zone97

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am about to get a Wii, and would like to know what mod chip to get (and where)..

I have ALOT of GC backups, and whatever mod I get needs to be able to play GC backups.. Also I would like a mod chip that is being activly updated. I would hate to get one that a firmware or some other update causes not to work..

thanks..

Tylon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good choice
wink.gif

zone97

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok well I just cancled my order... why? I found out there is a possablitly that I could get a D2C chip which the wiikey doesnt work with..

anyone in the US know what the likelyhood of getting this chip might be... (hint) will be had around xmas?

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok well I just cancled my order... why? I found out there is a possablitly that I could get a D2C chip which the wiikey doesnt work with..

anyone in the US know what the likelyhood of getting this chip might be... (hint) will be had around xmas?

100% It's literally IMPOSSIBLE to buy a D2B without Cut legs or a D2B with cut legs. They are REALLY hard to come buy, seriously dont even thing about modding it. until a d2c modchip comes out you'll be legal on that thing
sleep.gif

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The likeliness that the wii you buy now has a D2C chip is near 100%.
Also "actively updated" doesn't apply to WiiKey that much. Yes they've released their update recently, but Wiinja had their 3rd updates months ago, while WiiKey promised their update would be released soon, even before that.

Just because they finally release their update because it had been leaked out before anyway, doesn't mean they are actibely updating...

Anyway, I don't think you'll be seeing any interesting updates for any chips soon, as drive chips don't allow much more then allowing backups to play.
And I guess you need to wait for D2C compatible mod chips anyway, or find a pre-modded wii somewhere...

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i got a wii about a month ago and it did have a D2C chip, but luckily my friend at work had an older wii she traded me so i could mod it since they dont care about modding their wii.

Also supposedly in 10 days there will be a D2C modchip, the only problem is it might be a 30 wire installation, check out this link.

Modchip for D2C Wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk