what do you guys think about gay marriage??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rogue_Syst3m said:
i think everyone has the right to be miserable
tongue.gif

^This is becoming a cliche', but it's exactly right.
Gay and lesbian people are not 'lesser' simply for what they find attractive in a mate.
And it's time they were no longer treated that way.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I've never seen any problem with it.

The idea that someone is denied the act to do anything because of who they're attracted to is terrible.

I'm against the idea of marriage as a whole though but since no many people find the piece of paper so important, I won't argue about it.

Fun fact: I'm watching that episode of South Park just now about Lemmiwinks and Mr. Slaves ass.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Rayder and Vulpes beat me to the punch.

Also, if an LGBT civil rights movement of the same magnitude as the one experienced in the US during the 60's ever occurs in our lifetime, I'd march on Washington with them. No homo
wink.gif

War said:
Oh okay. I guess you guys are with most of my class then. I guess it's alright, everyone is entitled to their opinion (as wrong as it may be LOL...)
A majority of your class and just about everyone on this topic so far agrees on something that you don't, and we're all wrong?

I guess.

Like you said, you're entitled to your opinion (as wrong as it may be).

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gay marriage shouldn't even be an issue to discuss in my opinion.
We're in 2011 and there's still debate over two people getting married because of their gender.
It's their business isn't it? Does it affect you, if not then it's none of your concern to be honest.

Same goes for ethnicity, religion/non-religion, gender, nationality debates.

tl:dr people need to let go of these ridiculous anti-minority views, especially when they don't affect them in the slightest.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Anyone be shocked on my option? Well this might shock you. I do not support the term "Gay Marriage." I support just marriage. I find no reason to label it just because it happens to be between 2 people of the same gender, I believe it should just be the same as any other marriage.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Anyone be shocked on my option? Well this might shock you. I do not support the term "Gay Marriage." I support just marriage. I find no reason to label it just because it happens to be between 2 people of the same gender, I believe it should just be the same as any other marriage.
I don't see why it'd be shocking. Labels always suck.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ikki said:
I don't see why it'd be shocking. Labels always suck.
You know most people are shocked that me as a gay rights activist would say that, then again I am pretty sure those same people don't quite get what I am saying.
I think they think I am saying I am against Gay Marriage.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu9000 said:
Rayder and Vulpes beat me to the punch.

Also, if an LGBT civil rights movement of the same magnitude as the one experienced in the US during the 60's ever occurs in our lifetime, I'd march on Washington with them. No homo
wink.gif

War said:
Oh okay. I guess you guys are with most of my class then. I guess it's alright, everyone is entitled to their opinion (as wrong as it may be LOL...)
A majority of your class and just about everyone on this topic so far agrees on something that you don't, and we're all wrong?

I guess.

Like you said, you're entitled to your opinion (as wrong as it may be).
I read War post slightly different. I thought he meant they should be able to have marriage, it just man to man or woman to woman seem wrong to him.

One day for gays and lesbians, this wouldn't be a topic or at least change to just marriage.
tongue.gif

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MFDC12 said:
cwstjdenobs said:
MFDC12 said:
But you are not going to find many gay people who are against those either
wink.gif

May be a generational thing, but my gay uncle is well against gay marriage. This is me badly paraphrasing him: You have pretty much the same rights as a married couple/civil partnership by just living together and declaring that you are living as a couple other here. I think he thinks that should be good enough, and gay people shouldn't want to emulate a straighter lifestyle.

Not my views, though it does make a strange sort of sense. I honestly think he's a bit doolaly.

Yeah, I've met gay men like that too, but I think my wording was off, I meant to say not many gay men were against like adoption/anti-discrimination and stuff
smile.gif

QUOTE(Panzer Tacticer @ May 16 2011, 02:39 PM)
Sure some gays might wish to be religious, but, isn't a gay person in a church a bit like a black guy wanting to join the clan?
Not exactly.
There are quite a few denominations that are pretty accepting of homosexuality, not to mention a lot of church's 'hate' the sex part, not the actual connection (like love) between two men or two women.

This is only directed at the portion mentioning how "quite a few denominations that are pretty accepting of homosexuality".

I consider any flavour of Bible based religion that is 'accepting' of homosexuality, to be wishy washy in their faith. The Bible is very black and white about it, and leaves NO room for discussion. Not that I care I need to comment on that eh. But, I consider it annoying how there are so many variations of Christianity out there, considering they call the Bible 'the revealed word of God' ie divinely inspired, and yet no one can read it without arguing over what it said.

That says to me, that the whole notion of 'divinely inspired' is pathetic horseshit if it's anything. It's a dumb book, and has done nothing but divide and generate grief.

Marriage is not a 'straight' institution though, it has just been enshrined by religion for so long, that people seem to think you can't be married without a religious angle.
I told my wife, back when I told religion to piss off and get out of my life, that my marriage was, and was only, (henceforth) the document I signed in the church AFTER the damned church ceremony. I told her I still enjoy the memory of her in her wedding dress, but I'd have been just as happy if she had worn it to the town hall to sign my devotion to her in front of the proper legal authroities. My vows are still valid, but, God no longer holds any sway in the process.

This I say to anyone homosexual reading. You get nothing out of being married in a church. But if you must insist, I must insist on not supporting you if you get a lot of grief on the road to that ambition. It's not necessary, and as such, is a pointless waste of effort.

I only support legally married civil unions simply because church weddings straight included, mean nothing to me. So what you made your vows before God. I put it to you, this person (God) has never existed. You were talking to yourself.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
The Catholic church is officially accepting of gay people, but completely against gay sex and gay marrage.

The klan killed people regardless of what they did.

Bad compairison.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Midna said:
The Catholic church is officially accepting of gay people, but completely against gay sex and gay marrage.

Bad compairison.
I make a comment about that, but realized that a start is a start.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:

Bad compairison.
Well the topic is about gay marriage, the former two are irrelevant.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You know most people are shocked that me as a gay rights activist would say that, then again I am pretty sure those same people don't quite get what I am saying.

Some people seem to think any rights movement is about special rights, not equal rights.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Against it.

Yeah, I know I sound like pretty much the only one in here saying that, but I don't care.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Against it
For religious ties reason, homosexual marriage should and must be kept out of church according to the bible principles

Still i agree wholeheartedly with it being named civil union or PACS or whatever, to their right for adoption and dont care what they do in their own privacy
As for social behavior no over the top manner of display about their lifestyle is fair enough and greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean for 1st party routers iirc linksys use to support it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ahhhh that I have no idea
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    pretty cool though if so
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or from what ive heard ways to set custom imgs for 1st party routers so locked down now days
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    OPNsense VM and specs and specs of system it's running on. https://imgur.com/a/S9wgGUD
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I've turned more features on in OPNsense lately and it's getting kind of high on RAM usage, I see. Probably bump that up to 4GB soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wanna make a 8core router with support for 20gbps doesn't even sound that silly lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I only have 1 gig internet but internally I have 10 gig connectivity for everything on my lan lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    fiber connection from my desktop PC back to my core network switch
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    2 port HPE SFP+ PCIE NIC in my desktop and all of my servers
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    silly shit
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eventually this desktop is going to act as a server too, just for the hell of it. Because this PC is WAY fucking overkill for how little I use it.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And once I do that, my desktop OS that I interact with is just going to be a virtual machine and use GPU passthrough to connect everything
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send it to me ffs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No because it's my desktop lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    The most use this PC is getting right now is 979 Chrome tabs open right now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This is my desktop there are many like it but it is mine alone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Enabled PPPoE on router now no wifi connection lul
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Anyone knows