The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Today has been a great day so far...This bargain/thrift store whose owner I know personally is becoming really popular. So I asked if I could help out, and the owner said I could work the register from 4 to 8 PM on Thursdays and Saturdays (It's not a lot of hours in, but it's still some side money for games and stuff)...I'm getting paid about $7.50 an hour, so that's about $60 for those 2 days, and since it's all under-the-table, I don't get a tax deduction. Anyways, on to the other good part.

While I was there today, taking an inventory of toys, appliances, and furniture, I stumbled upon a case that said Game Gear. I was thinking, "Hmm, what's Game Gear?" and then I realized, "OHH!! That's a case for the old handheld thing by Sega that no one liked..." I picked up the case, opened it, and saw that a fully in-tact Game Gear was in there, along with Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Home Alone. I then proceeded to ask my boss how much she wanted for it, and she said $3.50, but all I had was a five, and she didn't want to go through the process of cashing my five and giving change, so she just said take it.

When I got home, I replaced the batteries, put in Sonic 2, and turned it on. It was just a black screen, but then I realized that I had the brightness turned all the way down, so I turned the dial, and it works perfectly...No control problems, no audio/video problems, etc. I guess I got kind of lucky today. Also, I know it's not the best thing I could have gotten, but they also had an SNES with all cords, Super Mario World, and one controller for $33 (I'm going to save up and buy it), and an original Gameboy (It's $11, so I'll probably pick that up eventually, too).

tl;dr version: I got a free Sega Game Gear, it works perfectly, and I also found an SNES ($33) and Gameboy (Original, $11) that I'm going to buy soon.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice
smile.gif
Get a Mains Adapter! Those things eat batteries like you wouldn't believe

Forstride

OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I just read about the bad battery life. I'm probably not going to play it often (I'll probably only play it at all while showing it to friends), since I mainly wanted it for my video game collection.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice! I've got a Game Gear myself, I really like them. Crap battery life but some really good games and it's basically a portable Master System. Get your hands on a Master System converter if you can, they're pretty cheap and it opens a pretty big library of decent games. It makes it a bit bulky but as you won't be carrying it around it won't matter too much.

Forstride

OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
primenay13 said:
Great old systems. you should keep them and a long time from now they will be worth more.

I don't plan on selling them...
wink.gif

I just rearranged my open closet in my room to be my little game collection area...I'll have a pic up of my current collection/game room (Well, in this case, game closet) in a little bit (I have a few plushies, toys, and other collectible things as well as systems and games set up).

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've founded a SNES on a flea market for €5,-. The cable to the tv was broken, repair €5,-. Total costs €10,-. I sold it for €40,- on the internet.

Forstride

OP
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, I bought the SNES today, and to my disappointment, there was no power cord. I found a cheap one on eBay ($11...I was hoping to find a cheaper one), and I'm hoping my mom will let me use her credit card to buy it, and hopefully 1 game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Similar to FOX Kids. I remember when Sonic X aired.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the latin american fox feed doesnt air news, it airs movies and tv shows
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna watch gintama for the first time
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, I always turn the lights up on those lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two studio lights for one horror game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Couch casting for horror
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Couch casting for horror