Hacking Wii bootOpera Channel Forwarder Problem

pacthesir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, this is my first post because I need help with creating a WAD Forwarder channel for bootOpera. Incase you don't know what bootOpera is, here is some info about it:

IMDb is one of the few web pages that (kind of) work so I wanted to create a channel forwarder for it. I managed to create the WAD Icon and banner but the bootOpera won't go to IMDb and just boots like the internet channel would. It works when I launch it from the Homebrew channel but not when launched on the Wii menu, Does anybody out there have a solution for this? Yes I am using the original White Wii (GameCube Supported)

Also I want to know how to pack it like the Hotmail Channel. Hotmail Channel works even without the SD card, can anybody help me with that? *I WILL CREDIT ANYONE WHO HELPS*

Last edited by pacthesir,

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, this is my first post because I need help with creating a WAD Forwarder channel for bootOpera. Incase you don't know what bootOpera is, here is some info about it:

IMDb is one of the few web pages that (kind of) work so I wanted to create a channel forwarder for it. I managed to create the WAD Icon and banner but the bootOpera won't go to IMDb and just boots like the internet channel would.

Without getting my hands wet...Did you set the Homepage as IMDB.com?
It still won't open to that page?
Have you tried using mobile versions of the IMDB website?
most urls simply append m. to the address such as
https://m.imdb.com/

It works when I launch it from the Homebrew channel but not when launched on the Wii menu, Does anybody out there have a solution for this? Yes I am using the original White Wii (GameCube Supported)

Also I want to know how to pack it like the Hotmail Channel. Hotmail Channel works even without the SD card, can anybody help me with that?
Is there an option within the browser for a cache or save location?
Different behavior from WAD install vs boot.dol makes me curious of the storage location when booted from homebrew channel.
Does the browser save files onto the SD card in this mode and where does it save them?

Last edited by elk1007,

pacthesir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works fine when I open it from the Homebrew channel but not when creating a wad forwarder. Thanks for help though... Yes I just tried the mobile website too and nothing worked.

pacthesir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an option within the browser for a cache or save location?
Different behavior from WAD install vs boot makes me curious of the storage location when booted from homebrew channel.
Does the browser save files onto the SD card in this mode and where does it save them?
I don't think it has any proper cache or save location options because it's for Wii and not normal Opera

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it has any proper cache or save location options because it's for Wii and not normal Opera
Do you think bookmarks and homepage are stored in a save file under data management?
There has to be a reason the data is inconsistent between the app/forwarder.

pacthesir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think bookmarks and homepage are stored in a save file under data management?
There has to be a reason the data is inconsistent between the app/forwarder.
To be honest, I'm not really an expert on all this so here is my problem visually

pacthesir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, that was helpful :)

Is the installed channel a forwarder to the SD:\apps\IMDB_folder\boot.dol
or
Did you pack the homebrew into the WAD?
I installed it to the boot.dol folder on my SD card. You can see at the end of the video the destination of the wad forwarder. By the way thanks for helping, you will be credited when the channel is released.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It works when I launch it from the Homebrew channel but not when launched on the Wii menu
If you build a URL forwarder dol using ModMii it should work (see ModMii Classic's advanced downloads menu). That being said, if you already have a dol that works when launched via the HBC this might not be the issue. I would double check that you have injected the correct dol into your WAD, the same one that works via the HBC (and\or try one created by ModMii).

Perhaps also try adjusting the channel IOS to use IOS58 (which is probably the same one used by your HBC which is working) or to use IOS55 (which is the IOS use by the Opera channel)

Reactions: jeannotte

pacthesir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank
If you build a URL forwarder dol using ModMii it should work (see ModMii Classic's advanced downloads menu). That being said, if you already have a dol that works when launched via the HBC this might not be the issue. I would double check that you have injected the correct dol into your WAD, the same one that works via the HBC (and\or try one created by ModMii).

Perhaps also try adjusting the channel IOS to use IOS58 (which is probably the same one used by your HBC which is working) or to use IOS55 (which is the IOS use by the Opera channel)
I May need help using it... Can you run me trough it... Take your time too, I got all the time in the world right now. Also I remember you from the Hotmail Channel, thanks for helping.

*EDIT* VERY MUCH THANKS TO YOU MAN! IT WORKS! YOU ARE FOR SURE CREDITED! I'M SUPER THANKFUL!

Last edited by pacthesir,
Reactions: jeannotte and XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Thank

I May need help using it... Can you run me trough it... Take your time too, I got all the time in the world right now. Also I remember you from the Hotmail Channel, thanks for helping.

*EDIT* VERY MUCH THANKS TO YOU MAN! IT WORKS! YOU ARE FOR SURE CREDITED! I'M SUPER THANKFUL!
Excellent, can you share what got it working? Just building a new dol with modmii or did u also have to change the channel ios?

Edit: what ios is your channel using? It should be listed in the wad info if u open it with customize mii or showmiiwads

Reactions: jeannotte

pacthesir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent, can you share what got it working? Just building a new dol with modmii or did u also have to change the channel ios?

Edit: what ios is your channel using? It should be listed in the wad info if u open it with customize mii or showmiiwads
Big thanks to you man, First off I used IOS 35, I used ModMii to create a new URL DOL and used the mobile IMDb link just incase of the Wii's weak internet, also IMDb works just fine on the internet channel, maybe a few errors here and there but it works! :D Also here is the preview for it! Download link is in the description!

Preview:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ted Bundy edition