Hacking WiFi Data Transfer

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I was wondering... With my WiFi DS games, such as GTA:CW, AC:WW, MK:DS, and LoZ:PH, will I have to transfer my wifi data from my old DS Phat to the DSi? I've seen no mention of it here, so I'd figure I would ask just in case... I never upgraded to a Lite, so idk whether I have to or not. Does it make a different if I use a Flashcard?

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just copy the sav file over to the other flash cart that works with the DSi.
Original games sav their files on the game cart apparently not on the DS itself.

DanTycoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In your DS Phat, go into one of the games (it doesn't matter which) and go to the WiFi settings. Then, go to options and "Transfer Nintendo WFC configuration." On your DSi, go to download play and follow the instructions.

WiFi connection information is not saved in the SAV files, but on the DS itself. This process will copy your wi fi settings from your DS Phat to your DSi. It shouldn't matter if it's transferred from a flash cart or a regular one. However, I've only done it from a regular one. I'm not sure if the game being on a flash cart will screw up the download play in any way.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it just copy it, or will it move it? Will I be able to play on WiFi with the WiFi games on the Phat after this?

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just a follow on question,
but doesn't this transfer DELETE the config and MAC address of the original DS and replace it with a new one?

If so, isn't there a way to clone/dump the DS WiFi config to another DS/i?

DanTycoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the transfer settings option does delete the Wi Fi connection information off your Phat. So, if you want to use both of them just set up wi fi manually on your DSi and you can use both of them for Wi Fi.

As for the MAC address, I don't really know.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
DanTycoon said:
the transfer settings option does delete the Wi Fi connection information off your Phat. So, if you want to use both of them just set up wi fi manually on your DSi and you can use both of them for Wi Fi.

As for the MAC address, I don't really know.
The MAC address is PART of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to