• Replies 29,383
  • Likes 48

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Royusmc said:
Hi there. I hope you guys can help or point me to where i can get help. I installed this usb loader in my wii. I need to get an external usb drive to go along with it. Is there any preference on getting a 2,5" or 3,5" drive? I hear some people can't get their drives recognized on the wii. I don't really know wich drive to buy.

Thanks a lot.

I am using a 320 gb wd passport and it works great, I also have a 120 gb wd passport and it also works great. I have read that the 500 gb wd passport did not work for some people. Hope that helps

Agree. I have 320G WD Passbook. Works excellent !

Hyaku Shiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pakatus said:
BiboPenta said:
Hi there. I hope you guys can help or point me to where i can get help. I installed this usb loader in my wii. I need to get an external usb drive to go along with it. Is there any preference on getting a 2,5" or 3,5" drive? I hear some people can't get their drives recognized on the wii. I don't really know wich drive to buy.

Thanks a lot.

From my personal experience...WD...all the way.
smile.gif

How are you stopping the spindown with WD ... I thought there are no drive programs for WD to do that?

I have a 500G AAKS drive.

Hyaku Shiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive just setup USB Loader_GX for the first time and it all seems to be working fine. I'm using cIOS38_v12 and rev448. The only problem I have is that when I try to download the 3d covers it says "22 covers not downloaded".

Any ideas?

Hyaku Shiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BlindDude said:
the usb powered WD drives dont spin down. I think its only the bigger ac adapter type.

Well I put my 500G into an external enclosure so then you mean mine would spin down?

Posts merged

QUOTE(admiralsfan @ Jun 3 2009, 09:39 PM) hey guys i have a question, which one should i use, the forwarder channel or the actual channel?

I would use the forwarder channel because then all you have to do is download the latest revision and change its name to boot.dol and save it in your forwarder folder.

The actual channel would be much more of a headache.

Triumph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyaku Shiki said:
Ive just setup USB Loader_GX for the first time and it all seems to be working fine. I'm using cIOS38_v12 and rev448. The only problem I have is that when I try to download the 3d covers it says "22 covers not downloaded".

Any ideas?
How do you download covers with this loader?

Hyaku Shiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Triumph said:
Hyaku Shiki said:

Any ideas?

I go to the original view with covers displayed on left and list on right. And click on left "empty" cover. And it gives me an option to download covers. I've only tried the 3d ones though.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Triumph said:
Hyaku Shiki said:

Any ideas?
go to settings-unlock -pass ab121b - exit settings and click on a cover

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyaku Shiki said:
BlindDude said:
the usb powered WD drives dont spin down. I think its only the bigger ac adapter type.

Well I put my 500G into an external enclosure so then you mean mine would spin down?

Posts merged

QUOTE(admiralsfan @ Jun 3 2009, 09:39 PM) hey guys i have a question, which one should i use, the forwarder channel or the actual channel?

I would use the forwarder channel because then all you have to do is download the latest revision and change its name to boot.dol and save it in your forwarder folder.

The actual channel would be much more of a headache.

Well, I dont know about your drive spinning down Hyaku. I have put games on 5 WD passports,, the 2.5inch hdd all never spinning down.. I also have a 750g WD my book, with an ac adapter that DOES spin down. Just my experience..

And about the forwarder channel,,, if you use the original forwarder or one from my sig. you dont have to copy anything to your sd manually... Just go to settings and next to the star at the bottom is an update button. It downloads the most recent dol into whatever you have set in the settings for your update location(settings page3). If no path is found it downloads the dol to SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/ folder

srcdecay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
been a bit wonky for the past couple of days, but running 456 with CIOS10 and newest forwarder (not channel) from beginning of this thread and it's working flawlessly. let's hope waninkoko gets rev14 up soon and it has lots of nice fixes.
smile.gif

oh, bug report (maybe): before upgrading from 449 to 456 through the updater i wiped the config directory off my SD card "just in case." then when loading usbloader from the forwarder (after upgrading to 456), i'd get a blank white screen. in order for the forwarder to work again i had to go in to usbloader from the HBC so it'd make the config directory again, exited out, and the forwarder worked just fine afterwards.

nubecoder

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not quite sure why, but I tried to get the hand cursor to offset lower again and couldn't.
I'm using r456(.elf) and the only thing I've changed is the cIOS (from 9 to 12).
Like I said I'm not sure why I couldn't reproduce it again, maybe it only happens on certain games? (Not sure which it happened on.) Maybe it's related to cIOS? Dunno...
Anyway, r456 with cIOS 12 is working great (so far).
I've even verified that my GH:WT mic works (only time it's ever been used).
=]

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way we can take the new forwarder .wad and apply our own banners? It is definitely faster, I just have a consistent theme on all my channels, and want to keep it that way is possible...?

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrickyTony said:
Is there any way we can take the new forwarder .wad and apply our own banners? It is definitely faster, I just have a consistent theme on all my channels, and want to keep it that way is possible...?
Try wadder.net
smile.gif

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LowKeyEnergy said:
i had 448 running for a day or two . now it code dumps every time .

did you change anything since then ... did you upgrade to a newer cIOS?

QUOTE(TrickyTony @ Jun 4 2009, 05:49 AM) Is there any way we can take the new forwarder .wad and apply our own banners? It is definitely faster, I just have a consistent theme on all my channels, and want to keep it that way is possible...?
Ask NeoRame ... he's the channelmaster
smile.gif

jjplayground

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is have tried to play fifa 08 which the usb loader.
I did not succeed.
A friend told me this game is not running on the usb loader.

Is there a list of all games which are not working?

Thanx!

Other question: Are these games only not running on the USB Loader or on any usb loader?

Smiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone else updated to the very newest forwarder and found it crashes? any ideas please, not that it really matters now its just a cosmetic difference..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus all bios are set up and usually includes at least 128gbs or 64
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but if your main goal is just to play n64 and GameCube you can save about $50 and have the portability option
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but on 2 monitors at 4k. Its just want you want really, to each they own.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For a kids aspect Anbernic would be the better option they'd probably melt over the price on a good 4k display
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For that texasroo guy, I'd recommend the Spell and speak as his first system.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So they buy a pi5 kit for about $150 and say a 28" 4k display probably looking around $400 total
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll be getting in the territory of portable Pcs anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Again you get what you pay for, its like buying a S series for $300 but its only 1440p native, if you want true 4k, gotta get the X model for $500. But yea you right, when moms buying it anyways, you gotta stay cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They could use HD out on their TV no real need for a monitor these days tbh the purists will disagree
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm kind of phasing out on the need for wanting all these consoles cool to have but they just become dust build ups
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I here ya there, I have too many myself, and have hard time letting them go, since most of mine I've modded at some point. Anymore I just play Switch on the go, seriesx at home.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ack my throat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I need to invest in some storage totes tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tots?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tootles? Wtf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh totes , lol, like Tupperware storage, I gotcha
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm designing my own entertainment cabinet for my man cave, to store all my systems, then I'm also designing a power supply/HDMI switcher so I can switch to whichever system I want, and power it also. Already picked up the cabinet board, but tinkering with my drawings before start
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But yea, I have frogger arcade cabinet that I gutted and put a Pi4 then Pi5 into, but it never gets played much anymore, should sell it. Even when the kids come over, they don't want to play on it, just the xbox. TMNT and Simpson's arcade is still so fun on it, esp w 2 players.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gonna check out the new Garfield looks like garbage
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Can't wait to see the new "stick" that can actually play Ps3 or 360 games. I know they are getting close.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty didn't you see the new garfield?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah it's all animated I was hoping for some live action
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, yes i did
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, yes i did