United States
ZaMaster said:
EspañolPorGoogle said:
kamakaze said:
EspañolPorGoogle said:
keyra said:
r140 : http://www.sendspace.com/file/zd5a01
fixed stupid mistake

I've made a patch that re-enables downloading cover art in a less irritating way. I've re-synced my patch with the latest revision (r140). I'll keep updating it until it or something similar is committed.

http://www.mediafire.com/beavertank_patches

So what do I do with the patch files? Do you need to tinker with the config.txt file at all with this patch?

Download the source code. cd to the folder with the Makefile. Run "patch -p1 < filename.patch". This will update the source code from r140 to match what's in my git. The png file will need to go in source/images. Run make and send the boot.dol to your wii.

I won't be making binaries as my intention is not to fork, but to get this included (or a similar fix) into the main code. Until it's included, I will periodically sync my patches with a current commit and upload new files to my media fire.

Could you direct me to a link where I can download the source for rev 140?

http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/source/checkout shows the checkout command. I'm not actually sure how to fetch a particular revision, as I'm a git user... never used svn (so I use git-svn to let me sync between my local git and the remote svn). Anyway, I updated my patch for compatibility with r142, which is the current. Also, I got a reply back from giantpune, so if he decides it doesn't suck, maybe it'll be in the official codebase soon.

Edit Google says add -r 140 to the end of your svn checkout command to get revision 140. So something like CODE
svn checkout -r 140 http://usbloader-gui.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ usbloader-gui-read-only
should grab it and put it in the local "usbloader-gui-read-only" folder.

raptor1010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
j0k3r said:
raptor1010 said:
Here is a USB Loader GUI r142 WAD that is tweaked a little.
Changes:
New and better Menu music.
Changed lock password for childproof options from AB121B to ab121b
Removed the button to return to the HBC, now it only has Wii Menu and Back.
Changed the default video setting from Disc Default to System Default.
Implemented the mod of adam_the_1st' gui mod as a theme.

Enjoy!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0G0C5D8E

... is there WideScreen support ?

this is not widescreen

masamunecyrus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've come to the conclusion that maybe my project isn't possible.

If you have two files, a dol forwarder and a program:

forwarder.dol
char* test = "world!";
FILE* inputFile;
inputFile = fopen( "/apps/usbloader/boot.dol", "rb");

and

boot.dol
char* test;
printf("Hello %s",test);

It more or less doesn't work. And thinking about it for a while, I've concluded that it's because you're basically loading an already-compiled bit of code, so there is no way to pass variables to it in the manner that I want. Is this a correct conclusion? Is there any way to set a variable in forwarder.dol, and have boot.dol be able to read it after forwarder.dol has opened boot.dol?

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My latest forwarder is "GuiUSBLoader r98". Is there a newer one with widescreen support?

I also don't want to beat a dead horse but the first page should be updated over to include 160/224 as the default size, it's giving out the wrong one (225), less people like me asking about it. Same with the password to unlock it out of child mode.

EspañolPorGoogle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mediafire.com
XP
Country
United States
masamunecyrus said:
I've come to the conclusion that maybe my project isn't possible.

If you have two files, a dol forwarder and a program:

forwarder.dol
char* test = "world!";
FILE* inputFile;
inputFile = fopen( "/apps/usbloader/boot.dol", "rb");

and

boot.dol
char* test;
printf("Hello %s",test);

It more or less doesn't work. And thinking about it for a while, I've concluded that it's because you're basically loading an already-compiled bit of code, so there is no way to pass variables to it in the manner that I want. Is this a correct conclusion? Is there any way to set a variable in forwarder.dol, and have boot.dol be able to read it after forwarder.dol has opened boot.dol?

Do you have the source for the boot.dol and the dol loader? If so, use exec. Like this:

forwarder.dol
Code:
int main(int args, char *argv[])
{
ÂÂchar* test = "Hello";

ÂÂexecl("sd:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol","sd:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol", test, "world!");
ÂÂreturn;
}

This would be equivalent to doing sd:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol hello word. If you wanted more parameters, just add more commas and more strings.

and

boot.dol
CODEint main(int args, char *argv[])
{
ÂÂ if(args > 0) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("my name is: %s\n",argv[0])
ÂÂ }
ÂÂ printf("I was passed\n");
ÂÂ if(args > 1){
ÂÂÂÂÂÂfor(i=1;i

j0k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi @ all,

I have a Problem. I Use the HD-Forwarder and the latest USBloaderGui. My config looks :

Code:
wtheme_path = SD:/apps/usbloader/theme/

when I start the Loader, I have this nice theme on my WideScreen LCD
wink.gif
. But I have no Covers on my Screen, I have all my Covers and Disc Images in the right place. When I use the default LoaderGUi, without t he Theme and the config.txt, I have all my Covers. Is something wrog with my config.txt, is there anything missing ?

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
j0k3r said:
hi @ all,

I have a Problem. I Use the HD-Forwarder and the latest USBloaderGui. My config looks :

Code:

wink.gif
. But I have no Covers on my Screen, I have all my Covers and Disc Images in the right place. When I use the default LoaderGUi, without t he Theme and the config.txt, I have all my Covers. Is something wrog with my config.txt, is there anything missing ?
if you have, delete the show_id =0 from the theme.txt

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
@Neorame: do we already use "libpng" in this Gui-loader? Because this lib includes: #include "pngwriter.h"

With this lib we can easily play with any png sizes without hassles...

Posts merged

@Neorame: do we already use "libpng" in this Gui-loader? Because this lib includes: #include "pngwriter.h"

CODE 1 #include "pngwriter.h"
3 int main(int argc, char * argv[])
4 {
5ÂÂÂÂfor (int img_height=100; img_height

kamakaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeoRame said:
j0k3r said:
hi @ all,

Code:

wink.gif
if you have, delete the show_id =0 from the theme.txt

By the way, where does theme.txt file belong?

also, if you have a widescreen theme, do you have to indicate a "wimages" path in the config.txt file?

kamakaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrBubbles said:
QUOTE said:
The correct size for the cover arts is 160X224.

It's that big of a bitch even by just a point difference? The default were 160x225.

Oh lol, well MANY thanks bro.

In the following website http://www.theotherzone.com/wii you can convert the 225 graphic arts to 224. Near the top of the page, there are input boxes to indicate the pixel size you want to convert to.

EspañolPorGoogle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mediafire.com
XP
Country
United States
atupac said:

Yes, the official libpng from libogc, not some local one like Waninkoko was using. Make an issue for it and it'll happen. Right now I'm personally more interested in #54, but this sounds like a great idea that might not be too much work.

Edit I don't see pngwriter in my devkitpro folder anywhere
frown.gif
Where did you find that example you have?

Edit2 Oh... I see. pngwriter is a C++ class... yeah, all of the default stuff in devKitPro is C, so that part probably wasn't ported from the main libpng. It might still have resize functions, though, but certainly not that pretty.

kamakaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fozzieb said:
theme path goes in config.txt

wtheme_path = SD:/apps/usbloader/wmytheme/

don't need background setting, if pointing to a widescreen theem folder the background.png will be widescreen optimised (if you created or downloaded one)

thanks,

have few more questions, for cover arts, if you have the wide screen setting do the box cover arts still have to be 160x224? the reason I ask is that the 16:9 cover arts I see at http://www.theotherzone.com/wii is different in dimension to the 160x224 versions that the first post is demanding for the loader.

if one is to use widescreen box arts, what would be the corresponding config.txt line?

So, let me know if this is a correct config:

#images_path =SD:/images/
#theme_path = SD:/apps/usbloader/mytheme/ (for non-widescreen)
wimages_path = SD:/wimages/
wtheme_path = SD:/apps/usbloader/mytheme/
layout = ultimate2
covers = 1
simple = 0
home = reboot
#download = 1
console_color = 2,15
#savesettings = 1
max_characters = 37
video = system
ocarina = 0
language = console
parentalcontrol = 0
#downloadinstall = 1
#hidesettingmenu = 0
widescreen = 1
#wimages_dl_url = http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/widescreen
#images_dl_url = http://www.theotherzone.com/wii
#hidesettingmenu = 0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think my favorite one was that dancing purple gorilla... I uninstalled that thing from sooo...