• Likes 48

biggzsizzle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chaos Punk said:
adam_the_1st said:
Random thought: wouldn't it be funny if we called this loader "Revolution". I figure if Nintendo couldn't stick with the name, we may as well take it.
tongue.gif

(or we could adapt it to Revoloader)
I like anyone of those names. I think there should be a poll for the names. GWii is one I still like.

Gu-Wii-USBLoader!!!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cooldudechand said:
kedest said:
cooldudechand said:
hey i wanted to ask that my wii is downstairs and i use external hdd and every time if i have a backup i have to connect the HDD to my computer so is there gonna be a way where i can put the game in my usb and transfer it to ext HDD in the wii instead of pluging it out ...taking it upstairs...putting the game...and then putting it back....did you guys get what I'm trying to say......

Yes, the Wii itself can rip the games to HDD too

QUOTE(cyrex @ Apr 23 2009, 10:17 PM)
Yep i know what you mean. Just insert the disk of your game to the wii and install it directly to the hdd via the loader. So you even save time to create a backup of the original game on your computer and transfer it back to the wbfs drive
smile.gif

No i mean like i put the game in my 4Gb USB from my computer then connect my USB and External HDD to wii and transfer the file from USB to the HDD through wii....

Thats not possible.Sorry

Also you dont want to hook up your external to your computer but you will your usb drive everytime?
Whats the big deal? It would be an even longer process to do it your way.You would be transfering the files twice which is pointless.

FvKey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
jeanrmarques said:
rev144 DOL (tweaked)

Tweaks:
Code:
+Default video mode set to "System Default"
+Password for childproof options changed from AB121B to ab121b
+Enabled "Force NTSC" as an option on the settings menu

Changelog (since rev143):
Code:
+Fixed some bugs.
+Optimized the code.
Thanks but...QUOTEInvalid File. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team.
wacko.gif

jeanrmarques

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
cooldudechand said:
No i mean like i put the game in my 4Gb USB from my computer then connect my USB and External HDD to wii and transfer the file from USB to the HDD through wii....
I don't think this is possible... At least not yet...

EDIT: FvKey, thats really weird, I just tested the link and it worked
ohmy.gif
, anyway, in case it was wrong up there, I just got the link again

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mlininmmmmk

EspañolPorGoogle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mediafire.com
XP
Country
United States
masamunecyrus said:
Thanks! That's extremely helpful, but Ive run into another problem. I was getting a ton of errors until I realized I needed to include
#include

Now, however, I still keep getting the error:
elf_dol_forwarder_specifics_source/source/main.c:108: undefined reference to `execl'

I'm trying to call it like this:
execl("sd:/apps/TEST/boot.dol","test");
return;

I've also tried
execl("sd:/apps/TEST/boot.dol","test", NULL);
return 0;

and
execl("sd:/apps/TEST/boot.dol","test", (char *) NULL);
return 0;

Hmmm :-/

Well, it doesn't matter how you try to execute execl, that function doesn't exist as far as the compiler can tell. You were right to include unistd.h. When I type "man execl" it says it's included in unistd.h. However, apparently that's not enough. I did a grep on the devkitpro files and got this:

CODE/opt/devkitPro/devkitPPC/powerpc-gekko/include/sys/unistd.h:43:intÂÂÂÂ _EXFUN(execl, (const char *__path, const char *, ... ));
/opt/devkitPro/devkitPPC/powerpc-gekko/include/process.h:10:int execl(const char *path, const char *argv0, ...);

I would try either #include or #include .

If you're still getting undefined reference, or it still doesn't work, LoadMii is an advanced OSS loader you can look at. I checked their source, but there's no calls to exec() or it's family. Instead they have their own function, one for dols and one for elfs. This copies the dol to the proper space in memory and then copies the passed arguments to the proper space in memory, as well. If you take a look at loadmii's main.c, you should be able to see how it sets up the __argv structure and loads arguments into it. You'll also note that load_dol() doesn't execut, it just loads it and returns the address in memory it's stored at. Some other function near the end of main actually uses that addrss to launch the app.

This is less straight forward than exec, but it's possible that was never ported as the wii doesn't run a proper OS, just a kernel. I can't find documentation or a declaration for the __argv structure easily, suffice to say it's buried somewhere in libogc or the standard c libraries and you won't need to include anything more than dol.c includes. Look at what LoadMii does. You can strip out a lot of the code you don't need and just get the basics. Something like ... Load dol file with fopen into memory buffer. Do something with an __argv args[] array to setup your args you want to pass. Give load_dol the butter and args, grab 'entrypoint' address. Jump to the entry point to begin execution.

Terrulin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
comet77 said:
Terrulin said:
comet77 said:
Did anyone see that the wii image site has changed.

http://www.theotherzone.com/wii

I went ahead and uploaded the images to my web site if you need them.

Box covers: http://www.zemaroo.com/wii/160x224/

CD covers: http://www.zemaroo.com/wii/disc/160x160/

you missed the trailing / so the server never looked for the index file under the wii folder try

http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/

and if that doesnt work try

http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/index.php

Ok, why do you have it setup that way. Is that an SEO thing? Anyways I'll keep mine there too.

I assumed you were just trying to get to the webpage by you stating that the site had changed with the link you posted. most sites are configured to look for an index file (index.htm, index.html, index.asp, index.php etc) if you point to a folder. Since your link did not end with a / signifying a folder, and there was no extension, the webserver ignored the "wii" section and returned the index.php webpage at the root folder for that site (basically http://www.theotherzone.com/index.php ) hope that makes a little more sense, because i didnt really understand what you meant by me having it setup that way, the SEO thing, or how you were going to set it up that way either. And if any of the above information is incorrect, then i apologize, its my first year teaching webmastering. it kinda came with my computer science teaching job

FvKey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
jeanrmarques said:
EDIT: FvKey, thats really weird, I just tested the link and it worked
ohmy.gif
, anyway, in case it was wrong up there, I just got the link again

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mlininmmmmk
Nope, the same thing happens.
I just click in "Click here to start download.." and the shows up the "! Invalid File. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team." screen.

Anyway, thanks
wink.gif

EDIT: Now it woks! Strange. OK, thank you
wink.gif

masamunecyrus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kyogc said:
Sorry if this is a noob question. Can anyone tell me what kind of font I can use here to compile the loader? I tried to use different fonts, some of them works but the game list cannot show properly, and some evenly can open the Loader. Thanks in advance.
The font should come with it. Did you checkout the whole thing on Google Code? Here is the font that is used by default

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any way we can have an option to turn off the music please ? or a place we can put a ogg or what ever it plays so we can have a custom song during game choice.

comet77

Trophies
Website
www.megaupload.com
XP
Country
Canada
Terrulin said:
comet77 said:
Terrulin said:
comet77 said:
Did anyone see that the wii image site has changed.

http://www.theotherzone.com/wii

I went ahead and uploaded the images to my web site if you need them.

Box covers: http://www.zemaroo.com/wii/160x224/

CD covers: http://www.zemaroo.com/wii/disc/160x160/

you missed the trailing / so the server never looked for the index file under the wii folder try

http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/

and if that doesnt work try

http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/index.php

Ok, why do you have it setup that way. Is that an SEO thing? Anyways I'll keep mine there too.

I assumed you were just trying to get to the webpage by you stating that the site had changed with the link you posted. most sites are configured to look for an index file (index.htm, index.html, index.asp, index.php etc) if you point to a folder. Since your link did not end with a / signifying a folder, and there was no extension, the webserver ignored the "wii" section and returned the index.php webpage at the root folder for that site (basically http://www.theotherzone.com/index.php ) hope that makes a little more sense, because i didnt really understand what you meant by me having it setup that way, the SEO thing, or how you were going to set it up that way either. And if any of the above information is incorrect, then i apologize, its my first year teaching webmastering. it kinda came with my computer science teaching job

No, you are not wrong but most servers will take a link without the slash and think that it is a folder on the server.

EX: http://www.zemaroo.com/wii/160x224

My server adds the slash on it

If mine had an index file it would have been displayed but because it did not have one it just list all files in the folder.

zouille83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello
I've a widescreen tv and i would like to have this USBloader in widescreen mode ( the wi is in 16/9).
Is it possible with this loader without theme ?

Maybe i need a theme folder and change the line in the config.txt.

I want to do that , because the picture is a little fuzziness

thankyou

masamunecyrus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EspañolPorGoogle said:
Well, it doesn't matter how you try to execute execl, that function doesn't exist as far as the compiler can tell. You were right to include unistd.h. When I type "man execl" it says it's included in unistd.h. However, apparently that's not enough. I did a grep on the devkitpro files and got this:

Code:
/opt/devkitPro/devkitPPC/powerpc-gekko/include/sys/unistd.h:43:intÂÂÂÂ _EXFUN(execl, (const char *__path, const char *, ... ));
/opt/devkitPro/devkitPPC/powerpc-gekko/include/process.h:10:int execl(const char *path, const char *argv0, ...);

I would try either #include or #include .

If you're still getting undefined reference, or it still doesn't work, LoadMii is an advanced OSS loader you can look at. I checked their source, but there's no calls to exec() or it's family. Instead they have their own function, one for dols and one for elfs. This copies the dol to the proper space in memory and then copies the passed arguments to the proper space in memory, as well. If you take a look at loadmii's main.c, you should be able to see how it sets up the __argv structure and loads arguments into it. You'll also note that load_dol() doesn't execut, it just loads it and returns the address in memory it's stored at. Some other function near the end of main actually uses that addrss to launch the app.

This is less straight forward than exec, but it's possible that was never ported as the wii doesn't run a proper OS, just a kernel. I can't find documentation or a declaration for the __argv structure easily, suffice to say it's buried somewhere in libogc or the standard c libraries and you won't need to include anything more than dol.c includes. Look at what LoadMii does. You can strip out a lot of the code you don't need and just get the basics. Something like ... Load dol file with fopen into memory buffer. Do something with an __argv args[] array to setup your args you want to pass. Give load_dol the butter and args, grab 'entrypoint' address. Jump to the entry point to begin execution.

I didn't know that the exec() functions were defined in process.h, but nevertheless I included all three: , , and to no avail. That bit from Loadmii is curious, though. Finals week is getting close so I don't know if I'll have much time to toy around with it, but it's certainly a positive-looking development. Thanks for all the help, though. Hopefully I can get this working so USB Loader Game Channels no longer require loader to be built-in, instead it can just forward to the USB loader which will load the settings, there. :-)

kamakaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cooldudechand said:
kedest said:
cooldudechand said:
hey i wanted to ask that my wii is downstairs and i use external hdd and every time if i have a backup i have to connect the HDD to my computer so is there gonna be a way where i can put the game in my usb and transfer it to ext HDD in the wii instead of pluging it out ...taking it upstairs...putting the game...and then putting it back....did you guys get what I'm trying to say......

Yes, the Wii itself can rip the games to HDD too

QUOTE(cyrex @ Apr 23 2009, 10:17 PM)
Yep i know what you mean. Just insert the disk of your game to the wii and install it directly to the hdd via the loader. So you even save time to create a backup of the original game on your computer and transfer it back to the wbfs drive
smile.gif

Why don't you make your life easy by using ftpii and WBFS Manager 2.5 look up both on google or wiibrew.org. ftpii requires that you have wireless connection and a ftp client on your computer (i find FireFTP for Firefox very intuitive and easy to work with); WBFS Manager 2.5 is a gui based tool that allows you to transfer backup iso files to a HDD. you can batch your game disc backups to your pc and use WBFS Manager to transfer the iso's to your HDD. That will save you a lot of trips up and down the stairs. spend the time to make ftpii and WBFS manager work, it will be worth it!

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
starstremr said:
any way we can have an option to turn off the music please ? or a place we can put a ogg or what ever it plays so we can have a custom song during game choice.
will be done when theme support is fully done (because that's what customizable means
tongue.gif
)

zouille83 said:
hello
I've a widescreen tv and i would like to have this USBloader in widescreen mode ( the wi is in 16/9).
Is it possible with this loader without theme ?

yep there will be a "standard theme" for both 4/3 and 16/9 in the wii-look. shizzza is currently working on the graphics and positions but it will still be a "theme" but you won't have to edit anything it will just be like the default one fitting widescreen.

QUOTE(kamakaze @ Apr 24 2009, 08:32 AM)
Why don't you make your life easy by using ftpii and WBFS Manager 2.5 look up both on google or wiibrew.org. ftpii requires that you have wireless connection and a ftp client on your computer (i find FireFTP for Firefox very intuitive and easy to work with); WBFS Manager 2.5 is a gui based tool that allows you to transfer backup iso files to a HDD. you can batch your game disc backups to your pc and use WBFS Manager to transfer the iso's to your HDD. That will save you a lot of trips up and down the stairs. spend the time to make ftpii and WBFS manager work, it will be worth it!
But this will increase the possibility to get a bad image because wifi is always kinda risky
smile.gif

jeanrmarques

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
rev145 DOL (tweaked)

Tweaks:
Code:
+Changed the BG Song to the default Wii System Menu one

Changelog (since rev144):
Code:
+region, game count and hdd info text can be hide and be moved in theme.txt now (will update the wiki later)
+Now your config.txt and title.txt need to sit in SD:/config/ instead of in SD root
+did some optimization to the code.

EspañolPorGoogle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mediafire.com
XP
Country
United States
kamakaze said:

because that won't work. FTPii doesn't recognize WBFS partitions. And even if it did, it wouldn't present the type of interface that a WBFS manager requires.

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jeanrmarques said:
rev145 DOL (tweaked)

Tweaks:
Code:
+Changed the BG Song to the default Wii System Menu one

Changelog (since rev144):
Code:
+region, game count and hdd info text can be hide and be moved in theme.txt now (will update the wiki later)
+Now your config.txt and title.txt need to sit in SD:/config/ instead of in SD root
+did some optimization to the code.

Thanks bro but is it possible to have a place in the theme folder for the menu music?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhtD6BeBJK4