Mulsiphix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.Talislanta.com
XP
Country
United States
My Wii has been successfully modded for about six months. I have never had a single issue with any of my controllers, not even with GxEmunand or Neek 2.0. I have just purchased four controllers off of eBay, from three separate sources. Two controllers were manufactured in 2006 (FCC ID: POO-WC45) and two from September 2011 (FCC ID: BKERVL036). All of these controllers seem to work fine in the handful of homebrew apps I've tested them in. But when it comes to USB Loader GX the controllers are acting up.

They started off working in the menus, but when the game started they would turn off. If I pressed a button to activate them they would blink for awhile but then stop. While in game if I reconnect my wiimotes using the Wii Menu they will operate in that game. But when I leave the game they turn off. Now none of them work in the menus. Sometimes they will work in a game they have been reconnected to in the past. Most of the time they turn off when I launch a game.

I used Update to make sure USB Loader GX is the latest version. Am I doing something wrong? I don't know why the existing four wiimotes would work flawlessly but these new ones would give me trouble. Any ideas?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wiinermario : thanks for confirming.
I will look at the sources, but I don't have an adapter to test myself so I will have to depend on you to do some tests (if needed).

mulsiphix:
I'm sorry that you have wiimotes not working correctly :(
the loader is using the latest Libogc, which supports WiiMote+
there's no specific code to support wiimote in the loader, all the support is done in libogc. I don't know why it works with other homebrew but not with this loader.
I know classic controllers from third party have issues and there's a way to fix it. Maybe these particular wiimote manufacturer needs a fix too.

You correctly synch'd the wiimote with the red button while being on system menu before using them?
You can keep a specific number of wiimote (4 + 1 balance board). If you synch more wiimote, it deletes the oldest registered MAC, so take attention that you have all your wiimote correctly synch before launching a game.

Mulsiphix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.Talislanta.com
XP
Country
United States
mulsiphix:
I'm sorry that you have wiimotes not working correctly :(
the loader is using the latest Libogc, which supports WiiMote+
there's no specific code to support wiimote in the loader, all the support is done in libogc. I don't know why it works with other homebrew but not with this loader.
I know classic controllers from third party have issues and there's a way to fix it. Maybe these particular wiimote manufacturer needs a fix too.

You correctly synch'd the wiimote with the red button while being on system menu before using them?
You can keep a specific number of wiimote (8 I think, + 1 balance board). If you synch more wiimote, it deletes the oldest registered MAC, so take attention that you have all your wiimote correctly synch before launching a game.
Thank you Cyan. I needed to make sure this wasn't a USB Loader GX issue. My wife was wondering if there was a maximum amount of wiimotes a Wii could remember. Doing a search on the net it looks like the max is 4. I think this is accurate as after I would synch one of these new Wiimotes in the Wii menu, I would have to resync one of my existing (not newly purchased) wiimotes back to the system with the red buttons.

You said correctly sync. Is there a proper way to sync them with the red buttons? I usually press the red buttons on both a few seconds until it finally syncs. I just purchased a second wii which should arrive in the mail soon. When I mod that I will sync these four new wiimotes to this system and see if the problem persists there. Thank you very much for your help :lol:.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried to find the exact number of synced wiimote stored on Wii. I thought it was 8+1, but it looks like it's 4+1
if you add more wiimote, it delete the old wiimote (the "+1" which is reserved for balance board shouldn't be pushed if I remember correctly what I read long ago)

When I said properly synch, I meant by using the red button, not just pressing 1+2 button on the wiimote re-order screen.
Sorry than I can't help you more with these new wiimotes.
I don't know a lot of things, I'm not very active in wii development and don't know what other projects are capable off. If anyone knows how to fix new wiimote, let me know.

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does it mean when I can see my games but clicking on them does nothing? I get the little boop sound for clicking on them and nothing happens, I can click thousands of times.

Games work in other loaders, same directories and all.

Edit: Update seemed to fix that but where did all my wii games go? only one is showing up. I don't have any display filters or anything set up.

Edit: Nevermind.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
r52 : port0 (top rear). Working
r53 : port0 + port1 is reported as not working (no proper tests done?), port1 alone (bottom rear) or port2+port3 ?
I'm using d2x-v10-vWii-alt on port1, and it doesn't work. Alt version supossely add support for both ports.
I'm booting ULGX with IOS58, the app load just fine, I'm using d2x-v10-vWii-alt as game IOS (249[56], 250[57]) but at the moment to select a game ULGX freezes.

I would test some version if you want.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It freezes when reloading the cIOS before launching the game?
Maybe because you have two HDD connected.

I don't know how it really works, but I think IOS58 is messing everything when using two HDD. (I never tested it, and it wasn't meant to use two HDD without d2x)
IOS58 is mounting USB Port in reversed order, so port1 then port0.
usb1:/ is located on Port1

when you reload cIOS and launch a game, usb1:/ is now located on port0.
I don't know if it's the freeze cause, or if something else is happening.

Did you try the exact same setup on Wii?
Two HDD, Wii game on port1, game d2x r53, loader IOS58 ?

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just did some tests and I have the exact same results as WiinerMario regarding the Nintendont crashing.

If any HID controllers are connected, v3.303 and up will crash on Autoboot no matter what, with the "nanGB, Sector size: -1" message in Nintendont. This is with one drive attached, two drives attached, no drives attached, whatever. It will always crash. If you disconnect the controller before launching Nintendont, no crash.

Cyan, I know you said you didn't have a GC adapter to test, but this crash happens for any HID controller. Crashed for me on DS3 so if you have that, there's a test opportunity.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It freezes when reloading the cIOS before launching the game?
Maybe because you have two HDD connected.
It boot just fine using IOS58, it freezes after loading a game (which reloads d2x base 56).

I don't know how it really works, but I think IOS58 is messing everything when using two HDD. (I never tested it, and it wasn't meant to use two HDD without d2x)
IOS58 is mounting USB Port in reversed order, so port1 then port0.
usb1:/ is located on Port1
I have installed d2x on 251 base 58, maybe I should try that?

when you reload cIOS and launch a game, usb1:/ is now located on port0.
I don't know if it's the freeze cause, or if something else is happening.
Yeah I though that, but the problem persist if I boot ULGX with a base 56/57 cIOS, it's even worse as it fails to recognize my HDD. So far only clean IOS58 is able to recognize my HDD on the non default port (not tried d2x with base 58 though).

Did you try the exact same setup on Wii?
Two HDD, Wii game on port1, game d2x r53, loader IOS58 ?
Don't have my Wii anymore, I just used 1 HDD at that time though, also never used the alt versions on my Wii, always booted everything using port0, is just this Wii U formatted device is messing all the things =/

EDIT: I manage to run most of my Wii games off cIOS251 (d2x-alt-vWii base 58) including Modern Warfare 3 (yay!), I've read base 58 had bad compatibility, but during my testings it it has good compatibility (?)(including games that only works with base 57), only thing missing is emuNAND but since I run my WiiWares/VC from the SD menu, I don't loose anything. I've also noticed it's slightly slower when loading banners, but it's it.

anon3536

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so does anyone know how to get the just dance games to run on the emunand function in usblgx, i have tried both 2014 and 2015 and neither work, the furthest i think i managed to get once was to the banner screen on 2015 then it said reading from disc and thats about all it does ever and any other time it just does the reading disc on boot, id like to get it to work on emunand so i can install all the songs from online at once so my little cousin can choose them without having to delete/download them

EDIT: im on a wii u

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Some games doesn't work with emuNAND. Maybe these games are not working.

I need someone who had r1235 issue (text issue, weird menu behavior, etc) to test r1242 before I release it.
I want to know if something is wrong, as I didn't have any issue with 1235 myself it's hard to tell.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Some games doesn't work with emuNAND. Maybe these games are not working.

I need someone who had r1235 issue (text issue, weird menu behavior, etc) to test r1242 before I release it.
I want to know if something is wrong, as I didn't have any issue with 1235 myself it's hard to tell.
I's be glad to test it for ya, where's the link? :)

btw I been meaning to ask you, I know it's called USB-Loader GX but can I load Wii games from USB with USBLGX? I remember trying this a couple of years ago with no luck, maybe I did something wrong? I can however run Gamecube and EmuNAND games from SD no problem, though I prefer to use USB anyway!

Edit: also how about adding an option to enable or disable GC bios per game? I think it's safe now to assume there are no plans to implement this on Nintendont so maybe you can do it like I suggested before in which by disabling the bios USBLGX either renames the file temporarily or moves it to a different folder, or perhaps deletes it altogether while making sure you have a back up on a separate folder, just a suggestion, might be useful with PAL games in particular for they're known to have issue, though I can always just delete the PAL bios, I only have two PAL GC games anyway!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think you meant "SD", not USB ;)
I often reply to this question, and it's "I will see what I can do" to support launching Wii games disc based from SD.

I don't know if there will be a setting in nintendont to enable/disable the BIOS (I have access to nintendont, but won't do it myself).
I prefer a clean setting than a copy/delete/move file function. but it can be done.
What I don't understand is : does it really need to be disabled? If a lot of games suffered from the use of the BIOS, wouldn't nintendont already include an option to disable it?
If there's no official setting, isn't it because the feature is stable now?

If not stable, then I don't see why there wouldn't be an official setting.

I'll send you the link to my beta test.

Reactions: Magnus87

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan it IS stable, though running PAL games can cause some issues unless you change the settings with the video, the thing is, Nintendont and USBLGX use totally different video settings from what I can tell but they do work if you set certain games.

Now the biggest issue with bios is if you run a game with a different region, say if you have a Japanese game (maybe an inject or some demo/proto) but you name the folder to something different like [RSLE01] for example, this used to work fine before the implementation of bios but now you have to hex edit the game to get it to work, otherwise demo games and N64 injects for example will not work because the original game ID has "S" which Nintendont thinks is PAL, it's just a good alternate to have the option, can also help me reinstall my protos as side discs (disc2) in my original folders regardless of the region, like I said it's a minor thing but it can help a lot if there was an option.

What I don't understand is, now that one of the options were removed in the settings, wouldn't it make sense to implement another option like this instead?

And yes, I meant to say "SD" yeah I just wanted a confirmation if I did something wrong or if it really doesn't run games off SD, if it works then that would be cool but it's not necessary.

I don't think Fix94 would like it if someone else messes with Nintendont, he's a good programmer but damn does he have a tight personality, he finally fixed the last 3 remaining Sonic games but he now really hates anything associated with Sonic, talk about taking it personal XD

Anyway, good work and good luck, USB-Loader GX is my all time fave loader on the Wii, keep up the good work, man ;)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Video mode should work the same way.
it's set to auto by default to let nintendont detect and use its own video mode. (but the loader is still setting the video mode properly, based on the selected game -> region, interlace, etc.)
There are maybe still some differences and incompatibilities?
Examples would be appreciated. (if a specific video setting in nintendont doesn't act the same way as the same specific video setting in usbgx, not when using Auto)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh noes!, sonictopfan discovered this thread, abandon ship! :P
Did I miss the joke? I don't get it :huh:

I been checking this thread for a long time, been reporting bugs and doing testing, you know just because a "certain" user hates my guts doesn't make me a bad non-useful person, I helped a lot in Dios Mios too and been doing all kinds of testing and get early betas for testing, this same person hates Sonic so it's obvious he has issues with me.

Reactions: Troopage

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Did I miss the joke? I don't get it :huh:

I been checking this thread for a long time, been reporting bugs and doing testing, you know just because a "certain" user hates my guts doesn't make me a bad non-useful person, I helped a lot in Dios Mios too and been doing all kinds of testing and get early betas for testing, this same person hates Sonic so it's obvious he has issues with me.

I know you aren't a bad person, just was making fun of your dedication on Sonic games, don't take it in a bad way I actually find you are a useful user, very dedicated a passionated, that's all good in my book :P

EDIT: Oh, and I like Sonic lol

Reactions: Troopage

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWb8Lb89dzg