Which websites do you visit the most?

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Using the blocks is a lot more different than writing actual code, and if you're used to one, you might not necessarily be able to do the other. I found it an annoying pain in the ass to use blocks, whereas someone who is used to using Scratch might find it to be an annoying pain in the ass to have to type out all their code.
Don't forget that Scratch uses certain operations that can't be found in a standard game engine, such as "Broadcasting" to other objects and code blocks. That kind of functionality doesn't exist in professional editors, but is integral to creating programs in Scratch. So when people inevitably transfer to a more advanced program, that's a critical element that now requires a much different approach. In that way, block-based editors can be a hindrance.

Reactions: Deleted User

Nyako

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nyako.gay
XP
Country
Canada
Using the blocks is a lot more different than writing actual code, and if you're used to one, you might not necessarily be able to do the other. I found it an annoying pain in the ass to use blocks, whereas someone who is used to using Scratch might find it to be an annoying pain in the ass to have to type out all their code.
Well, personally I think it can "make" programmers, as it already teaches you a lot of stuff like variables, conditionals, functions and others.

...Of course I may be biased, since I used to use Scratch a lot.
d-dont worry, i moved on to python

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag