Wii #1963 - Red Steel 2 (Europe)

blacksoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
moli said:
does not work on wii 4.2e + wasabi dx 3.0b updates enabled "unable to read disc"

anybody got an idea?

(no, not burning problem.
seriously, not.
i mean it.)

I've got a Wii 4.1E (with IOS from 4.2) & Wasabi (not dx one) firmware 3.0b (same as final)
The game just runs perfectly. So it's not a firmware issue...
You should probably check your downloaded file or this is burn issue.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadriano said:
Just finished it today, spent a lot of time looking for secret stuff and yeah I enjoyed it a lot. Like NMH2 it got repetitive at times but not as much as that game. Safe to say its a good dump, had no problems at all with any stutters, lag or freezing on CFG USB Loader.

Worth buying for sure though, definitely a game I'll play again and again. At times it made me yearn for a true sequel to XIII.

Ubisoft should get the same team to do that.

Wow. Short game or you are a monster.

moli

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
moli.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
blacksoul said:
I've got a Wii 4.1E (with IOS from 4.2) & Wasabi (not dx one) firmware 3.0b (same as final) So it's not a firmware issue...

what is an IOS ? (hope you get it...) and i have wasabi dx so our systems are too different to tell.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I just finished too, but are there any others who think the battle system might be a little unhinged? I mean I left all the gun upgrades, cause of the simple fact that they would never be used. I never used the gun but only the sword, so I find it a little off. I would've preferred the old red steel duel style 'cause it would force me to simply search cover and kill them that way instead of just using some combo's.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nasune said:
Well I just finished too, but are there any others who think the battle system might be a little unhinged? I mean I left all the gun upgrades, cause of the simple fact that they would never be used. I never used the gun but only the sword, so I find it a little off. I would've preferred the old red steel duel style 'cause it would force me to simply search cover and kill them that way instead of just using some combo's.
Honestly I kinda agree with you but at the same time I kinda dont agree with you. The orginal just seemed stupid that you could only use your sword during a duel and no other time. Where as this one made having a gun pretty much pointless. Just seems stupid that you can shoot enemies in the chest and they just flinch but when you slice them it sets them up for an instant kill (mind you the shooting them in the leg to set up an instant kill was fun). Anyone else see something wrong with that? Put it this way, if you shoot someone in the chest (vest or no vest) it would stagger even the brawliest of men. Then throw in the fact there is no percision slashing (it gives the illusion of percise slashing when you really only have 6 preset collision slashes (meaning the game only reads you slashing 6 direction even tho the animation shows you slashing in the place that you slash your sword) dont believe me? Go slash at a one of those wooden cut-outs or slash and watch the animations of enemies, then tell me I am wrong) or percision shooting in the game (even tho that is what they boasted about), did we really get an upgrade of the orignal? I am not sure if we did or not. On one side the story segments are better in Red Steel 2 but the theme of Red Steel 1 was more fitting (maybe its just me but I liked going against the yakuza/street punks more than going against some weird somewhat technologically advanced western biker gang). The controls are better in Red Steel 2, but mostly because they gave us access to ACTUALLY using the sword and not just giving us what would appear to be a sword but really is just a stick that gave them the right to make us waggle like idiots. But at the same time it was fun ducking behind cover and shooting at ppl from across the room then running up and flanking them and shooting them in the head. In the end I ended up disappointed in a way but still would play this game over and over. I just wish they would have kept what was good about Red Steel 1 and adding in what they adding in for Red Steel 2 and gave the game some longevity (and no I am not gonna say multiplayer...not all games need multiplayer. This game is one of those games...besides it would have been so broken anyway since the lock on feature is so late to lock on unless you do the hold A, let go, then swing method which would get frustrating. That and alot of the skills he has are cheap as all hell xD especially raven xD (think that is the name of it)the one where you send the person flying in the air then you can immediately leap in the air and slash them down to the ground)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game does emphasize heavily on swordplay, but the gun is quite useful. Instead of having to rush enemies who are at a distance, you can instead take out your gun and blow them away. I found myself using the shotgun a lot on armored foes who aren't exactly easy to take on with a sword. There's also location specific damage effects to chain with your sword.

I also wrote a full review of it here. Fantastic game, 9.2/10 overall.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah I just read it, and I agree with you the game is good, still I will say that the gun could've been left out completely and it would've been fine. And that is a bit of a shame ( every enemy was quite simple if you used the right sword skill, or even just smashed away madly (except for the mitrailleur dude, I hate that one, but a gun would not be much help there either)), I hoped for a bit more gun action ( funnily enough, the only current gen console on which I like shooters is the wii). And the story was a bit of a let down for me (just too many questions left open, why was the hero cast out, why did snijiro turn out that way, what happens to the others after the game etc.), though it was not a bad story (can't say the originals' was better, its been too long to remember that story). Still it is quite an accomplishment (the swordfighting is fun after all).

Villetil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read through the entirety of this topic hoping to figure out what I am doing wrong not being able to launch the game but unfortunately it did not help.

