PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
any idea about what's happening these?
A lot of games, including Bedlam, have bugs because of the timings in the cdrom emulation. You can change things around a bit to make one game work, but then others will start having problems. So the cdrom emulation will need to be improved in general to get better compatibility.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
A lot of games, including Bedlam, have bugs because of the timings in the cdrom emulation. You can change things around a bit to make one game work, but then others will start having problems. So the cdrom emulation will need to be improved in general to get better compatibility.
Well, guess the CDROM emulation on WiiStation should be updated with latest CDROM code from PCSX-ReARMed.

This is gonna be kinda hard...

_47iscool

Feststellend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, guess the CDROM emulation on WiiStation should be updated with latest CDROM code from PCSX-ReARMed.

This is gonna be kinda hard...

The CD read delay is still not as slow as an actual PSX. I would know, I have had two of them in my lifetime. And they are a bit noisy too.

(I wish I had kept my (first) old one even though it stopped reading CD's, because it had the I/O port on the back.)

retrodern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you mean to fix some things to make games like Bedlam work, on the same emulator then other games don't work as they should? For example, in my HDD I have 3 different builds (2 WiiStations and a version from last year of WiiSXRX with which 90% of the games I have work very well and I have many saved states) so in my case it would be more than fine to use one build exclusively for those games, and then switch to the other versions when I need to play other titles

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Just made some changes again to WiiStation, in this pull request: https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/pull/126

Changes here:
  • Added autoFix (for apply the Lightrec hack DMA-only code (LIGHTREC_HACK_INV_DMA_ONLY)) for the problematic F1 games developed by Studio 33 (Formula One Arcade, Formula One '99/2000/2001). These will only boot when in Lightrec. (There are still some few crashes, such the one crash when the timer is out in Formula One 2000, so for play these games you'll still have to stick at Interpreter for now)
  • Tidy up SYSCALL/BREAK exceptions emulation in Lightrec.
  • Add SYSCALL/BREAK exceptions emulation in old PPC dynarec. Makes EA Sports F1 2000 to be bootable and playable in old PPC dynarec, at least when we're waiting for a fix in Lightrec.
Also sorry if there are some "inconsistences" in the code i've actually added and changed, but at least they're functional for me.
I will post the build with the changes mentioned here, so please test them in this new build.

(BTW i'm trying to learn coding and programming in C/C++, but i just try to do it in my free time xD)

Please test this, tysm :)

Attachments

• WiiStation_git_5ef26902_21092023.zip
    1 MB · Views: 15
Last edited by SaulFabre,

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What’s the latest on Chrono Cross? LightRec emulators handle it great (not 100% perfect but super enjoyable) — but the game hangs on a black screen when you try to look at a character’s Status on the pause menu. (If you don’t look at the Status menu, I think the game can be completed just fine.) Dynarec versions of WiiSXRX don’t have this problem but don’t perform as well as LightRec in other ways.

Does anybody have a favorite emulator to use for that game?

EDIT: WiiStation 1.0 seems perfect (Status menu works + audio is great). But idk how it performs in the long run whereas I’ve tested hours on the latest 2.4 with beautiful results. Also idk how it handles disc swapping since apparently 2.4 introduced a disc swap fix.

EDIT 2: Eh I’ll stick with the latest WiiStation and recommend that to anybody playing Chrono Cross. It just seems to run smoother and the latest WiiStation has all the nice extra features. Also 1.0 wasn’t booting through BIOS for me (it was just booting into the actual PlayStation BIOS instead of starting the game). I’m a stickler for getting that sweet sweet PS1 startup sound when I start a game. But hopefully the Status screen hanging is resolved someday!

Last edited by Kirby6417,

retrodern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just made some changes again to WiiStation, in this pull request: https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/pull/126

Changes here:
  • Added autoFix (for apply the Lightrec hack DMA-only code (LIGHTREC_HACK_INV_DMA_ONLY)) for the problematic F1 games developed by Studio 33 (Formula One Arcade, Formula One '99/2000/2001). These will only boot when in Lightrec. (There are still some few crashes, such the one crash when the timer is out in Formula One 2000, so for play these games you'll still have to stick at Interpreter for now)
  • Tidy up SYSCALL/BREAK exceptions emulation in Lightrec.
  • Add SYSCALL/BREAK exceptions emulation in old PPC dynarec. Makes EA Sports F1 2000 to be bootable and playable in old PPC dynarec, at least when we're waiting for a fix in Lightrec.
Also sorry if there are some "inconsistences" in the code i've actually added and changed, but at least they're functional for me.
I will post the build with the changes mentioned here, so please test them in this new build.

(BTW i'm trying to learn coding and programming in C/C++, but i just try to do it in my free time xD)

Please test this, tysm :)
Amazing, I'll try it later and let you know
I would like to say that more than a request, I am interested in informing you of various problems relating to some games, to give my small contribution (as a tester obviously) in improving the emulator, so I thank you very much for your commitment and dedication that you put into this project, and obviously for taking my requests into consideration 🙌

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@SaulFabre any possibility of implementing CHD support bro?
i see there's CHD support on WiiSX, but i just don't know how to implement it to WiiStation since WiiSX is now using CMake for that and not using Makefiles like WiiStation.

Add SYSCALL/BREAK exceptions emulation in old PPC dynarec. Makes EA Sports F1 2000 to be bootable and playable in old PPC dynarec, at least when we're waiting for a fix in Lightrec.
I forgot to mention, the game EA Sports F1 Championship Season 2000 with this modification is also fixed and playable on PPC dynarec. On Lightrec, unfortunately it has the same issue like EA Sports F1 2000 (crashes when trying to start a race).

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I noticed a couple of small issues:

Carmageddon european version, the initial FMV flickers a lot, don't know how to describe it but it's like rapidly switching between 16:9 and 4:3. Also the static image before that FMV is very blue tinted, it seems like blue and red are switched or something
Dino Crisis 2 american version, the initial FMV stops after a few seconds but audio keeps playing, changing between lightrec/dynarec/interpreter seems to make the FMV last slightly longer or slightly shorter

Edit: second problem solved by completely rebooting my Wii, now it doesn't occur anymore

Last edited by marchrius,
Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@ploggy and all the community here

I started a branch on WiiStation for try to add CHD support, which it's experimental: https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/tree/chd

Everything works fine, i only loaded 2 PS1 game files in CHD and they all booted fine, but the problem is when playing games which use CDDA (Compact Disc Digital Audio), instead of audio it plays a horrible noise.

Anyone else knows how to fix that trouble? Or is it also heredated from PCSX-ReARMed?

EDIT: Tried latest WiiSX which i know it uses more recent code and it's synced from PCSX-ReARMed and seems it doesn't have that issue mentioned.

Also, found this commit by notaz which supposedly fixes that: https://github.com/libretro/pcsx_rearmed/commit/f02c57eacd43b7a27111181dabc97b2c5ead78c4

• Love
Reactions: spielvan

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ploggy and all the community here

I started a branch on WiiStation for try to add CHD support, which it's experimental: https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/tree/chd

Everything works fine, i only loaded 2 PS1 game files in CHD and they all booted fine, but the problem is when playing games which use CDDA (Compact Disc Digital Audio), instead of audio it plays a horrible noise.

Anyone else knows how to fix that trouble? Or is it also heredated from PCSX-ReARMed?
We had a similar issue with CDDA Audio on the WiiU PS1 Core last year, a really loud static type noise, this is the commit that fixed that issue back then, I cant say its the same issue you have but perhaps it can help?

https://github.com/notaz/pcsx_rearmed/commit/4ad17db3c1b6bfa042832d613369eda9c7ffff4f
The commit also fixed a issue with the gpu display, so ignore the gpu stuff I guess..

EDIT: this is a vid of the issue from back then

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
We had a similar issue with CDDA Audio on the WiiU PS1 Core last year, a really loud static type noise, this is the commit that fixed that issue back then, I cant say its the same issue you have but perhaps it can help?

https://github.com/notaz/pcsx_rearmed/commit/4ad17db3c1b6bfa042832d613369eda9c7ffff4f
The commit also fixed a issue with the gpu display, so ignore the gpu stuff I guess..

EDIT: this is a vid of the issue from back then

Interesting, i'll check and i'll try again in a few minutes ;)
Post automatically merged:

@ploggy THANK YOU SO MUCH for spotting the fix for this issue, the CDDA audio is working now on CHD:

1695419421433.png

(only tested Pepsiman but it's working now, it has a small delay of 2 secs but it's working. Hope i didn't break anything when trying to fix CDDA audio in CHD xD) (it's fixed in v0.0.2, download here)

Anyways, here's a build of WiiStation with CHD support, finally added: (little experimental, but WORKING!)

Source code: https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/tree/chd

i think i need to robust a little the CHD code with latest one from PCSX-ReARMed but i think it's fine.

Please test this one, TYSM! :D

Attachments

• WiiStation_CHD-experimental_v0.0.1-test-saulfabreg.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 10

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hurray for SaulFabre...!!
I remember I asked for the reading of CHD game file to be added 2 Years ago, that it would be a tremendous improvement, some said it wouldn't or couldn't be done easily and someone did it, Mr SaulFabre!! I'm so happy with this last option!! (maybe you could help to improve the interface of software Chdman, So it can convert all ps1 game in a directory?) By doing this, you contributed saving the amount of space needed on hard drives, so you save the world in a certain way!

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
(maybe you could help to improve the interface of software Chdman, So it can convert all ps1 game in a directory?)
Time ago someone made an "easy mode" for CHDMAN which converts all the CUE, ISO, and GDI games in the actual directory to .chd format, by using batch files.

Usage:
Put all your ISO, CUE, and GDI games in the same directory where the bat files for CHDMAN are, then run the batch file "CUE or GDI or ISO to CHD.bat".

Download in the attachments. Thanks ;)

Attachments

• CHDMAN (Easy Mode).zip
    751 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: xunga

xunga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
There is also a program that uses a graphical user interface (GUI) to navigate CHDman, and it is called namDHC.

Download the chdman.exe and namDHC.exe files from the latest version of namDHC on GitHub. You can place these files wherever you want.

https://github.com/umageddon/namDHC

Open the namDHC.exe file and select "Add files" in the Input files section. Choose the files you want to convert to CHD. These file types can be cue, toc, gdi, iso or zip. You can select several files at once.

Select the desired output folder and click the "Create CHD" button.

When finished, you can read a report to verify that all CHD files have been created correctly.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

Attachments

• WiiStation_CHD-experimental_v0.0.2-test-saulfabreg.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 12

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious