hold reset while turning on your wii... you should be able to start preloader and open HBC from there...

Dinoguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but in the preloader options I set it to system menu
frown.gif
(
do I need a savemiifrii/savemii ?
frown.gif
(

Edit:Thankyou! it worked now what do I do?

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Stang said:
Everything works perfectly, thanks for the easy to follow tut!
Youre welcome
smile.gif

DieForIt said:
I updated from the official servers and I can't downgrade. So... is there a way to do it using WADs? Does anyone know which? (no download link please).
if you dont have cIOS already installed then you cant use WAD Manager

QUOTE(Dinoguy @ Apr 4 2009, 06:17 PM)
now what do I do?
if you can load the homebrew channel just run cIOS Downgrader and start over

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With this guy, you still can't boot games from the Disc Channel and install VC titles via SD? I don't think IOS60 is patched for both uses yet, right?

Cypherdias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the guide. System Menu 4 and all nice homebrew and hacks working - works like a charm on my Wii.
smile.gif

Dinoguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats it worked,thanks ps im sticking with 3.2 I thought 4.0 let you customize your system menu
do I have to reinstall softmii?

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble installing wads now...
I'm using the WAD manager IOS16 (that's what it's called...) and it is unable to download Space invaders gets even or paper mario 64. How do I fix this?
Also, Starfall seems to be deactivated because I'm seeing the health screen again, is this normal?

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dvd-guy said:
With this guy, you still can't boot games from the Disc Channel and install VC titles via SD? I don't think IOS60 is patched for both uses yet, right?
i can play wiiware off my SD card and boot games in disc channel

gemini-saga said:
Is there a Way to update without internet?

I'm tired of getting error -1 :z
not as far as i know. wait till new games come out with the update on a disc

QUOTE(john.jingle @ Apr 4 2009, 08:48 PM)
I'm having trouble installing wads now...
I'm using the WAD manager IOS16 (that's what it's called...) and it is unable to download Space invaders gets even or paper mario 64. How do I fix this?
Also, Starfall seems to be deactivated because I'm seeing the health screen again, is this normal?
Starfall does not work with 4.0 use preloader and hacks at http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't get it
wacko.gif

You mean installing cIOSCORP will corrupt System Menu and installation of preloader will restore it

Howcome?

Is this because you can now choose from which IOS you want to boot or something?

Anyway, great guide! I'll try it tomorrow!

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear to god, megaupload has some of the worst captchas ever. It took me 10 tries to get those ISO60 tools or what ever.

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I installed preloader 0.29 on my Wii... I have no idea what it is or what it does, all I know is that whenever i boot up my wii, it goes to a menu that says systemmenu/homebrew channel/etc. I don't know what any of those options do and do not plan on altering them before I find out what they are. I heard that it helps my wii in case it bricks so I'll be keeping it but is there a way to make it so that whenever I turn on the wii, it doesn't go to this screen? Maybe whenever I hold Power and Reset or something but I don't want it every time I turn it on.

On another note, I got my WAD manager working again thanks to this but Space Invaders get even didn't seem to be installed... Wierd...

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
john.jingle said:
So I installed preloader 0.29 on my Wii... I have no idea what it is or what it does, all I know is that whenever i boot up my wii, it goes to a menu that says systemmenu/homebrew channel/etc. I don't know what any of those options do and do not plan on altering them before I find out what they are. I heard that it helps my wii in case it bricks so I'll be keeping it but is there a way to make it so that whenever I turn on the wii, it doesn't go to this screen? Maybe whenever I hold Power and Reset or something but I don't want it every time I turn it on.

On another note, I got my WAD manager working again thanks to this but Space Invaders get even didn't seem to be installed... Wierd...
preloader has settings

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assassda said:
john.jingle said:

preloader has settings

Think you can elaborate more on that? Or the Preloader in general?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for asking, but GBATemp is going so slow, and the search function isn't working for me right now...

Is there a way to get a custom Health screen for 4.0 yet? If this has been answered, sorry, but I can't find it right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh