Trophies
Website
slicer74.ifrance.com
XP
Country
Canada
Dogway said:
I wanted to give it a second chance now that it reached v. 2.0
I put the folder in the apps directory and load it through homebrew. At startup it warns me about "HDD no wbfs/fat32/ntfs partition found". But IT IS wbfs, works like charm on cfg loader : P

This is a weird problem, I think CFG and GX are corrupting something in the HDD.
As for myself, each time I boot in GX, it works great, but when I return to CFG, it does not found my HDD. it's the exact opposite of you !!!
unsure.gif

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
I've installed everything correctly and it's game on, without any problems... Except for one little thing: how can I delete the old channel? :S I think I have to uninstall the wad file but I don't know where it is, maybe I deleted it... Is there any other way?

(btw, imo the 2.0 is much faster loading the games
tongue.gif
Black Ops loads almost instantly, while in 1.x it went dark, the TV says ''No signal'' for a while and then the games pops out... WEIRDO xD)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dogway said:
I wanted to give it a second chance now that it reached v. 2.0
I put the folder in the apps directory and load it through homebrew. At startup it warns me about "HDD no wbfs/fat32/ntfs partition found". But IT IS wbfs, works like charm on cfg loader : P
Maybe because you have multiple partitions, and GX don't know which one you want to use, so you have to select one manually.
There's a button to select the partition on that window.

@Goten :
To delete the channel, you need the Channel Wad, and use a backup Manager to uninstall it.
the channel wad is available here : http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/downloads/list
Use any version, you just need to have the wad listed on your backup manager to uninstall it.

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
Maybe because you have multiple partitions, and GX don't know which one you want to use, so you have to select one manually.
Single WBFS partition (formatted with WiiBackupManager), I also think as someone pointed out, that CFG or GX "make" the HDD of its own or something...

roysolid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hi i all ready hack new wii 4.2u with cios21 but when try
ios58-installer
it hangs in initialization network .......then after some time this appears "unable to initialize network (error II-116)"

so what's the problem my network is fin is

I need ios58-installer for usb-gx 2.0

kdog4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
hey guys, I need help with my usb loader GX .... I have reached so far the 500 games and doesn't load more games, I still have 1 TERA of free space .... does the loader support only up to 500 games and no more than that ...

Thanks

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not the loader limit, it's your WBFS partition Physical limit.
It's because the physical sector size of a drive is 512 bytes.
WBFS use each of the 500 bytes to store the available gameID in the first sector.
games are stored starting from sector2.

To store more than 500 games, either use NTFS or FAT32, or format WBFS with a virtual sector size >512, by using multiple hdd sectors as WBFS TOC, or use a new hard drive with 4k sector size (4096 = 4084 games).
note : Formating will delete all your games.
Note2 : virtual Sector size >512 is currently not supported by USBLoaderGX.

tW34k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi.

It recently came to my attention that version 2 was out so I thought I would check it out. I ran the .dol from the HBC and it worked fine. However, I use preloader to automatically boot the default .dol on the root of my SD card which previously and still is an old version of usb loader gx and now preloader doesn't allow me to install the boot.dol of version 2 which I downloaded. I get an error, a black screen which reads out some kind of data dump.

Has anyone experienced this before? I would appreciate some information on this matter.

Thanks in advance,
Patrik.

kdog4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Cyan said:
WBFS use each of the 500 bytes to store the available gameID in the first sector.

To store more than 500 games, either use NTFS or FAT32, or format WBFS with a virtual sector size >512, by using multiple hdd sectors as WBFS TOC, or use a new hard drive with 4k sector size (4096 = 4084 games).

What should I do ..... without formatting the HDD I don't wanna lose the games already loaded ....... help .... or guide me through ...

thanks

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:

Cyan...

When I started suggesting in the forums the new Seagate 3tb drives would work that way because of the 4k sector size that was from theory, not practical application. As far as I know it's not been tested to work yet. Wii Backup Manager doesn't format it properly but I was told that the next release would support dynamic sector size when formatting a WBFS drive (where the sector size is actually retrieved from the drive, NOT hard coded at 512b like it is with FAT32 and NTFS)..

Once I can actually get the drive formatted WBFS and add games to it with Wii Backup Manager I'll fill it up and run some tests
smile.gif
- Then it will be up to the USB loader and whether or not it supports dynamic sector size in WBFS.

Edit: I want to clarify something here. We are NOT talking about "virtual sector size" with these seatgate drives but an ACTUAL sector size of 4k. Virtual sector size is something different that would let you "fool" wbfs so you could store more than 500 games on a smaller drive. WBFS should detect the ACTUAL sector size of 4k and simply work
smile.gif

Droskies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have just freshly moded an old wii updated from 3.2u to 4.2u and put the usb loader gx v2.0 on there but the only thing i cant seem to figure out is the theme, i have the first usb loader gx on my wii and i know that all i have to do is to make the folder on the root of the sd for the loader and then set the file path in the setting of the loader and bam its done but i try the same thing with the new version on the other wii and it just doesnt work, is there a different way of doing the themes now for v2.0 ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
V2 don't use 1 folder per theme anymore.
All the them config files (now xxxxxx.them, instead of xxx.cfg) are stored in the same "theme base" folder, and are listed on the theme selection menu. (menu is currently in the "user path" menu.

apps/
blank.gif
+usbloader_gx/
blank.gif
blank.gif
+theme/ (theme base folder is here by default)
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
- abc.them
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
- def.them
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
+abc/
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
-background.png

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3tb seagate works as expected - The new Wii backup manager sees it as an actual 4k sector size disk and formats it WBFS accordingly meaning no 500 game limit
smile.gif

There are a couple of drawbacks but it seems to be working as expected.

CFG Loader v.63 works seamlessly with it however USB loader GX 2.0 simply counts down
frown.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dimok started to work on the compatibility for WBFS sectors >512, but it seems there are few bugs in libwbfs, so he will have to fix that first.

@kdog4ever :
There are not a lot of things you can do :
•use a FAT32 HDD
•use a NTFS HDD
•use a multi-partition WBFS on the same HDD.
To do that : You will have to move your games to another HDD, partition your drive (around 800Go per partition should be good to match 500 Games without loosing to much spaces), reformat each partition to WBFS, set USBLoaderGX to read 1 partition at a time.

But if you have to transfer all your games to another HDD, you just better use NTFS.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
The 3tb seagate works as expected - The new Wii backup manager sees it as an actual 4k sector size disk and formats it WBFS accordingly meaning no 500 game limit
smile.gif

There are a couple of drawbacks but it seems to be working as expected.

CFG Loader v.63 works seamlessly with it however USB loader GX 2.0 simply counts down
frown.gif

The fact that it works amazes me because physical sector size other than 512 byte should not be supported by any of the current wii implementations of the usb handle. 4096 might be an exceptional sector size here. Even if read access works, i would not do a write attempt if i were you. The wii handle only write 512 bytes per sector and you will have a lot of sectors where you could write 4096 bytes to they will only hold 512 bytes wasting space.

Anyway if it works on CFG Loader than it will work on GX. Can you come for debugging with it to the IRC channel, to find the root of the problem.

Virtual sector sizes other than 512 bytes are not supported by any usb loader currently as far as I know.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The standard libogc usbstorage implementation supports arbitrary sector sizes, so if it was copied properly into the cioses there should be no problem. The 512 byte limitation is only in the filesystem libraries like libfat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: The guy holding the sign always cracked me up