Hardware Wii U Pro Controller - Battery Led and charging issue

Willsito_GG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello team,

Recently, I have been playing and charging my Wii U Pro Controller normally, but yesterday, I realized that the Battery Led is not turning on when plugging it to the Wii U to charge it. The controller works properly and the Wii U says that it has 2 lines of battery, and when I plug it to the Wii U, I see the “wired” icon within the controller configuration window, that “shows” that the controller is being charged.

What I see after 4 hours of the controller being plugged to the turned on Wii U, is that the led of the controller is still off, the controller still works, and when I unplugg it, the battery that the Wii U says it has is the same 2 lines that It had 4 hours ago....

I have to say that is same thing is happening to my other Wii U Pro Controller, with the difference that this one seems to be fully charged since the Wii U shows 4 lines of battery....

The only ”weird” thing that I recently did, is to charge both controllers with my iphone original charger (for sure is original).

I have already tried to take the batteries out from both controllers, wait 10 minutes, but same thing still there....

And now questions:

Is it expected?
Do this happened to any of you?(or something similar)
How did you solve it?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Trylk248

Honest helper and custom content creator.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you tried with another battery (different one) ? If it happens with any batteries, the controller is malfunctionning and you should get a refund a buy a new one.

Willsito_GG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello,

I am absolutely sure that both controllers are official ones.

The thing is that I dont have another batteries... Do you recomend me any?

Willsito_GG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Are you using the front ports or back ones? Try the other ones just see what happens.

I have tried the backs, the fronts, computers, iphone charger, android charger....

And I am starting to think that maybe the cable has to be “special”? Could it be?

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried the backs, the fronts, computers, iphone charger, android charger....

And I am starting to think that maybe the cable has to be “special”? Could it be?
That's possible, although the cord that came with mine didn't look too special.

Willsito_GG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello team,

Finally, I came back home and tested 2 new cables with happy ending: they are charging normally!

So, in conclusion, the cable we charge the Wii U Pro Controllers with, is a really important point.

Note the orange led on:

P7O200Q.jpg

Regards

Last edited by Willsito_GG,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...