what type of OS do you use on your computer?

what type of OS do you use on your computer?

• Total voters

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use OS X for daily use, I just like it a lot more than Windows... Then I have a Windows 7 partition for gaming. I also use Ubuntu occasionally if I don't have OS X as an option (UNIX FTW).

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mac on hackintosh, Linux and chromium OS dualboot on laptop, windows on hackintosh.

Also, I tried FreeBSD but I don't have it anymore.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alienware M17x R4: Windows 7 x64 Home Premium School and portable gaming and work rig, upgraded to 16GB of RAM
DIY desktop: Windows 7 x64 Home Premium Main gaming and work rig, water cooled, planning on upgrading the RAM and CPU/mobo
Acer aspire one 721: Windows 8 x64 Professional (with media center upgrade since it was free) Crapy laptop which is only usable for word and some light internetting
Really old brandless pc: Windows XP x86 (home edition?) only still have this one because I use it to test my water cooling loop with it's molex power\

I don't realy like Windows 8, IMO it's just too focused on touchscreen pc's and I don't realy like those :/ Metro is forced down your troth and I would have liked to see it as a option :/
Windows 7 is THE OS I like, it could be better with some upgrades that are in Windows 8 (Things like build in ISO reader and some parts of the new task manager), it's customizable enough for me, as I don't want to hassle with codes too much.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Windows 7 at home, Windows 8 at work (and it works AWESOMELY. take that, HATERS). MacOS X Hackintosh when I feel like it.

Various obscure, hard-to-use Linux distros since I'm an elitist bastard and I hate everything that gets too mainstream.

Reactions: The Catboy

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
OS X mainly (10.6.8 Snow Leopard), but I do have a Win7 partition on the computer for school stuff (CAD (Pro/E, SolidEdge, etc.), modeling, MathCAD) and games. Possibly upgrading to Win8. Used to use a modified Windows GUI, but went back to the original when it was handier for most things (conflicts with some software)..

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In one computer?
If someone has more than one PC, then it's fine.

In addition to dual boot
https://www.virtualbox.org/
http://www.proxmox.com/products/proxmox-ve
and for a twist on the theme (though less of the multiple operating systems per se)
http://www.aads-worldwide.hk/products.html

On any halfway modern machine these will run at basically fully speed for everything but very high end 3d graphics and there are things looking to stop that from being the case as well.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I just would never be able to get used to using Ubuntu or another Linux distro on my desktop. I use Linux on servers, but I use Windows otherwise, because it's what I've been using my entire life and it's hard to get used to something different. There's also the fact that most games aren't available on Linux and that alone is enough that I don't want to use it as my main OS.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Windows 8.

Why, because my computer guru uses it. And only morons explain to the clearly smarter, a 'better' option :)

I am not in love with 8, but, I am also not in love with searching for old driver, and taking forever to load patches following a re install and format of the system.

I have no beef with 8 in any way that matters. It runs my shit, it was simple to install and go through the update process. In 3 years I don't expect to be using Windows 8. Most of using 8 is no headache. I even like some of it.

Best part though was MS screwing up the price tag of the upgrade snicker snicker. I got 8 for a lousy 16 bucks, because they mangled the verification process for new machines loaded with 7. Oh yeah suuuuuure I just bought this rig with 7 on it :)

Now for 200 bucks heheheheheheheheheheeh yeah right. I'd have gotten it the same way I got 7 (which I upgraded from :)).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/OLqeHmZp-Wc?si=gnlLbzZEgWiNp5E5