• Replies 29,379
  • Likes 48

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cobleman said:
I updated to 929 couldnt do a thing deleted the config file still nothing then i reinstalled 921 set it to boot from 222 then i reinstalled 929 left the config file and it works fine now

I will give this a try this evening.

Thanks

q9wert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
q9wert said:
it finds my gct now, but the problem with the 255 lines remains. it works fine with cfg usb loader, but i like usb loader gx better and would like to use that. also, the official brawl+ site recommends gx, so it has to work somehow...

im not sure GX has the new gecko engine to support Brawl+, might be wrong tho

could someone clear that up?

also, i couldnt install any wii games (on a fat32 partition, which is not the first partition , but it's "primary"), gave me an error: exception dsi occurred; stack dump
works fine in cfg usb loader, so it has to be an usb loader gx related problem.

q9wert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i updated the loader manually (updating through the loader said it was the current version even though it wasnt...), and ocarina seems to work now. but when i choose brawl it says the file size is gb and if i start it i get the "exception dsi occurred; stack dump; code dump" message

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
krunz said:
cheech794 said:
jake360 said:
xantam said:
Cyan said:
r923 to r927 are not working for me, on game selection the disc menu does not appear, the drive light is on, and nothing happen anymore.
After clicking a game on the list, I can't go back with B button either.
Other menus are working fine before clicking a game.

up to r921 it's working.
the problem is certainly starting from the 922 update, the one fixing ciosx, and converting C++ to C
(I'm using cIOS[38]v19, with FAT32+WBFS partition. Games are on WBFS, not FAT32)

Maybe I should delete the config, I'll try.
Edit : even after all the config files deleted, it's not working.

Same for me.

Wii 4.2E, cIOS[38]v18, WBFS only WD MyBook Premium.

cios17 hermes v5 wbfs work r 929 all ok cios18 19 no work

QUOTE(cobleman @ Apr 11 2010, 12:32 PM)
Same here again wont click onto a game all it does is make clicking sounds when you push A r927
4.1e cios249 rev 19 base 38.Hermes v4 222 / 223

same here
r929 dont work for me, wont let me choose a game,
just get the clicking noise when i press the A button in the game selection screen.
4.2e cios rev19 hermes v4 222/223

Ditto on that issue.
Receiving the same problem and I've pinpointed it to the game's music playing preview. If you go to sound and set Game Sound Volume to off, it will work flawlessly.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so if you kill the bannersounds, it lets you play games. can you go to the alt-dol menu without causing a crash? the 2 things use some of the same calls.

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
ok, so if you kill the bannersounds, it lets you play games. can you go to the alt-dol menu without causing a crash? the 2 things use some of the same calls.

@Pune

I was up until about 2am trouble shooting this stuff and I think I made some headway.

Tests Drives

1 USB2 Powered 500gig NTFS Only Drive Seagate
1 Samsung 1.5TB NTFS only on an EZ DOCK
1 USB2 Simpletech 500GIG drive 10 Gig Primary Fat32 and 455Gig NTFS

Cios's Used:
Wani's Cios rev 17
Hermes 202/60 222/38/37 223/60 V4
GX Loader from HBC R921, 929 and 899

Samsung Drive only works with r899
Seagate Drive would start loading game and freeze. If I enabled quickboot it would eventually display a sytem error that it could not read the disc and to power down the sytem (Headway)
Simpletech drive would never load the game but with quick boot enabled it would display the system error.

Tests Drives

1 USB2 Powered 500gig NTFS Only Drive Seagate
1 Samsung 1.5TB NTFS only on an EZ DOCK
1 USB2 Simpletech 500GIG drive 10 Gig Primary Fat32 and 455Gig NTFS

Cios's Used:
Wani's Cios rev 19
Hermes 202/57 222/57 223 224 V5 (Recommended install settings, its new so I forget the ios's
GX Loader from HBC R921, 929 and 899

Samsung Drive only works with r899
Seagate Drive would start loading game and freeze. If I enabled quickboot it would eventually display a sytem error that it could not read the disc and to power down the sytem (Headway)
Simpletech drive would never load the game but with quick boot enabled it would display the system error.

While the results were similiar hermes 223 would always freeze about 20 seconds in to the gx load.

Hopefully this info helps out. From what I was getting last night I was getting the feeling that the drive was unmounting or spinning down when it would try to load. I tried the GX load settings with cios 222, 223 and 249 with the same results.

Let me know if I can try anything out for you to help solve the problem. Whether it is with my hacked Wii's or a source code problem. It is important to note that r899 works without a problem running hermes v4 and wani's rev 17.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
If you mean setting Alternate DOL to Select a DOL, that also causes freezing. While the game sound usually freezes with the Wii's disc drive turning blue, when booting it after that it just freezes at a black screen with no activity sounds coming from the disc drive.

OnyLpJTRQR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
q9wert said:
are u using wiibackup manager? if so, u have to set "wii disc partition to keep" to "keep game partition only" in its settings. took me a whole day to find that when i had that problem;)

@pepxl: i put my .gct in the codes folder, but it cant find it... its the brawl+ rsbe01.gct. thats why i also need to know about the 256 line limit...
Nope that didn't work.

The game works perfectly fine with Configurable USB Loader though.
rolleyes.gif

jake360

Trophies
XP
Country
nice one spikey
smile.gif
r929 works spot on now if you turn off game sounds, hopefully it will get sorted and we'll have the game disc sound bite back in
cheers

jelmew

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hallo all. I have an bug to report aswell. Ever since r922 game loading under cios 223 and 224 stopped working, they just go to a black screen. On r919, this was still working. The problem isn't with the cios' s, because the same game does work under the same cios on a different loader (Uloader). Short summary:

Standards ios: 222.
When selecting 223 or 224, all games boot to a black screen.
Not an ios problem, other loaders do work with these.
Occured after updating to r922, still occurs on r929.
Didn't occur on r919
Ios223. Base 37, V5
Ios224 Base 57, V5
Oh, and an sidenote. When loading music games with ios222, the microphone does work to my astonishment, never worked before with this ios.

Hope this helps.

bigant262

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone help me real quck. I want to get the USB Loader GX channel, but I don't know how to do that, could someone give me instructions>?

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jelmew said:
Oh, and an sidenote. When loading music games with ios222, the microphone does work to my astonishment, never worked before with this ios.
Well, that makes sense. You'll need an ios 37 base for that...

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've been using USB Loader GX for a while, but I haven't updated anything since NSMBWii because I haven't really needed to. I'm trying to get Monster Hunter Tri working. Here's my current setup:

cIOS 249 rev... something. An old one. I believe 14? I don't really load many games with it.
cIOS 222/223/224 v5 set up with: 222 = 38, 223 = 37, 224 = 57.
USB Loader GX r929 with 222 as default
NTFS drive

Every game I've tried loads fine through cIOS 222. But any time I try to load a game through 223, it goes to a black screen. I'm not even sure what 224 as 57 is for, so I just left that alone. The one time I tried it no games would load either.

With cIOS 222 and default settings, I get a black screen + annoying beep when hitting "Begin Game" on Monster Hunter Tri.

So, does anyone have any idea why I can't load anything with 223/224 rev 5? And I tried loading MH3 with 223 rev 4, and I got the same result as I do with 222 rev5.

My other question is, what are the best cIOSes (versions and IOS base) to use with USB Loader GX? And what's a good default setting for 002 fix? I had it set to "Anti" because most things seemed to work with that, but what's ideal? Thanks.

EDIT: One other thing. Two of my games stopped working recently. I'm not sure when, but in some recent update. Guitar Hero Metallica and Little King's Story. They both work fine in Configurable USB Loader with no changes to IOSes.

jelmew

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
r-win said:
jelmew said:
Well, that makes sense. You'll need an ios 37 base for that...

It doesn't have an 37 base. Hermes ciosv5 takes only ios 38 as base. I have V5 and it didn't work before, so I'm baffled.

ZoneFighter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated to r929 today. Tried to copy my Netflix disk to the hard drive several times and the Wii froze to a screen with just the desktop background and the "hand" which won't move the background music continues to tinkle along. Tried a game disk and I get the same thing.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZoneFighter said:
Updated to r929 today. Tried to copy my Netflix disk to the hard drive several times and the Wii froze to a screen with just the desktop background and the "hand" which won't move the background music continues to tinkle along. Tried a game disk and I get the same thing.

Game installation stop working with rev 922 for me.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bula said:
ZoneFighter said:

Game installation stop working with rev 922 for me.
I haven't tried earlier revisions than 929, but I do also experience this same exact issue I discovered yesterday. With me it was attempting to install Endless Ocean: Blue World. I didn't try anything else yet, but I get the inkling that which game it is might not actually matter much.

EDIT: That is to say I've recently updated and haven't tried some of the recent revisions between what I was on and 929.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)