• Views 7,241,010
  • Replies 29,380
  • Likes 48

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tested with that version in a long time, so I'll check it out. I know that the regular Nintendont version should work though.

It won't since r1280 supports multiple instances with separate config files.

Can you tell me what games, channels and forwarders you've got installed to your NAND? You can send me a private message if you don't want it to be public.
Thanks blackb0x. I've narrowed down the Nintendont issue I was having. I had tried the official Nintendont build and it froze as well. On the top USB port I have a hub with two Rock Band dongles. If I remove the dongles it boots as normal, with the dongles it freezes. Not a big deal, I just unplugged them. It did however work on the previous build and through Nintendont itself. Thanks again for all of your hard work.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
no, a game that has an update, makes your cios stub (empty), so you can no longer play your games, that's why you have to configure Priiloader to counter the updates
Only if the cios version number was less than the official stub versions, this is why most guides will now have u install cios's as v65535 (I. E. Maxxed out). Either way having priiloader set to block updates is ideal like you've said

Reactions: jeannotte

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
with me it is crashing
I'm working it. It's just difficult to fix the issue when I can't replicate it. But at least I know which commit introduced the bug.

If you're using vWii you can work around the issue by launching the loader via the UNEO forwarder. There isn't a workaround for the Wii though.

EDIT: I found the problem and I'll release a fixed version soon :)

Last edited by blackb0x,

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can boot homebrews via the usb loader except riivolution (it throws me back to the HBC). Doesn't matter whether I use the forwarder or the .elf on my sd. Do you know a fix for this?
I assume this was a problem with previous versions of the loader too. I'll check it out later today though.

@blackb0x, how to send corrections to translations? PMs?
Sure, if you don't know how to use git just send me the modified language file :)

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Sure, if you don't know how to use git just send me the modified language file
Who can know in advance by what rules a particular repository lives.
For example, you don't have an "Issues" tab there at all (although it is, but for some reason it is hidden). So it turns out that all bug reports are accepted only in this topic of this forum.
Therefore, I clarify.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Who can know in advance by what rules a particular repository lives.
For example, you don't have an "Issues" tab there at all (although it is, but for some reason it is hidden). So it turns out that all bug reports are accepted only in this topic of this forum.
Therefore, I clarify.
If you fork the project you could edit the file directly on GitHub. Then once you're done it'll ask you if you want to send me a pull request. Or if you send me a private message with the updated language file then I'll upload it when I release the update.

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm working it. It's just difficult to fix the issue when I can't replicate it. But at least I know which commit introduced the bug.

If you're using vWii you can work around the issue by launching the loader via the UNEO forwarder. There isn't a workaround for the Wii though.

EDIT: I found the problem and I'll release a fixed version soon :)
because I have a Wii and not Wii U

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've just updated my wii now and usb loader gx is closing down every time after the loading screen. Anyone else have experienced this? I try to do it with/without an usb flash attached and with/without enabling arguments in meta.xml.
My cios are the ones recommended by Blackb0x.

ScrumpyDaniel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The loader does have a built in way to do that, but that data can be lost when certain changes are made. So you'd be better off editing wiitdb.xml with any custom titles IMO.

If you're scared of messing something up then don't bother updating. As long as your USB devices is fast enough you most likely wouldn't notice a difference anyway.

Here's a cIOS guide. You'd just use my installer and where they've got 56 you'd use 57 and where they've got 57 you'd use 56.

So I went through with the update and everything works fine! Thanks for your fantastic work to the Wii & Wii U modding scene and continued work! Happy new year!

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've just tried going back to rev 1272 of USB Loader GX and it works fine. The only setting I changed on 1280 was the video width to framebuffer, but changing that back to Auto didn't help the game to work properly either. Going back to 1280 again without changing any settings causes the game to crash when you enter one of the rooms and requires a hard reboot of the Wii.
Hi, I confirm the bug with Mario Galaxy and rev 1280.

Wii PAL 4.3E
UsbLoaderGx rev 1280
Mario Galaxy PAL Retail Disc
Settings: 480p Pixel Fix Patch, Deflicker Filter OFF (Safe), Video Width: Framebuffer.

Entering any rooms (the first on the left for example) crashes the game (black screen) and freezes the console (hard reboot by unplugging the power outlet).
Going back to rev1272 with same settings, and the game does not crash, everything works well.

I think @cobhc nailed that the problem is maybe caused by the Deflicker Filter OFF on rev 1280 (not by the Video Width : Framebuffer).

Too bad, as this new framebuffer option is really a great addition.

cobhc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I confirm the bug with Mario Galaxy and rev 1280.

Wii PAL 4.3E
UsbLoaderGx rev 1280
Mario Galaxy PAL Retail Disc
Settings: 480p Pixel Fix Patch, Deflicker Filter OFF (Safe), Video Width: Framebuffer.

Entering any rooms (the first on the left for example) crashes the game (black screen) and freezes the console (hard reboot by unplugging the power outlet).
Going back to rev1272 with same settings, and the game does not crash, everything works well.

I think @cobhc nailed that the problem is maybe caused by the Deflicker Filter OFF on rev 1280 (not by the Video Width : Framebuffer).

Too bad, as this new framebuffer option is really a great addition.
@blackb0x fixed this in a test build he sent me, he also fixed Mario Kart Wii online being affected by the Framebuffer setting.

One thing I did wonder is if the Framebuffer option could be implemented in USB Loader GX itself and also into Priiloader (since the 480p fix is already in Priiloader) so it's the same through the whole chain. That would be amazing as the extra clarity you get from this is amazing.

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@blackb0x fixed this in a test build he sent me, he also fixed Mario Kart Wii online being affected by the Framebuffer setting.

One thing I did wonder is if the Framebuffer option could be implemented in USB Loader GX itself and also into Priiloader (since the 480p fix is already in Priiloader) so it's the same through the whole chain. That would be amazing as the extra clarity you get from this is amazing.
Wow, great news, I'll wait for the new release then.

I agree, the extra clarity is a game changer for me, as 16/9 image is now "almost" as crisp as in 4/3.

Last edited by Ouaz,

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
For those who are using the new release without problems. Can anyone confirm if Just Dance mods work on wii? I've tried myself in the previous release and the program couldn't even mount the usb drive. They show in cfg loader and wiiflow, though (sadly, an error 001 shows when they are started).

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For those who are using the new release without problems. Can anyone confirm if Just Dance mods work on wii? I've tried myself in the previous release and the program couldn't even mount the usb drive. They show in cfg loader and wiiflow, though (sadly, an error 001 shows when they are started).
Them Just Dance mods are only compatible with the Hermes cIOS. I believe you've got to use IOS224 and you might also need to adjust the loaders IOS.

Eventually I'll see if I can get the d2x cIOS to work with the mods.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious