Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
If it's not on the front page, it's not checked yet... go ahead and check it yourself, and help the updates...

Oh, and for every one to know, all the games I'm testing are NTSC, and I test with both the high def cables, and standard cables on a high def TV. I'm going to be updating with a few more games tonight...

if you want a specific game tested, send me a PM with the location to download it.

For everyone that is having problems, just hold on a day or two so I can write up a FULL install guide... trust me, it'll be worth it.
A full guide sounds great. Im sure that would help alot of people.

One quick question. It doesnt have to much to do with the loader but its worth a shot. How long does it usually take someone to download a 4GB iso? A day, a few hours, I dont know.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How exactly is this thread against the rules? We're discussing a program that's released for the Wii, and it's compatibility with games... if you want to really say this is against the rules the entire SITE is against the rules... with DS flashcart updates with compatibility lists, and release data on every Wii/DS game...

Shiro, your an asshat, go away!

thricestanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AlBa said:
thricestanger said:
Well, this is how I'm doing it. I have a folder on my desktop named StarWarsWii. In that folder I have three things: Star wars iso, backup-creator.exe and common-key. I then drag the iso into the backup-creator.exe and get the error. Thanks again!

Do like MiloFoxburr says then

Didn't see his post. It worked! Thanks a lot for the help guys. Burning right now. Hope it works. Thanks again.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
zidane_genome said:
If it's not on the front page, it's not checked yet... go ahead and check it yourself, and help the updates...

Oh, and for every one to know, all the games I'm testing are NTSC, and I test with both the high def cables, and standard cables on a high def TV. I'm going to be updating with a few more games tonight...

if you want a specific game tested, send me a PM with the location to download it.

For everyone that is having problems, just hold on a day or two so I can write up a FULL install guide... trust me, it'll be worth it.
A full guide sounds great. Im sure that would help alot of people.

One quick question. It doesnt have to much to do with the loader but its worth a shot. How long does it usually take someone to download a 4GB iso? A day, a few hours, I dont know.

@Zidane - That testing strategy will probably get you in a lot of trouble...

@Dino - With average broadband connection of 1.5Mbit via BitTorrent (use Isohunt.com for your torrents, as it agregates trackers from every torrent site) it'll take about 6 hours.

phoisgood495

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested:
No More Heroes NTSC- hangs on green scren
Guitar hero 3 custom gh2 mod: Works, with painfully long load times for the first couple songs.

Posts merged

Tested:
Guitar hero 3 custom gh2 mod: Works, with painfully long load times for the first couple songs.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
In regard to the fact that NTSC games do not display correctly, I'll offer up this suggestion:

Download the most recent release of USB Gecko and enable the Rebooter patches. There is one that corrects the video mode.

I have yet to try this, but it's worth a shot.

A more permanent solution would be to modify the cIOS for NTSC, but that should come in time.

The TV mode options don't work with the rebooter, so one it restarts it uses the mode your Wii was doing before.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a 16M connection, so I download at 1.8MBPS, I can get a whole wii game from a "private tracker" in about 15 minutes.

F0ur2o

Trophies
Website
www.bigkahunatattshack.com
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone list which IOS one should or should not have. Not where to get them.
I have dvdx installed - but
I am still getting a -1029 error when I try to install the wad.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am 3.2U if ti matters.

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoisgood495 said:
Tested:

Posts merged

Tested:

How painfully long, and what do you mean by only the first couple songs?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miles said:
teq said:
In regard to the fact that NTSC games do not display correctly, I'll offer up this suggestion:

Download the most recent release of USB Gecko and enable the Rebooter patches. There is one that corrects the video mode.

I have yet to try this, but it's worth a shot.

A more permanent solution would be to modify the cIOS for NTSC, but that should come in time.

The TV mode options don't work with the rebooter, so one it restarts it uses the mode your Wii was doing before.

The latest release of USB Gecko is said to have the video mode setting working with the rebooter. So, did they lie or what?

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
The latest release of USB Gecko is said to have the video mode setting working with the rebooter. So, did they lie or what?
By USB Gecko you mean GeckoOS right?
Either way it looks like to force the TV mode with Rebooter you need to have a USB Gecko adapter and you need to hook it up to your PC.

wilfordbrimley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an NTSC HD TV with the regular wii AV cables and an NTSC wii. Will the Force Unleashed PAL version work with my TV, or will i get some sort of black and white picture?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miles said:
teq said:
By USB Gecko you mean GeckoOS right?
Either way it looks like to force the TV mode with Rebooter you need to have a USB Gecko adapter and you need to hook it up to your PC.

Hm... I was under the impression that they were implementing more features into GeckOS that didn't require USB Gecko.

Either way... there's always the Wii Video Mode Changer.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Naruto Shippuden: Gekitou! Ninja Taisen EX 2 (JP) - Boots up but afterwards hangs on greyish screen.
frown.gif

Mario Super Sluggers (US) - Boots up but afterwards hangs on greyish screen
Mario Kart: Wii (US) - Boots up but the screen flickers and its in Black and White

I tested this on a old TV because the HDTV is in my parents room and I'm not sure if I'm able to use it.

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wilfordbrimley said:
I have an NTSC HD TV with the regular wii AV cables and an NTSC wii. Will the Force Unleashed PAL version work with my TV, or will i get some sort of black and white picture?
Want to know the same thing

Zeek03

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Wait... I have the key, an ISO and the loader all in the same directory. When I launch the program It does nothing. Any help? It doesn't say ERROR or anything it just opens and thats it. Is the patch really fast or something?

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well in another thread waninokoko said he was releasing the source as to not violate the GPL.
This is good news.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4FTASzSPThM?si=i8JRmmFkpcXXIT7o +1