Hacking Wbfs Inteligent Gui - DVD to WBFS, WBFS to WBFS

redydav

Trophies
XP
Country
m-tek said:
Seems to copy games usb -->usb but they double in size...

Also got the "wbfs.exe encountered an error" at the end of the dump .. but it just flashed on and off...

Not tested it yet as I cant get on the wii...bloody kids!!

EDIT!!

Tested the usb --> usb and still not working for me.... (xp sp3)

I get an error "Return (Ret =0)"when booting the game

This happened to me whenever i added it from ANY WBFS Manager it refused to boot (sometimes it got to the wiimote safety part) but when i direct dumped from my wii t my usb using usbloader they worked fine

Hope i helped

Redydav

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Great, it just need to have the Channel Maker that HowardC added to his GUI and this would make the PERFECT wbfs GUI ever.....and it can be translate in your own language
bow.gif

BenJeremy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This never worked for me. It stated the game transferred, but nothing showed up on the target drive. Same issue with the Chinese WBFS manager out there.

There is a third one, but it transfers the ISO to the PC's HD as an intermediate step, and is excessively long.

I was hoping I would not have to do any coding (I'm a software engineer with 25+ years experience, and just a little bit known in the Xbox hacking world for a little program called MXM), since I now work heavily in C# for my "real" job, and am a bit spoiled, but perhaps I can look at wbfslib sources and create a new function - one that copies from wbfs to wbfs partition directly.

I'll let you all know if I get around to it.

BenJeremy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aardvarks said:
m-tek said:
what do you mean use??

i have about 20 cios files on my pc but carnt put the back on my hdd

You are confusing the term "CIOS" with "ISO", I believe.

cIOS refers to a custom extension to the Wii's "BIOS" software (Firmware)

ISO is an image of a DVD (or CD), which can be burned to a DVD-R using an app like ImgBurn.

Golup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The isos or ciso export function is brilliant!

Just two suggestions.
Please add the function of download NTSCJ covers. Not every game has PAL or NTSC covers.
And can you add the function of convert .iso to and from .ciso?

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
BenJeremy, it feels like it was yesterday that we were discussing new features in your MXM thread. Damn. Welcome. If you thought X-S was full of newbies, you ain't seen nothing yet.
smile.gif

AlexDP

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
BenJeremy said:
This never worked for me. It stated the game transferred, but nothing showed up on the target drive. Same issue with the Chinese WBFS manager out there.

There is a third one, but it transfers the ISO to the PC's HD as an intermediate step, and is excessively long.

I was hoping I would not have to do any coding (I'm a software engineer with 25+ years experience, and just a little bit known in the Xbox hacking world for a little program called MXM), since I now work heavily in C# for my "real" job, and am a bit spoiled, but perhaps I can look at wbfslib sources and create a new function - one that copies from wbfs to wbfs partition directly.

I'll let you all know if I get around to it.
Nice, another C sharper
tongue.gif
I've been looking at libwbfs for a while and trying to work out the best way to do the direct drive-to-drive, but all my C# work has left me a little fuzzy on C. The fact that libwbfs isn't commented very well doesn't help either... I'm just about done with it and it is copying the images, but I'm likely missing something because the files show up larger than they should and don't run in USBLoader. I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the headers somewhere. (It definitely copies the data, I checked with a low level disk reader tool, after zeroing the target drive first). No easy way to debug this either...)

El_Mesias

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Update:

Added download covers Ntsc-J.
New Wbfs_hermes with the bug of copy Cisos in some hard drives corrected.

Update the first post.

aardvarks

Trophies
XP
Country
BenJeremy said:
aardvarks said:
m-tek said:
what do you mean use??

i have about 20 cios files on my pc but carnt put the back on my hdd

You are confusing the term "CIOS" with "ISO", I believe.

cIOS refers to a custom extension to the Wii's "BIOS" software (Firmware)

ISO is an image of a DVD (or CD), which can be burned to a DVD-R using an app like ImgBurn.

but i still carnt put them back on my hdd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, thats not orange thats blue +1