• Total voters

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, I'm a little afraid to ask, but I haven't found a Topic in which I could posted this, so...here I am
tongue.gif

I would like to buy a HD for my Wii/PC. Basicly for Music, Videos and ISO's...so I need much Space, around 1 TB...only problem is, there's a realy small compability with USB-Sticks/HDs on the Wii...so now I need to know if anyone has a 1 TB HD sucessfully working on his Wii? NOT with GeeXboX/WiiLinux, these ones have high compability...I'm speaking about MPlayer-CE, DMP, USB-Tester, etc...

I thought about that one:
Verbatim Hard Drive 1TB, 3.5", USB 2.0
binary_details_verimages.php

I would be very thankful and happy if someone could share something. Many Thanks in Advance!!!
smile.gif

Also, since I'm shure I'm not the only one with that question...what would you think about an USB-Device-Compability Wiki? I think this wouldn't be such a bad idea, and help some people...

EDIT: I took a Look at how to make a Wiki, should be possible for me
wink.gif
. Will start tomorrow to make one.

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
a wiki would be helpfull, i was also thinking about buying a verbatim external 1TB Hard Drive...

succes with making the wiki
yay.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I've started, nearly finished...

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB...patibility_List

Still needs some Changes, but should be ready for editing and adding...let's start!!!!
yaynds.gif

I'll add my Devices when I'm at home
wink.gif

Now it's ready, I think. Added the Navigation, fixed some Spelling, added some rules, etc... . Many Thanks to the GC-Backup-Loader Wiki, from which I copied many parts
yaynds.gif
. If you have to add something, you know how to edit the wiki
wink.gif

NOW PEOPLE; GO AND ADD YOUR DEVICES!!! I NEED YOUR HELP
smile.gif
!!!

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice idea.
One suggestion, the Navigation is a mess. I added a new category and had to add it to every single Navigation/copy the whole navigation a few times, on WIkipedia you can use templates for such things, you change it one time and all the other navigations update themselves. I didn't had a closer look at this wiki though.

EDIT: I alreday changed it

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
mousex said:
Nice idea.
One suggestion, the Navigation is a mess. I added a new category and had to add it to every single Navigation/copy the whole navigation a few times, on WIkipedia you can use templates for such things, you change it one time and all the other navigations update themselves. I didn't had a closer look at this wiki though.

EDIT: I alreday changed it
Hey, Thanks
smile.gif
. I'm not so good at all this codes, simply done some Copy-Paste
tongue.gif
...will also edit it slighty today, add more Text/Describtion, and maybe a little Pic, I think. Now we need to spread that news, so many people will submit their entrys...I'll put a Link/Text in my Sig, and see what else I can do...I realy hope it will grow fast...I need a wroking 1TB HDD
tongue.gif
. Anyone got a working one? Please?
frown.gif

EDIT:
-Added Homebrew/GeeXboX-Selection
EDIT2:
-Created a .gif and put in my sig...we have to spread the news for much entries
tongue.gif
-Added GeeXbox-How-To. Still needs work.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
helloforum said:
And now? Have you seen how Up-to-date this Wiki is? And how many entries they have for big HDs ( > 300GB)?. The Wiki here has currently not so much entries, yes, but more for big HDs, and looks way better...Overall, it has more potential, and we'll need defintely one with the ISO-Loader...so it's definitely better than that one.

@All: Please submit your Entries here, on the GBATemp-Wiki
smile.gif
. We need your Help, especially for big HDs
grog.gif
!!!

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe we should add a USB-Loader catergory into the tables
wink.gif
but it could also be that every HDD which works with normal homebrew (wad installer, mplayerWii) will also work with USBLoader, mine does at least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIoANBgzYkQ