Hacking Wall-E (USA) non-standard ISO size ?

Lazycus

Rotten
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, everyone knows that a standard Wii ISO should be 4,699,979,776 bytes. This is the case with the STRANGE release of Wall-E (USA). If you burn this release it will start up correctly and everything will look fine until you choose to play a 'NEW GAME'. At that point it will go to a loading screen which scrolls some hints at the bottom of the screen. The problem is that it will never finish loading and the code appears to loop and it just sits there. I thought: "OK, it's just a bad rip". Just yesterday there was an independent release of Wall-E (USA) onto a.b.g.wii. This release is a little bit larger at 4,700,307,456 bytes. It matches the STRANGE release exactly for the first 4,699,979,776 bytes and then has the additional 327,680 bytes. This release works perfectly. My speculation is that the STRANGE group is using a Wii disc ripper that is coded to stop after reading the standard size Wii ISO and that the independent releaser is using an LG drive or some other ripper that gets all of the ISO.

Is the Wall-E (PAL) release the standard size or is it larger as well?

Has anyone seen any other releases that were larger than the standard size?

Perhaps the STRANGE group could release a patch with the additional 327,680 bytes?

Lazycus

Rotten
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Of course the additional 320K has valid data in it (not filled with high or low values). That's why this release works and the original release doesn't. I've never seen any Wii disc with data written that far out before. Strange indeed.

Lazycus

Rotten
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to 1UP for releasing the proper size ISO.
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +1