• Likes 48

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I tried the new r829 with FAT support...
I have two 500Gb HD WD passport, one is wbfs formatted and the other one is FAT formatted and I use it with Configurable
Unfortunately, I have not been able to use the FAT HD neither with 249 nor with 222 cIOS configured as starting IOS...
at the loader startup I have black screen and wiimote off
am I making a mistake? Thanks a lot....

deakphreak

Spiffy Hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have updated my loader to the latest version today and noticed it has an option to download themes now. I am not sure if they are being parsed from my website or not, but if they are then I am willing to help out and make it easier to get them such as creating an xml feed or anything like that. I have added an option on the site to get adult themes as well but you must enable it on your profile. Maybe we can add an option to the wii settings as well and pass that information to the xml feed so it will show those themes. Anyway whoever is working on that portion of it, please let me know what you would like me to do and I can help out.

thewonderer73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great to see the FAT32 support being implemented so quickly. Thanks!

One question, with FAT32 support, is the main advantage other than Windows being able to see the harddrive partition..., the ease of copying the compressed images between drives and therefore keeping storage space to a minimum?

Will test build 831 tonight

PS, is there a chance you can update the opening first post with the new developments and info of the loader?

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
cambric said:
I tried the new r829 with FAT support...
I have two 500Gb HD WD passport, one is wbfs formatted and the other one is FAT formatted and I use it with Configurable
Unfortunately, I have not been able to use the FAT HD neither with 249 nor with 222 cIOS configured as starting IOS...
at the loader startup I have black screen and wiimote off
am I making a mistake? Thanks a lot....

I'm getting black screens on the latest builds too - even with a fresh SD card with no settings. I guess something is broken :S

Rolling back to R828 makes it work again.

Cyberxion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SenorClean said:
I'm getting black screens on the latest builds too - even with a fresh SD card with no settings. I guess something is broken :S

Same here. I thought it was my crappy, crappy hard drive at first, but then using an older version works just fine.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
r u guys trying the new version with a fat 32 hard drive?? Is the new version supposed to support both fat 32 and wbfs formatted hard drives?

I'm still running WBFS - so far as I know, it is supposed to support both.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
i think configurable usb loader has a different binary/dol for fat loading and for wbfs hard drive loading. Maybe its the same for usb loader gx.

So maybe try using the new usb loader gx version with a fat 32 hard drive. If it works this way, then we've narrowed down the problem to wbfs hard drive loading.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Good thought - though it black screens with no wiimote sync even with the hard drive disconnected. It also auto-updates to this version (which is a concern).

To test it out - I just loaded it up with a fat32 formatted flash drive. It still crashes.

Posts merged

Good thought - though it black screens with no wiimote sync even with the hard drive disconnected. It also auto-updates to this version (which is a concern).

To test it out - I just loaded it up with a fat32 formatted flash drive. It still crashes.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
build 831 black screens on every game.

CFG USB loader loads up the games fine though.

I'm using a FAT partition obviously
biggrin.gif

any idea why?

derrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
derrace said:
Hi all, this is a great thread. cheers for it.

Finally got the NSMB running via usb loader using the supplied dol(r827) and a unpatched iso.

Specs are as follows:

Wii Pal 3.2E
Wiikey 1.9

I got a few questions and am hoping someone can enlighten me:

1) I have downloaded USB Loader GX V 1.0.rar but used the dol to get NSMB running, is the above dol more current? how do I check what version my dol is (apart from the initial copy into the sd card)

2) SD card, is there a way to install the usb loader into the channel or the wii's hdd? I notice I have to have everything on the sd card (under apps) to run stuff under HBC. Would the forwarder+channel in the first page fix this?

3) in the readMii.txt,
The USB loader can load images and other info of the same usb device as where the games are stored on. To be able to use this function, you will need to make two partitions on the USB device. The partition for the images should have enough with 2GB. You can also make more partitions for other purposes.

I made 2 partitions, the first one being in FAT, and the 2nd in WBFS via the WBFS manager. How do I use the image partition? I managed to download 3d covers/ disc covers, etc but I dont see them in the 2GB Fat partition, am I doing anything wrong? I mean, after I downloaded them off wifi, I can see them in the loader channel, what is this partiton used for then?

4) atm, I am installing games via disc, as well as using the manager. I can see images and such in the manager, but they dont get ported over to the usbloader even when i specify the image partition.

5) Noticed a channel maker in the WBFS manager, does that create a channel that loads the game off the usbloader/hdd?

Thank you for your time.

Cheers.

