MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i read the 'how to' in the zip file and it talks about IOS 249.

i know that you guys are talking about advanced options or something but i just dont get that. little help?

just see if i've got it straight so far. i haven't made a move on my wii yet incase i do something wrong lol

1. i install CIOS36_ blah blah.wad
2. install winglauncherchannel.wad OR golddiskchannellauncher.wad (both are wiigator i hear)
3. install the DVDx using the advanced install with IOS 249

stuck here. dont understand how to install DVDx... i mean, i dont understand how to get to IOS 249 to install it. i have IOS5.wad in the wad folder too, but thats not 249 is it? lol

any help appreciated
smile.gif

Motoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mikeyt1998 said:
i read the 'how to' in the zip file and it talks about IOS 249.

i know that you guys are talking about advanced options or something but i just dont get that. little help?

just see if i've got it straight so far. i haven't made a move on my wii yet incase i do something wrong lol

1. i install CIOS36_ blah blah.wad
2. install winglauncherchannel.wad OR golddiskchannellauncher.wad (both are wiigator i hear)
3. install the DVDx using the advanced install with IOS 249

stuck here. dont understand how to install DVDx... i mean, i dont understand how to get to IOS 249 to install it. i have IOS5.wad in the wad folder too, but thats not 249 is it? lol

any help appreciated
smile.gif

When the options come up for normal or advance, select advance, you should see IOS 1 or something, simply press the right digital pad button to get to number 249, if you press the left button it will scroll through all the other ones.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what i mean is i dont know how to get normal OR advance to show. i'm thinking now that i have to start DVDx from the homebrew channel to get it installed? i feel like a complete idiot here XD i've never had this kinda trouble with this stuff lol

i got a folder in the zip called DVDx in the apps part so i put it onto the SD.

so many questions XD

EDIT: just read the end of the 'how to' and it explains what IOS5 and wii dumper do lol.

TheFlyingMoose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I know that this may sound noobish, but when I have my drive selected in IMGBurn, what booktype do I choose? I am burning a DVD + R. Thanks in advance!

10mssp1.jpg

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
TheFlyingMoose said:
OK, I know that this may sound noobish, but when I have my drive selected in IMGBurn, what booktype do I choose? I am burning a DVD + R. Thanks in advance!

10mssp1.jpg

Choose the 1st one down... and choose speed 2.4x if you are still trying to use a DVD+R.... Then if you continue to use IMGBurn to do this it should always be ready to do it the way you chose from then on.. To change the book type you also have to make sure you choose the right drive as well...

Also... new compatabilty for WiiGators Launcher that worked NTSC USA are..

TNA Impact
Ferarri Challenge
Bleach Shattered Blade
NHL 2k (I think it was listed under Wan's but Gators)

Did anyone ever get Wario Kand Shake to work?!

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TheFlyingMoose said:

10mssp1.jpg

For a DVD+R

Use the first option. Not the second one down, Your DVD isn't rewritable it is a+R not a +RW
Although in the future try to get some DVD-R I've heard they work better

IronMask

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about that...was looking at the image and counted from the highlighted area....

Yea he's right DVD-Rs seem to work pretty good...even though I have had success with both types...

By the way... I couldn't get Mortal Kombat Amrageddon NTSC to work... it starts loading then I get the black screen of death after it shows me which controllers I can use...
About the game Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility...it works just slow for me... couldn't play it long though...to preschool for me...

Wish I knew how to code this thing so I could finish what was started by wan or wiigator... because trust me...if i had the know how to program this code they would all be working

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oli181 said:
Where does the common-key.bin file come from?

You either have to find a copy of it , create it , or if your using some pre-written application that might be found in a zip in someones signature , then its within the zip and is created and put into the folder when an ISO is selected.

IronMask

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
You guys are just too funny!
gbasp.gif

Here is what you will see if installed correctly...
1080696pa6.jpg

1080695fz9.jpg

1080697kf5.jpg

1080698hp0.jpg

If not... then you can't follow instructions very well...

And by the way... these images do not include the Swed super models... That would be in code violatiion of Regulation Code
1234.56-a145 in the DJTaz's How to be a Pimp with a Wii on GBAtemp exclusively.

nyanya.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IronMask said:
And by the way... these images do not include the Swed super models... That would be in code violatiion of Regulation Code
1234.56-a145 in the DJTaz's How to be a Pimp with a Wii on GBAtemp exclusively.

nyanya.gif

I really dont think many have spotted that yet to be honest. Its good to have a giggle though.

Smileyface121

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know i must sound like a complete noob, but i read this FAQ and its really helpful but i do not understand how to download files that "are in your signature". I have look through your profile but have found no dl link, and i would appreciate it if someone could take a few seconds to tell me how to do this. Thanks

Smileyface121

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry never mind, i just look above and found the links under the previous post. Must not have been on the first one. Sorry for the time waster!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Smileyface121 said:
sorry never mind, i just look above and found the links under the previous post. Must not have been on the first one. Sorry for the time waster!

No problem - ill put the links into the questions and answers to avoid further confusion and make life easier for others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Hi hi!