Scolor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everybody.

I've a little question.

I am on a 3.2E Wii. System Menu runs on IOS36. I know, there are many games that require other IOS (like Need For speed, for example) but I want to stay on 3.2E at in meantime play NFS.

So I've dumped the update partition with WuFe. I know, I should install the ISOes that aren't installed on my Wii with Wad Manager.

The point is: what happen if I install an IOS that is already installed?

And, may I install ALL the IOSes that I want without brick? (I know, there's always a risk of a brick).

Thanks a lot.
smile.gif

EDIT: Can I dump the update partition also with WiiScrubber?
ohmy.gif

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you sysmenu uses 31, not 36, pretty sure.

also, you can overwrite any but don't do 31 unless you really have some reason to.

and yes you can extract ("dumping" is correct with wufe, but this is "extracting") IOS wads using wiiscrubber v1.31 finalfinal...obtain older IOS versions, pre-"Wii Music" discs have them, and obviously if you need a newer one like 38 or 55 you'll have to get them from the discs that use them.

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may install all the IOSes you want without fearing a brick. The risk of a brick is when you install a System Menu that runs on an IOS you don't have, or you mess with the IOS the System Menu runs on...

Even if HBC states that it uses IOS36, that is only for the HBC and not a system-wide IOS used.

With installing IOSes though, be careful you don't install the new 3.3/3.4 versions, which can block stuff. Although that can be fixed with the IOS Downgrader.

If you try to install an IOS that is already there, the versions will be compared, and the Wii will end up with the one with the highest version number, either blocking an earlier version, or overwriting with a later version, depending on what the versions are.

Scolor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
nanika said:
You may install all the IOSes you want without fearing a brick. The risk of a brick is when you install a System Menu that runs on an IOS you don't have, or you mess with the IOS the System Menu runs on...

Even if HBC states that it uses IOS36, that is only for the HBC and not a system-wide IOS used.

With installing IOSes though, be careful you don't install the new 3.3/3.4 versions, which can block stuff. Although that can be fixed with the IOS Downgrader.

If you try to install an IOS that is already there, the versions will be compared, and the Wii will end up with the one with the highest version number, either blocking an earlier version, or overwriting with a later version, depending on what the versions are.

Thanks, now it's more clear.

But I knew that if I install for example IOS50 (that blocks stuff) and it's not used by System Menu, it can't do anything to block my stuff, because it is not used by System Menu. Am I right?

I think this because when I install (for example) IOS50 with Wad Manager it will not be used by System Menu, right?

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scolor said:
nanika said:

Thanks, now it's more clear.

But I knew that if I install for example IOS50 (that blocks stuff) and it's not used by System Menu, it can't do anything. Am I right?

I think this because when I install (for example) IOS50 with Wad Manager it will not be used by System Menu, right?
You're right. If nothing uses the IOS, your system won't be affected.

Scolor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ehm...the last question, I promise.
tongue.gif

How I can know wich IOS is used by System Menu?

EDIT: Noobwarrior told me that my System Menu probably uses IOS31. Why? Maybe because firmware 3.2 uses IOS31 ?
smile.gif

Scolor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, so I'll take care both of IOS30 and 31. ^__^

EDIT: Ok, AnyTitle deleter told me that IOS30 is used by System Menu because it'll not let me to delete IOS30.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4