D

P.S Great work guys, been away from the wii scene for a bit, heard all the great things about it, finally found some time to meddle with it, and it blew me away. Pretty forlorn at the start, information overload, but managed to get it running and such.. just some smaller issues to iron out.

erm, can someone please help me?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) I have downloaded USB Loader GX V 1.0.rar but used the dol to get NSMB running, is the above dol more current? how do I check what version my dol is (apart from the initial copy into the sd card)
Yes the above is more current.To check your version of gx loader go into the settings menu and look for the credits tab.In the upper right hand corner it will show the revision number and cios your using.

2) SD card, is there a way to install the usb loader into the channel or the wii's hdd? I notice I have to have everything on the sd card (under apps) to run stuff under HBC. Would the forwarder+channel in the first page fix this?Yes there is a channel wad available it will install the wiis internal memory.You can also run it from a usb hard drive that has a fat32 partition.

3) in the readMii.txt,
The USB loader can load images and other info of the same usb device as where the games are stored on. To be able to use this function, you will need to make two partitions on the USB device. The partition for the images should have enough with 2GB. You can also make more partitions for other purposes.

I made 2 partitions, the first one being in FAT, and the 2nd in WBFS via the WBFS manager. How do I use the image partition? I managed to download 3d covers/ disc covers, etc but I dont see them in the 2GB Fat partition, am I doing anything wrong? I mean, after I downloaded them off wifi, I can see them in the loader channel, what is this partiton used for then?You answered your own question.If you partiton a drive into two seperate drives then one partition will be fat32 and used for storing the images and can even store the dol files as well so it will elimate the need for an sd card.The other will be wbfs format used only for wii games.

4) atm, I am installing games via disc, as well as using the manager. I can see images and such in the manager, but they dont get ported over to the usbloader even when i specify the image partition.The images you see in the manager are just for that.If you want to use images inside the loader on the wii you need to download them.

5) Noticed a channel maker in the WBFS manager, does that create a channel that loads the game off the usbloader/hdd?YES

sean222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SenorClean said:

Exact same problem here, I see USB Loader GX logo booting up, then black screen and Wiimote off.
Experienced with r829, 830, and 831.
r828 and lower works.

derrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
icpmattj said:
Yes the above is more current.To check your version of gx loader go into the settings menu and look for the credits tab.In the upper right hand corner it will show the revision number and cios your using.

2) SD card, is there a way to install the usb loader into the channel or the wii's hdd? I notice I have to have everything on the sd card (under apps) to run stuff under HBC. Would the forwarder+channel in the first page fix this?Yes there is a channel wad available it will install the wiis internal memory.You can also run it from a usb hard drive that has a fat32 partition.

3) in the readMii.txt,

I made 2 partitions, the first one being in FAT, and the 2nd in WBFS via the WBFS manager. How do I use the image partition? I managed to download 3d covers/ disc covers, etc but I dont see them in the 2GB Fat partition, am I doing anything wrong? I mean, after I downloaded them off wifi, I can see them in the loader channel, what is this partiton used for then?You answered your own question.If you partiton a drive into two seperate drives then one partition will be fat32 and used for storing the images and can even store the dol files as well so it will elimate the need for an sd card.The other will be wbfs format used only for wii games.

4) atm, I am installing games via disc, as well as using the manager. I can see images and such in the manager, but they dont get ported over to the usbloader even when i specify the image partition.The images you see in the manager are just for that.If you want to use images inside the loader on the wii you need to download them.

5) Noticed a channel maker in the WBFS manager, does that create a channel that loads the game off the usbloader/hdd?YES

Hey, thanks for the reply! With regards to 2) and 3), does that mean I have to do the following?

Copy the usbloader + dol (everything from apps) and put it into the fat (the readmii said fat not fat32, does it matter?) partion of my usb drive?
install the usbloader forwarder/channel

Is it possible for the HBC to read dols off a "apps" folder in my usb hdd instead of a SD card?

Also, is it possible to run SNES9x and other emulators off the hdd instead of SD card or installing a channel (for a particular game)?

Thanks for the clarification!
D

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How's the FAT feature working for you people?
I had a WSR image for testing on my FAT partition (created with wbfs_file for so x). It gets detected but when clicking it I get "No disc found" or "Can't find disc" don't remember but when installing a game (Wii Play) through the laoder to the FAT partition it works. The installation has glitches though (doesn't show speed and remaining time, only percentage size and status bar).
Also works with .wbfs files created by wwt. Looks like this OS X build of wbfs_file is corrupt

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To all, it seems some of you people experience black screens, while some of you don't. I would suggest you contact us in our irc channel, if you're willing to help us out by testing applications.

Since revision 829 the default cios is changed to cios 222. So please make sure you have this cios installed. Selecting another global ios will still try to load 222, since we need one cios to read the configuration. If cios 222 is replaced by a stub, for instance, the application will blackscreen.

Anyway, let us know if you can help out (and you can if your version blackscreens).

The autoupdate version will be changed back to version 828.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right... +1