Hacking Usb Loader GX wont show .ciso GameCube games. Only shows .iso GC games but won't load them -- loads black screen

Skateboard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I've run into an issue with Usb loader GX and Gamecube games. I've recently modded my wii with apps and iso's being on the SD card. The wii games and gamecube games are on the usb1. The wii games run fine and display fine in the Loader menu. GC games on the other hand only play through nintendont. They do not display through the loader menu. All the paths seem to be correct.

After some research I saw some suggesting using .iso files for GC games instead of .ciso. I tried it and it finally showed the GC game however it couldn't play them -- just loads a black screen. At this point i need to click the home button and go back to the usb loader menu. I can still load the .iso from nintendont and play it fine. From this I concluded that the loader can't recognize .ciso files. It must recognize .iso files but can't play them? Any suggestions on what to do?

If there is any information needed from me please don't hesitate to tell me. I'm rather new to this so I don't know what or what not to include. Thank you!

wiiman1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
in the root of your usb or sd card there should be a folder called "games" in that folder there should be another folder called "gamename[GameID] " and in that folder should be the "game.iso" make sure the gameID is correct for the specific game because i had the same problem until i found the right ID.

Skateboard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you're using USB Loader GX r1281 from GitHub, since older releases from SourceForge don't support CISO files.
How can I check that?

Edit: I checked and it seems to be r1271. My new concern is the USB Loader is being priiloaded. I'm assuming I should just stop the priiload, change the usb oader version then priiload again?
Post automatically merged:

in the root of your usb or sd card there should be a folder called "games" in that folder there should be another folder called "gamename[GameID] " and in that folder should be the "game.iso" make sure the gameID is correct for the specific game because i had the same problem until i found the right ID.
ill check it again. I transferred the games using the GameCube Backup Manager so I assumed the game ID's are valid. Where can I confirm the ID's?

Last edited by Skateboard,

Skateboard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can either look at the bottom left corner as the loader starts or look at the credits screen in the settings menu.

Odds are you're using r1272 or older.
I checked and it seems to be r1271. My new concern is the USB Loader is being priiloaded. I'm assuming I should just stop the priiload, change the usb oader version then priiload again?

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I checked and it seems to be r1271. My new concern is the USB Loader is being priiloaded. I'm assuming I should just stop the priiload, change the usb oader version then priiload again?
You shouldn't install the loaders DOL file directly to priiloader. Instead you should extract the DOL file from this zip file to the root of your SD card and then install that DOL file into priiloader.

If you install the loaders DOL file into priiloader then the loader won't always boot with the correct settings, since priiloader doesn't read the boot arguments from the loaders meta.xml file.

If you don't have the loaders forwarder channel installed then you'll need to install that. So here's a download link for the Wii version and here's a download link for the vWii (Wii U) version.

Last edited by blackb0x,

Skateboard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't install the loaders DOL file directly to priiloader. Instead you should extract the DOL file from this zip file to the root of your SD card and then install that DOL file into priiloader.

If you install the loaders DOL file into priiloader then the loader won't always boot with the correct settings, since priiloader doesn't read the boot arguments from the loaders meta.xml file.

If you don't have the loaders forwarder channel installed then you'll need to install that. So here's a download link for the Wii version and here's a download link for the vWii (Wii U) version.
Updating the USB Loader GX worked perfect. Games can be played now and display. I had a quick question though: Is there a way to make the gamecube channels not just say "Gamecube." when I had it as an iso I only tested it with Luigis mansion but it showed a picture of Luigi -- now it doesn't. It's not a pressing issue but would like nicer aesthetically speaking

Also as far as the priiloader goes, I loaded it up and it showed me the option for USB Loader GX (APHBROT available) and I installed that and have been priiloading it fine. If I find any issues I'll be sure to do your method

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had a quick question though: Is there a way to make the gamecube channels not just say "Gamecube." when I had it as an iso I only tested it with Luigis mansion but it showed a picture of Luigi -- now it doesn't. It's not a pressing issue but would like nicer aesthetically speaking
A lot of the information can't be read from CISO files, so you should download covers/banners and then they'll look better.

Also as far as the priiloader goes, I loaded it up and it showed me the option for USB Loader GX (APHBROT available) and I installed that and have been priiloading it fine. If I find any issues I'll be sure to do your method
Yeah, that method breaks things. For example, if you were to change the loaders IOS setting or enable SD card mode then the settings would be reset whenever you reboot your Wii.

Skateboard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of the information can't be read from CISO files, so you should download covers/banners and then they'll look better.
Where can I find banners? My games have the 3D/2D/Disc/Full covers already.

Yeah, that method breaks things. For example, if you were to change the loaders IOS setting or enable SD card mode then the settings would be reset whenever you reboot your Wii.
So for the method you suggested all I gotta do is put the uneoboot.dol into the SD card root and then install that into the pirrloader?

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where can I find banners? My games have the 3D/2D/Disc/Full covers already.
If you press 1 on a Wiimote and custom banners isn't selected then enable that and download everything.

Most of the popular games should have banners.

So for the method you suggested all I gotta do is put the uneoboot.dol into the SD card root and then install that into the pirrloader?
Correct :)

Skateboard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you press 1 on a Wiimote and custom banners isn't selected then enable that and download everything.

Most of the popular games should have banners.
oh yea...I can't connect my wii to internet...Everything I've been doing has been offline :rofl: any chance you know how to do it offline/on the computer?
Okay awesome! ill try it!

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oh yea...I can't connect my wii to internet...Everything I've been doing has been offline :rofl: any chance you know how to do it offline/on the computer?
I don't know of a source that has all of them with the correct title IDs assigned to them.

Can you create a hotspot with your phone and then connect your Wii to that? Here's how to do that with an iPhone and here's how to do it on Android.

Binski48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Okay awesome! ill try it!
I personally don't download covers on my wii either, if you go on gametdb.com you can search for any wii or gamecube game and the cover should come up. When you save the image it should already be named correctly, and you just need to put it in apps/usbloader_gx/images

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?