• Total voters

Welce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am slightly tired of switching out my DS lite from game to game, mostly when my cousins tend to scatter my games around when they visit.. So it can take several hours to find the game I want to play..
So I decided to buy a flash cart and put all my games on there but I know nothing about this, so I was wondering if anyone could help.. I read the reviews on the site and it seems Supercard is very reliable, now that R4 split and doesn't update anymore?
My reason for liking it myself, is, I love to cheat sometimes during games when things get difficult. So I tend to use them through certain points.

I would also like to customize with my own skin, why I also liked Supercard the best..

But for a first time user and someone who knows nothing about this sort of thing...
What would everyone suggest? Which is the best flashcart out there?
Please help me in explaining the finer details, since I am new..

Thanks to everyone who helped.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Best? I think it's a toss up between the CycloDS and the M3 Real (Purely based on other members views, I have never owned either).

Cheap, yet good? Acekard 2 or EDGE.

Also wrong section.

Welce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Law said:
Best? I think it's a toss up between the CycloDS and the M3 Real (Purely based on other members views, I have never owned either).

Cheap, yet good? Acekard 2 or EDGE.

Also wrong section.

Wrong section? I thought this was the right section...
Where might I put it then... Sorry I did though..

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would say m3 real or a cyclo. I have had both but I prefer my cyclo over the m3 real. I had problems with the m3 real ram expansion when I used it. My cyclo doesn't have any problems with my 3 in 1 no the plus though. Cyclo is very easy to use. Just select the rom and you're done.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I can vouch for the M3 Real. It's got a slight price to it, but it's well worth it. Recently, the M3 Team released the new firmware called M3 Sakura. It's a complete overhaul, and it's far better than any other firmware I've seen for any other card. It's got built-in video and MP3 playback, with pictures and homebrew to boot. It has built-in Action Replay since you said you love to cheat. I can guarantee you won't be disappointed if you get the M3 Real, being an M3 Real user myself.

If you want to play backed-up GBA games, you could get the M3 Perfect bundle, or you could get the standard bundle which comes with a rumble pack. You gotta get the SD Micro card separately, and I personally recommend a 4 gig or more, depending on how many games and how much media you have.

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m3 real is best in my opinion... although i hear good things about cyclods....
if your looking to save money... acekard2 is your choice... AKAIO firmware is great!
M3 REAL has the best looking firmware in my opinion... SAKURA rocks...
although if you get an acekard you can use moonshell and boot games via ysmenu... so it is like sakura... but hey...
and disision2 is great as well and will boot games via ysmenu only on acekard and dstt and r4 i think...

if your are not tech savy then go with the m3 real... everything is easy...
acekard you would have to do some modifications as their original firmware is not good... AKAIO is what you would want

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hmmmm..we actually have a thread that is dedicated exactly to these kind of questions, but I'll keep this open as I see that thread is fully running..I'll just move it to appropriate section!

Well, I own both CycloDS and M3 Real, I would suggest you both carts, they are great and easy to use..
If you're planning to play GBA games as well as NDS, get yourself M3 Real Perfect batch, there isn't better solution to play both NDS and GBA games, but if you're oriented mainly to NDS gaming, get yourself CycloDS, it's a bit bigger price then other carts, but it's well worth it, with all extra features, quality and support you get for that cart!

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The EZ-Flash expansion pack? You'd need GBA ExpLoader, but you'd have to patch it. It's simple to do, and it enables GBA games to be played with the 3-in-1 expansion pack afterwards. Actually, it's what I do in my DS. However, I want a M3 GBA Expansion simply due to the fact it's more simple.

topgunroofm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK With my R4, i had to use YSMENU to use the RUMBLE and Expansion RAM, and GBAEXpackLoader for playing GBA games. Does the GBAexpackLoader
do all thaton the M3 Real?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
topgunroofm said:
OK With my R4, i had to use YSMENU to use the RUMBLE and Expansion RAM, and GBAEXpackLoader for playing GBA games. Does the GBAexpackLoader
do all thaton the M3 Real?
You bet. From what I heard, you need to patch ROMs you want to use rumble on, and you gotta patch the Opera browser, but GBA ExpLoader runs GBA games flawlessly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [uploads TP] :D +1