Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

stevenrushing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I remember you told me that ios249 was the ciosfix.wad... is there a way to install this cios via wad? (forgive me if I am speaking out my rear ie nonsense =)

stevenrushing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, could I backup my savefiles and channels and such, and then go into the wii and do a complete reset to default factory values? would that make a difference?

VanAuberjim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I tried the gamma guide on my first 3.3E Wii, but I think something went wrong because when I open the Backup Channel (with a backup in the drive) the drive locks and I'm getting a black screen. Then I have to press power button for 5 seconds to power off and then eject the disc.

What I did:
1. Copied needed files to SD
2. Run Zelda hack, accepted all, installed Homebrew Channel
3. Turn off and on console
4. Homebrew: Run 1. cIOS Installer
5. Homebrew: Run 3. Update 3.3 and installed safe shop channel.
6. Homebrew: Run 6. Wadmanager
7. Wadmanager: Installed schwarzyz_Gamma_Launcher.wad ***(DJTaz, message)***
8. Turn off and on

Then I had a backup launcher channel. Inserted a backup (sports island) and I got the disc lockup and black screen. Hard reset. Tried another backup. Same thing happened.
BUT, if I go to Homebrew, run 2. Backup Launcher, then Run game from there, it works.

What did I do wrong?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stevenrushing said:
I believe I remember you told me that ios249 was the ciosfix.wad... is there a way to install this cios via wad? (forgive me if I am speaking out my rear ie nonsense =)
There is a wad for the cios floating around somewhere , but i never used it and i dont have a link - im not at home at the moment but ill take a look later for you unless someone like noobwarrior gets there before me.
I know theres 2 versions of that cIOS - one by wiigator and one by waninkoko but again ill have to look more into it to see whats what and get back to you.

QUOTE(stevenrushing @ Nov 30 2008, 06:45 AM) Also, could I backup my savefiles and channels and such, and then go into the wii and do a complete reset to default factory values? would that make a difference?
a few have tried that and failed - the factory defaults still leave the cios installed so its kinda pointless unfortunately.
Im totally confused as to why all other cIOS install except the one you really need ... I know theres 2 versions of that cIOS - one by wiigator and one by waninkoko

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VanAuberjim said:
I tried the gamma guide on my first 3.3E Wii, but I think something went wrong because when I open the Backup Channel (with a backup in the drive) the drive locks and I'm getting a black screen. Then I have to press power button for 5 seconds to power off and then eject the disc.

What I did:
1. Copied needed files to SD
2. Run Zelda hack, accepted all, installed Homebrew Channel
3. Turn off and on console
4. Homebrew: Run 1. cIOS Installer
5. Homebrew: Run 3. Update 3.3 and installed safe shop channel.
6. Homebrew: Run 6. Wadmanager
7. Wadmanager: Installed schwarzyz_Gamma_Launcher.wad ***(DJTaz, message)***
8. Turn off and on

Then I had a backup launcher channel. Inserted a backup (sports island) and I got the disc lockup and black screen. Hard reset. Tried another backup. Same thing happened.
BUT, if I go to Homebrew, run 2. Backup Launcher, then Run game from there, it works.

What did I do wrong?

Can you try running it from the homebrew channel - backup launcher and see if your getting an error ?
I dont think the issue is the wad - it sounds like the cIOS didnt install properly or the discs are bad.
what version are you on in your wii ? (its in wii settings top right)

Thanks for pointing out the little errors i made in the wad filenames as well - i renamed the wads but forgot to do it in the steps - ill resolve that later.

dazzak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Dj,

Back again for a very quick question.

I've successfully installed the backup launcher using your excellent info, and just wanted to check something.

I've read on the compatability list that some games (notably Wario : the Shake Dimension) needs a fix for it to work correctly.

Do the wads you have provided in your zip include this fix, or will I / can I install a secondary backup launcher channel which includes the requiem fix?

Just wanted to check before I did anything stoopid!!

Many thanks again for all your help.

VanAuberjim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
djtaz said:
VanAuberjim said:

What did I do wrong?

Can you try running it from the homebrew channel - backup launcher and see if your getting an error ?
I dont think the issue is the wad - it sounds like the cIOS didnt install properly or the discs are bad.

Thanks for pointing out the little errors i made in the wad filenames as well - i renamed the wads but forgot to do it in the steps - ill resolve that later.

Console says 3.3E.
I already tried that. Running the Homebrew Channel and loading backup launcher from there lets me play all my backups with no problem at all (and no errors).
Trying to play the same backups using the backup channel, gives me the disc lockups and black screens.

I only tried schwarzyz_Gamma_Launcher.wad channel from your pack. Maybe it's not compatible with 0.3gamma for PAL consoles? Or maybe I should start the channel without a disc in the drive, and load the backup after I start the channel? (Or does it try to force NTSC, and since my console and my backup are both PAL it can't display anything and hangs there?)
How can I delete the Launcher channel from the system channels' menu?

DvDrmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an issue with the loader channels i've tried.
I followed the "WiiHowToGamma" guide and successfully installed all the need files.
When i try the loader on the SD card through the HBC, it works fine but when i try to load from one of the channels, it just reboots the wii to the main menu.

Any thoughts..

TIA.

NTSC Wii, v3.2u, HBC v9, various loaders

Thanx to the authors of these and the guides, btw
grog.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VanAuberjim said:
djtaz said:
VanAuberjim said:

What did I do wrong?

Console says 3.3E.
I already tried that. Running the Homebrew Channel and loading backup launcher from there lets me play all my backups with no problem at all (and no errors).
Trying to play the same backups using the backup channel, gives me the disc lockups and black screens.

I only tried schwarzyz_Gamma_Launcher.wad channel from your pack. Maybe it's not compatible with 0.3gamma for PAL consoles? Or maybe I should start the channel without a disc in the drive, and load the backup after I start the channel? (Or does it try to force NTSC, and since my console and my backup are both PAL it can't display anything and hangs there?)
How can I delete the Launcher channel from the system channels' menu?

Press minus from the wad manager to uninstall , but installing pretty much any other channel should remove it as most use the same ticket number - all the wads in my zip have been verified as working so its safe to use any of them.
There is also a thread for channels - might be worth taking a look at some of them [url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=115706]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=115706[/url]

Posts merged

QUOTE(the mario @ Nov 30 2008, 08:25 PM)
My Wii won't run discs at all, including TP. Just did a system format, and still no go. Am I fucked?

worst explanation of a problem ever ... a little detail would be nice

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DvDrmann said:
I have an issue with the loader channels i've tried.
I followed the "WiiHowToGamma" guide and successfully installed all the need files.
When i try the loader on the SD card through the HBC, it works fine but when i try to load from one of the channels, it just reboots the wii to the main menu.

Any thoughts..

TIA.

NTSC Wii, v3.2u, HBC v9, various loaders

Thanx to the authors of these and the guides, btw
grog.gif

Hmm - sounds like the cIOS may have been the basic one you used - there is a second one that has more in it - i think its in the number 1 folder in the zip if you want to look - just rename the files and try installing the new one.

QUOTE(dazzak @ Nov 30 2008, 01:57 PM) Hi Dj,
Back again for a very quick question.
I've successfully installed the backup launcher using your excellent info, and just wanted to check something.
I've read on the compatability list that some games (notably Wario : the Shake Dimension) needs a fix for it to work correctly.
Do the wads you have provided in your zip include this fix, or will I / can I install a secondary backup launcher channel which includes the requiem fix?
Just wanted to check before I did anything stoopid!!
Many thanks again for all your help.
what compatibility list are you going by ? best thing to do is to just try it - if it fails then look for a solution - i know using waninkoko's ios patcher to change the games to ios249 seems to resolve a lot of issues without any more installs.

amzter

Trophies
XP
Country
My wii backuploader is acting funny everytime i boot a backup or even the original when it gets to the screen where it tells me to put my strap on and things like that the wii mote doesn't sync with the wii the 4 blue l.e.d's just flash but not connect.This all stoped working after I installed the new backup loader.. this error happend then i uninstalled it and then installed the beta version and that doesn't work now either. I have tried Re-syncing thats not working

the mario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
the mario said:
My Wii won't run discs at all, including TP. Just did a system format, and still no go. Am I fucked?

worst explanation of a problem ever ... a little detail would be nice
I've recently installed the backup loader and tried a few burned DVDs, and they worked fine. But just today, I got a black screen error any time I tried to load a disc. I updated to 3.4, then system formatted, both didn't work. I now can't run any disc, including TP, so is my system screwed or is there some fix?

DvDrmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
djtaz said:
Hmm - sounds like the cIOS may have been the basic one you used - there is a second one that has more in it - i think its in the number 1 folder in the zip if you want to look - just rename the files and try installing the new one.
In the #1 folder there's "boot.dol" and "cIOS36_rev7-Installer.dol"
I renamed cIOS36_rev7-Installer.dol to boot.dol and it seemed to install ok but still no joy. The loader reboots to the Wii menu without loading the disc.
Should i have other cIOs's installed including this one? For example: IOS38-64-v3609.wad or IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad?

TIA

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
amzter said:
I can use original games loading the games from the wii menu

I know you can, my question is if the cIOS or gamma makes the original games have some issues like with the rockband issue I said some post ago...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the mario said:
I've recently installed the backup loader and tried a few burned DVDs, and they worked fine. But just today, I got a black screen error any time I tried to load a disc. I updated to 3.4, then system formatted, both didn't work. I now can't run any disc, including TP, so is my system screwed or is there some fix?
What steps did u take to 'system format' ?
Have you downgraded to 3.2 ?
What files have you used ?
What system is your wii showing now ?
when you say things didnt work ... what errors did you see ?
.... i could go on - the more you give us the more we can help , leave it vague and all you will get is vague answers , this will go on indefinately.

DvDrmann said:
In the #1 folder there's "boot.dol" and "cIOS36_rev7-Installer.dol"
I renamed cIOS36_rev7-Installer.dol to boot.dol and it seemed to install ok but still no joy. The loader reboots to the Wii menu without loading the disc.
Should i have other cIOs's installed including this one? For example: IOS38-64-v3609.wad or IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad?
It should work with just that cIOS installed - what version is your Wii ? If its 3.3 try downgrading to 3.2
cIOS16 is only installed to run the custom wad manager (at the moment) and isnt really required for anything else that you would need.

QUOTE(sentinel5000 @ Nov 30 2008, 10:40 PM)
Would gamma or the cIOS mess anything that has to do with running original games?
Not if you got the cIOS and/or wad files from a reliable source.

the mario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A system format, as in, choosing the format option from the Wii settings menu.

I used game ISOs burned to DVD with the backup loader.

3.4, like I said.

The error is a black screen telling you that the Wii cannot read the game disc. This happens every time I put a game disc into the Wii.

DvDrmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
djtaz said:
It should work with just that cIOS installed - what version is your Wii ? If its 3.3 try downgrading to 3.2
cIOS16 is only installed to run the custom wad manager (at the moment) and isnt really required for anything else that you would need.
The version of this wii is v3.2u.
Though i upgraded it to v3.2u from v2.0u using the update .wad files that i extracted from bushings update/unbricker .iso using Wiiscrubber.
So it wasn't necessarily updated through conventional means. (Retail disc or internet)

This system was given to me to mod but i wanted to try the loaders. I ran into problems when HBC wouldn't load due to the older fw.
Then, the guy's wii had the parental locks "On" so i had to deal with that. (no internet)
Anyway, all said & done, i'm just going to leave it with an SD card in there an' tell him to use the loader through the HBC.

Thanx for the help though djtaz.

DvDrmann.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P