Hacking Waninkoko's 4.1 SM updater

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
SifJar said:
this is completely pointless. the only title that changed in this update is the system menu. no IOS where touched, so if you have 4.0 with trucha IOS, just hit the update button in wii settings. then you definetly wont brick unless you lose power and you can still use any homebrew.

You do know that Nintendo updates your IOS's too? Not just your system menu?

That's exactly why some people have the Nintendo updater thing saying they're out of date when they used Waninkoko's 4.0 updater.

But the only change from 4.0 to 4.1 was the System Menu. Therefore doing a WiFi update won't install any new IOS's for someone already on 4.0

pm_41

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Finished the install. Worked great!
biggrin.gif

Now we need some Preloader hacks and .mym themes for 4.1!
tongue.gif

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
s3phir0th115 said:
SifJar said:
this is completely pointless. the only title that changed in this update is the system menu. no IOS where touched, so if you have 4.0 with trucha IOS, just hit the update button in wii settings. then you definetly wont brick unless you lose power and you can still use any homebrew.

You do know that Nintendo updates your IOS's too? Not just your system menu?

That's exactly why some people have the Nintendo updater thing saying they're out of date when they used Waninkoko's 4.0 updater.

But the only change from 4.0 to 4.1 was the System Menu. Therefore doing a WiFi update won't install any new IOS's for someone already on 4.0

Yes, but many people updated with Waninkoko's tool. I'm just saying that if you updated through Nintendo if you used Waninkoko's 4.0 updater previously, you would also have IOS updates.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
speighty said:
At the moment is there any point in updating, will the pal wii sports resort need the update, what currently does not work.

On 4.0, any time you play Wiiware/VC from sd, Wii Sports Resort will force you to watch the 3 minute MotionPlus video again before allowing you to play the game. This is fixed in 4.1.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emupaul said:
tried to update with this installer -1036 error after trying to apply the 4.1 system menu. I guess i'm stuck on 3.4u for a while longer.

same here :/

Wiikey chipped 3.2e wii with manually installed IOS's 37,38,53,55 and dvdx (patchmii install, with obiviously patmii installed b4 hand as per instauctions). Bootmii is installed as boot2 and nand backed up and HBC is the latest.

help

edit.... 796 blocks open

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k, thx wiiman. I won't bother then, i'm not installing any cios's just for this, it really should mention that in the apps readme.... amateurs

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, i had CIOS13b installed with using USB loader GX and i have 4.0 installed, for some reason transformers game didnt load it gave me a blank screen anyone having that problem or do we need to update to 4.1 to play transformers

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cooler89 said:
Weird, i had CIOS13b installed with using USB loader GX and i have 4.0 installed, for some reason transformers game didnt load it gave me a blank screen anyone having that problem or do we need to update to 4.1 to play transformers

Loads fine for me.

4.0U
latest usb gx loader
Cios Rev12

Cant remember if you have to turn on error 002 fix or anti 002 fix or just leave them off but i know the game does work on 4.0.

speighty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it probably best to wait till everything is working again like pre loader and themes seen as the only update is for wii sports resort.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm updating manually.
So I want to create a system menu 4.1 wad. I already know the id, it's 00000001-00000002
But what's the version for the Europe version?

edit: okay, that's done. but i want to be sure my wad file is correct.
what exact size is it supposed to be?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!