Homebrew WAD Manager 1.4 Enhanced Mod

Fat Cow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone else experience very slow installing speed?

Today I tried to install a 30mb VC game and it took like a few minutes, I almost thought it crashed. But before I was using version 1.31 installing OoT VC which is 44mb and it didn't take nearly as long.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
cybrstudd said:
Ok, I modified Sorg's code slightly to remove the disclaimer and automatically load the /wad folder after device selection. All the credit still goes to all those who modified it before me, as these changes were literally a couple lines of code.

I also included an animated channel in the folder as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/?io5jmmdjbzy

I made my own version based on this last mod (Sorg one is no more available it seems).
This simply adds readahead cache support in libfat to greatly improve SD reading speed (maybe USB also, I could not test) and therefore WAD installation times.
Patched libfat (precompiled) is included for further development (see /includes and /lib directories).
I didn't include any channel WAD for this because of the obvious legality issues.
I also think the disclaimer should NOT be removed by respect to the original dev so I replace it as it should.

Here you go.

sorgelig

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
QUOTE said:
Skin Sleeve Case for Sony Vaio P-Series
what u mean? both me and my mod are available
smile.gif

QUOTEPatched libfat (precompiled) is included for further development (see /includes and /lib directories).
can you upload source code of patched libfat (or, it's better patch files)? I've tried to find cache patch before, but didn't find. Only one strange source code based on very old libfat which is too different to apply to latest version of libfat.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Jacobeian said:
cybrstudd said:
Ok, I modified Sorg's code slightly to remove the disclaimer and automatically load the /wad folder after device selection. All the credit still goes to all those who modified it before me, as these changes were literally a couple lines of code.

I made my own version based on this last mod (Sorg one is no more available it seems).
This simply adds readahead cache support in libfat to greatly improve SD reading speed (maybe USB also, I could not test) and therefore WAD installation times.
Patched libfat (precompiled) is included for further development (see /includes and /lib directories).
I didn't include any channel WAD for this because of the obvious legality issues.
I also think the disclaimer should NOT be removed by respect to the original dev so I replace it as it should.

Here you go.

Does your mod still include folder selection? I am using my USB hdd to install wads now and it does take more than a minute to install larger wads I wonder if this will improve the installation time..

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
can you upload source code of patched libfat (or, it's better patch files)? I've tried to find cache patch before, but didn't find. Only one strange source code based on very old libfat which is too different to apply to latest version of libfat.

sorry, I don't have it, i simply took this one from emulators download links (snes9x or genplus, don't remember), and it was only in precompiled form
rodries should have it I think, or maybe those emulator authors

QUOTEDoes your mod still include folder selection? I am using my USB hdd to install wads now and it does take more than a minute to install larger wads I wonder if this will improve the installation time..
I said it was based on the latest mods, so yes...
however, I'm not sure if the read-ahead cache patch does improve USB access speed, I only tested with SD and that was damn faster

Shonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are installing a full 20 pages worth of wads to the nand then moving over to sd
like i am that disclaimer really annoys

any chance of doing one without it plz

Jacobeian said:
cybrstudd said:

Here you go.

sorgelig

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
There are many noobs who don't read any readme or other cautions written in topic before use.
So, disclaimer at the beginning as the last chanse for them to read and think what are they going to do.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:

On that note, the patch has finally been included in libfat SVN repository. You can check the source here.

grayfox77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bnm81002 said:
I get a ret = -1 error when mounting device "Wii SD Slot", what is the problem? what can I do to solve the error? thanks

I have exactly the same problem in all versions available in this post, but with the original Waninkoko 1.4 I can read perfectly the sd. Probably is there any problem with the SDHC support? (because I have this problem with a 4Gb card).

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
cybrstudd said:

Here you go.

Is it possible to make this app remember IOS choice? It's great as it is, but I always have to change IOS to 36 (dunno why, maybe it's bcuz I have modchip). Any way to make it stick?

jd506

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorgelig said:
There are many noobs who don't read any readme or other cautions written in topic before use.
So, disclaimer at the beginning as the last chanse for them to read and think what are they going to do.

How do you think that making people press 'A' is going to stop them from
from doing something harmful.

Please take it out.

I'll be using cybr's mod without the disclaimer, thanks cybr.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using cybr's mod too. You can insert 10 disclaimers and they will still be ignored by everyone, especially noobs.

buvk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jacobeian said:
cybrstudd said:

Here you go.

hello, i have taken this version and removed the disclaimer since i know lots of people do not want it... source has been included...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mnfmmmzyd50

Leodido

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
thank you guys
smile.gif

This app is really nice to install wads, but I was wondering if someone could tell me which app to use to uninstall them?
I used any title deleter but it actually deletes everything it finds
frown.gif

buvk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Leodido said:
thank you guys
smile.gif

This app is really nice to install wads, but I was wondering if someone could tell me which app to use to uninstall them?
I used any title deleter but it actually deletes everything it finds
frown.gif

this app installs and uninstalls wads... when you select your wad, by default it will want to install, but i believe if you hit right, it will then select uninstall
and what version of anytitle deleter gave you problems? i use both anytitle deleter mod and anytitle deleter db and ive never had any issues

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3