I've got the latest version of USB LOader GX (just updated it via their online update service)
My Wii has firmware version 4.0E on it
I installed Wachinko's latest revision of CIOS (rev19)

I've managed to play the wii motion plus intro cinematic that is on the game by setting video mode to AutoPatch vidpatch on, using IOS249, Error 2 fix, using an alternative .DOL(player.dol) and having IOS Reload set to on. However after playing the movie (with some messed up audio here and there) the screen goes black and I'm back at the system menu.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Villetil said:
I've read through the entirety of this topic hoping to figure out what I am doing wrong not being able to launch the game but unfortunately it did not help.

I've got the latest version of USB LOader GX (just updated it via their online update service)

I've managed to play the wii motion plus intro cinematic that is on the game by setting video mode to AutoPatch vidpatch on, using IOS249, Error 2 fix, using an alternative .DOL(player.dol) and having IOS Reload set to on. However after playing the movie (with some messed up audio here and there) the screen goes black and I'm back at the system menu.

Hmm it could just be cIOS rev19, ppl have been having trouble that use that cIOS. I had no trouble with loading the game, but then again I had already seen the WiiMotion+ video (you only have to watch it once then it never shows its self again) when I played Wii Sports Resort so it didnt start the video at all just went straight to the Ubisoft logo and on to the game. But then again it could just be reading that you dont have 4.2...I dunno. Because there is an 4.2 update on the image/disk. *atleast that's what I read* And as far as going to a black screen after the gay WiiMotion+ video, that is normal. You just make sure you watch ALL the stupid videos, then let it kick you back to the system menu. If you watched ALL the videos on that list, it saves in the system that you have watched it and you shouldnt need to run it through the alt DOL. The only thing you need on for this game to play is Error 2 fix to on or to anti. Nothing more

Firmware 4.2U (official)
cIOS rev17
I play all games off IOS249 (except Zangeki no Reginleiv and Sonic and Sega AllStars Racing)
Usb Loader Gx updated via online update
Pimp My Wii has been ran on this Wii

Villetil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silkyskeeter said:
Villetil said:

Hmm it could just be cIOS rev19, ppl have been having trouble that use that cIOS. I had no trouble with loading the game, but then again I had already seen the WiiMotion+ video (you only have to watch it once then it never shows its self again) when I played Wii Sports Resort so it didnt start the video at all just went straight to the Ubisoft logo and on to the game. But then again it could just be reading that you dont have 4.2...I dunno. Because there is an 4.2 update on the image/disk. *atleast that's what I read* And as far as going to a black screen after the gay WiiMotion+ video, that is normal. You just make sure you watch ALL the stupid videos, then let it kick you back to the system menu. If you watched ALL the videos on that list, it saves in the system that you have watched it and you shouldnt need to run it through the alt DOL. The only thing you need on for this game to play is Error 2 fix to on or to anti. Nothing more

Firmware 4.2U (official)
cIOS rev17
I play all games off IOS249 (except Zangeki no Reginleiv and Sonic and Sega AllStars Racing)
Usb Loader Gx updated via online update
Pimp My Wii has been ran on this Wii

After fumbling arounf with the settings in USB Loader GX i managed to get it to run somehow but thanks for the help anyway. I'll give my settings alook and will post them here in a minute, perhaps they'll be usefull to someone else.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Does this game has a New game+?
This is very important to me because I want to complete it 100% (upgrades,weapons etc) in my 2nd playthrough...

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fishykipper said:
this game sucks, what a waste of download
no two player............say what??
To eaches own. So what if it doesnt have 2 player? (not all games need multiplayer) If you would have watched any footage of this game and/or paid attention to E3 at all, you would have known it didnt have multiplayer. So in essence you are the one that sucks for downloading a game without researching what the game actually was. The game wasnt all that it was hyped up to be but it by no means sucks.

HiroshiYamauchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This game is good, but i have to admit i'm very disappointed by it's controls. They're not bad at all, but i have a feeling that the WM+ does little to make it a better a experience.

aaadmiral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
played first couple hours, pretty fun.

I actually use the gun a fair amount, but I'm a bit of a pussy when it comes to FPS.

Also, worked with Configurable USBLoader no problem... just set video mode to Force NTSC. (worked without that, but in b&w :S)

moli

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
moli.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
blacksoul said:
moli said:
does not work on wii 4.2e + wasabi dx 3.0b updates enabled "unable to read disc"
(no, not burning problem. seriously, not. i mean it.)
I've got a Wii 4.1E (with IOS from 4.2) & Wasabi (not dx one) firmware 3.0b (same as final)
The game just runs perfectly. So it's not a firmware issue...
You should probably check your downloaded file or this is burn issue.
unscrubbed release works!
btw cannot be download problem as it was compressed (crc). and not a burn issue as i said.

Azadar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Got the game to work on usbloader but I have to say this is a total pile of shit.. The game just isn't fun to me at all. The graphics are cell shaded and look ok but the gameplay just bores me. I deleted it after trying to play for 30 minutes and was like can I boot the 360 again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P