Hacking USB Harddrive reccomendation

jakejm79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am looking for a new USB Harddrive, my current one works fine, but I am looking for one that will power down when I shut off my Wii.
Basically I have just started booting directly to my USB Loader and it would be real convenient if I didn't have to turn the Harddrive on and off especially since I know need it on when booting.
Anyway can anyone recommend a Harddrive that runs just on the USB power but works fine with the USB loaders (I know there is the compatibility list, but it doesn't specify how they are powered), looking for something in the 300-500GB range, relatively inexpensive and that works fine with multiple partitions.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakejm79 said:
So I am looking for a new USB Harddrive, my current one works fine, but I am looking for one that will power down when I shut off my Wii.
Basically I have just started booting directly to my USB Loader and it would be real convenient if I didn't have to turn the Harddrive on and off especially since I know need it on when booting.
Anyway can anyone recommend a Harddrive that runs just on the USB power but works fine with the USB loaders (I know there is the compatibility list, but it doesn't specify how they are powered), looking for something in the 300-500GB range, relatively inexpensive and that works fine with multiple partitions.
i use this usb powered enclosure here.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817816008
and this harddrive here(the IDE version not SATA).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822148443
a great combo and works excellently well, some might go with a bigger harddrive though works well with muti partitions.

jakejm79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the input, I think I have narrowed it down between the Toshiba that Fenrir mentioned and this. The wiki seems to claim that it works perfectly, anyone tried this?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 500GB FreeAgent Go works flawlessly but....

I actually wish I had a drive WITH a power switch on it, as there are many times that I use the Wii without the need for the drive being on constantly.

SherlockHolmeboy

Trophies
Website
homebrefreeware.co.cc
XP
Country
I use a Maxtor OneTouch 4 Mini (250GB), which works like a charm, once I found out how to stop it spinning down.
tongue.gif
Other than that, it's perfect.
smile.gif

jakejm79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
My 500GB FreeAgent Go works flawlessly but....

I actually wish I had a drive WITH a power switch on it, as there are many times that I use the Wii without the need for the drive being on constantly.

I'll trade you mine with a power switch for yours without, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh