Hacking USB Vista problem -.-

zeldafn333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using my toshiba 320gig HDD fine on the wii. I formatted it using the USB loader, installed all my games, and have been doing fine with it.

Now I have an ISO on my computer. I've been trying to use many GUIs and tools to be able to read the partition that is WBFS on the HDD. Everyone I have tried so far can not read the partition. Do I have to reformat, or am I missing some technique or something.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have to say, that I had problems with the recognition of my hd on my vista-pc and I thought I was making something wrong. I tried several wbfs-programs but all with the same result. Then I used my xp-pc and everything worked right away! I heard, that other people experienced the same thing vise versa and I still don`t know what is causing this problem...

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm having the same problem, Vista thinks the partition is unallocated, and when I format with Vista, the Wii doesn't recognize it. XP doesn't work either BTW.

zeldafn333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Egonny said:
I'm having the same problem, Vista thinks the partition is unallocated, and when I format with Vista, the Wii doesn't recognize it. XP doesn't work either BTW.
Using Alex's GUI, It tells me that it is unreadable and shouldn't be opened at the time.
I used the wii to format it and not the program if that has anything to do with it

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the hdd show up with a drive letter in "computer"?
If not then you need to get the computer to recognize your drive.
(There are directions for this in other threads. I don't remember how.)
If it does show up you are probably having issues with UAC.
Have you tried running as administrator?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vista sees my drive just fine even assigns its a drive letter even though you cant acess the drive through windows because if i click on the drive it will ask me to format it everytime.

Im using wbfs manager 2.2.1

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
In my case, Vista doesn't assign the partition a drive letter, though it does recognize the other partition.
With XP formatting works fine, but when I add games they don't show up at the USB Loader.
@icpmattj: While installing WBFS Manager, my anti-virus reports me that a virus is being installed!

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use vista myself, at first i was having problems in Vista with all the GUI's, But i started running the GUI's as Admin and never had a problem since

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Egonny said:
In my case, Vista doesn't assign the partition a drive letter, though it does recognize the other partition.
With XP formatting works fine, but when I add games they don't show up at the USB Loader.
@icpmattj: While installing WBFS Manager, my anti-virus reports me that a virus is being installed!
What antivirus is reporting it as a virus?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBlaster said:
i use vista myself, at first i was having problems in Vista with all the GUI's, But i started running the GUI's as Admin and never had a problem since

Don't have an exteranl drive myself, but maybe some of you peeps should try this.

I did sometimes have problems with some application on Vista, but now I've set everything to run as Admin, and I never seem to get a problem. Can others confirm running as Admin fixes the problem.

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disable UAC - user account control.

go into Control panel ---> User Accounts (might have to go into it twice by click user accounts again) ---- > Turn off User account control

also you might want to get EASEUS Partition Master 3.5 Unlimited Edition to help you manage the drive.

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
icpmattj said:
Egonny said:

Kaspersky Internet Security

Slimmmmmm said:
QUOTE(WiiBlaster @ Apr 20 2009, 05:09 PM)

Don't have an exteranl drive myself, but maybe some of you peeps should try this.

I did sometimes have problems with some application on Vista, but now I've set everything to run as Admin, and I never seem to get a problem. Can others confirm running as Admin fixes the problem.
Running as Admin doesn't work for me since the partition doesn't get a drive letter and when I format it with my PC, the Wii doesn't recognize it.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Egonny said:
icpmattj said:
Egonny said:

Kaspersky Internet Security

Slimmmmmm said:
QUOTE(WiiBlaster @ Apr 20 2009, 05:09 PM)

Running as Admin doesn't work for me since the partition doesn't get a drive letter and when I format it with my PC, the Wii doesn't recognize it.

How are you formatting it on your pc? fat32 ?

Try doing it fat32 through windows.
then use a GUI to format it to wbfs then see if the wii finds it.
or format it to fat32 and then take it directly to the wii.( I know you said wii doesnt see it this way though)

It could be that its not compatiable with the usb loader thats why the wii wont see it.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
zeldafn333 said:
Running as Admin worked -.-
Thanks

Thanks for confirming
biggrin.gif

So it seems as long as your HDD is compatible, disable UAC and run as Admin and all is good
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2